I'm Back!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, the weekend allowed me a chance to get settled in back at home and find my bearings and limits. Today brings reality back. It is my first day alone at home and while I have someone coming in to get my lunch, etc., I will have to figure out what I need DH to do for me in the mornings before he leaves. I also have to arrange physio, phone to find out if the slight "catching" inside the joint is normal and arrange rides for therapy and doctors over the next few weeks.

Surprisingly, however, I am really learning my limits and am staying within them with no temptation as before to "do it inspite of the pain". I know this recovery period is my ticket to a normal life and I have learned my lesson. I will use this time to get strong and healthy. Work and other people can wait!

OK, Laurie - no dashing into the kitchen to whip up 20 dozen cupcakes, OK? It's good to hear from you, and to know that this long-anticipated event is now behind you. As you start to feel better, you are going to be SO tempted to start taking care of everybody again - please just relax for awhile and let them take care of you!

Gosh, I sure hope you can keep off your legs as the doctor orders. It isn't fun but like you said you must remember if you want things to go the way they should and be able to walk and bend your knees you must talk to yourself and just say 'this too shall pass'. As long as you get to the bathroom and back, I feel that is most important. I would just make up my mind to put things I need in the bedroom for the time being. I can tell you feel grateful about the movement you have already. Count your blessings and know you have to do your part too by allowing the body to heal as long as you cooperate. Do things that require sitting and being quiet. As I said count your blessings that doesn't require standing on your feet. I would advise not watching the Olympics right now. They wear me out and I can walk. Take good care of yourself and keep in touch. Be thinking of you.

Back
Top Bottom