I like one, but not the other

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the taste of fresh lemons but please don't put it into anything baked like cookies or cake. I do like lemon pie though.

My husband likes popcorn, but can't stand the smell of it.

I can't eat an egg unless the yellows are removed. I don't want a yellow running into my white at all and have been know to wash it off.

I will eat an omelet if it has been blended but I won't eat one that has just been whipped up with a fork. Also, I won't eat an omelet that doesn't have cheese in it.

i like raw oysters, but i don't like them cooked. same goes for carrots.

conversely, i like cooked squid and clams, but abhor them raw.

I prefer all my veggies raw with few exceptions. I'll eat most of them if they are lightly cooked.

My mother cooked all veggies until they were grey so I never ate them growing up....well, it was a fight. 'You're not leaving the table until you eat those 4 peas" type of argument. :sick:

Half Baked said:
well, it was a fight. 'You're not leaving the table until you eat those 4 peas" type of argument. :sick:

Fantastic! it`s good to know I`m not the Only one that suffered this garbage either, I had that with a fried egg as a small child, not only not leave the table, but eventualy had to for "Practical" reasons, but next meal would be the same egg on my plate! and nothing else!
that went on for 3 days:mad:

my Mom would sneak me food when my old man wasn`t about though :)

I am the opposite way, I prefer most of the vegs cooked, well except for salads. (and I can't imagine cooked cucumbers....:ermm: ) Tomatoes, I like them either way. But it is true that I like them cooked just right, I can't stand the mushy overkill, either.

Can't think of anything really, but my son loves mushroom pizza without the mushrooms! He aske for a mushroom pizza and takes out all the mushrooms! I am always left racking my brains for answers.

Jikoni said:
Can't think of anything really, but my son loves mushroom pizza without the mushrooms! He aske for a mushroom pizza and takes out all the mushrooms! I am always left racking my brains for answers.

Now that is crazy!!!!

Ok, I got another one... I HATE PEAS!!! Cooked, raw, you name it, I will pick them out of any dish!!! But I love Split Pea soup!!! :huh:

As for veggies, I am like some of you, I like them raw better than cooked. Buckytom... I am with you on the carrots... can't stand cooked carrots, but will delightfully munch on a fresh crisp one!!!

YT and Halfbaked.... eggs..... I like eggs just about any way except with a runny center. (What is funny, is that I use to love it when I was little... you know, dip your toast in the runny center?) Can't do it now... hard cook those eggs... no RUNNY stuff!!!!

Jikoni said:

Oh, how sweet of him!! He knows me well, he is saving all the shrooms for me to scarf down!!:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

sattie said:
... can't stand cooked carrots, but will delightfully munch on a fresh crisp one!!!

LOL My mom used to drive her sisters and brothers crazy at the dinner table. They were all eating their quiet cooked carrots and she was crunching away on her raw ones! When she grew up she liked them either way.

sattie said:
YT and Halfbaked.... eggs..... I like eggs just about any way except with a runny center. (What is funny, is that I use to love it when I was little... you know, dip your toast in the runny center?) Can't do it now... hard cook those eggs... no RUNNY stuff!!!!
The absolute ONLY way I can eat a fried egg is if the whites are firm (not browned at all) and the yolks are totally runny! I love hash and eggs done this way.

urmaniac13 said:
Oh, how sweet of him!! He knows me well, he is saving all the shrooms for me to scarf down!!:LOL: :ROFLMAO:
I had to laugh when I read this! When I left home my mom probably wondered why there were more mushrooms in the spaghetti after I was gone. I used to pick some of them out of the pot and eat them when I would walk through the kitchen and she wasn't looking!

:) Barbara

sattie said:
...I like eggs just about any way except with a runny center.
I almost forgot--When my aunt orders fried eggs in a restaurant she always tells them to cook it until it is as hard as a rock, and then cook it again!

:sick: Barbara

Barbara L said:
I almost forgot--When my aunt orders fried eggs in a restaurant she always tells them to cook it until it is as hard as a rock, and then cook it again!

:sick: Barbara

LOL!!! Yep, that is me... cook that thing till it's dead!!!! The flatter, the better!!

Jikoni, I am with you. I like all food. Some better than others.

I love the taste of ketchup and tomato sauces and tomato paste, but hate the taste of raw tomato.
I hate cooked spinach but love raw spinach in a salad.
I love raw cabbage but hate brussel sprouts (dont know if these are in cabbage family-but taste like cabbage to me)

Back
Top Bottom