"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-08-2008, 08:05 PM   #11
Executive Chef

What a beautiful dog, snack pack! She looks so content in your home - y'all must be meant for each other.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #12
Executive Chef

What a cute puppy. I also believe it's not the breed of dog that is bad but the people that raise them. Meaning if there is stress, hate and fighting in your house they will be the same way. At the same time if your house is peaceful and loving the dogs are the same way. Once in a while you do get the dog who just doesn't get it and I am sad for them since they can not blend into a good family but most of them do if you take the time to show them.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #13
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
oh my goodness 2 cute! *squealing* u should join us crazy people and make ur pet a myspace page! yes, i have one for the cats, our dog, and recently, a hamster!!! but combined, they all have over 1,000 "animal" friends. It is so nice to have hundreds of animal owners/lovers at your fingertips for anything u may need. Our puppy has lotsa PBT friends, lotsa rescues, even the Vick dogs!!!! I am so happy to see the tolerance people have for these beautiful animals, and to know they are raised to be vicious, but really arent in a loving home.

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:30 PM   #14
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon in KS View Post
oh my goodness 2 cute! *squealing* u should join us crazy people and make ur pet a myspace page! yes, i have one for the cats, our dog, and recently, a hamster!!! but combined, they all have over 1,000 "animal" friends. It is so nice to have hundreds of animal owners/lovers at your fingertips for anything u may need. Our puppy has lotsa PBT friends, lotsa rescues, even the Vick dogs!!!! I am so happy to see the tolerance people have for these beautiful animals, and to know they are raised to be vicious, but really arent in a loving home.

Our Reesie has a Dogster.com page...though we haven't been on in a while. I used to be on there alllll the time, now I have too many hobbies and forums to keep up with!
Old 11-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #15
Senior Cook

Thank you, Everyone!

We were hesitant to play with the larger dogs at the pound, but my husband noticed Tia sitting quietly in hers and wanted to try her out. We took her into the yard and it was a done deal.

She needed some love so bad and we have a huge backyard and LOTS of love to give. We don't see a "pit" when we look at her. We see those huge brown eyes grateful for an extra belly rug and a warm bed at the foot of ours.

She's melted our hearts and I am glad we were able to spread some of that meltin your way. Thanks again everyone. We'll be posting more pics soon I am sure. She hasn't stopped doing cute stuff since we got her home! <3
Old 11-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Nice poochie. I feel sorry for Cash, but ya can't save them all.
My next dog might be a pittie, they are very outgoing dogs and always in tune with their owners. Give me a strange APBT to take care of any day over a Min Poodle or Min Pin.
She is the sweetest thing, she thinks she's a lap dog!

We hate that we couldn't take Cash but who knows, if things go well with Tia maybe we will take Cash. We have the room. At the pound they were telling us that people have been looking and Tia and Cash for weeks but didn't want to split them up. So they've stayed for a month or so. Maybe now that Tia has been adopted Cash will get a good home.

We left our contact info for when Cash does get a home, hopefully his new owners will call us for doggie play-date.