"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-23-2007, 07:39 PM   #41
Master Chef

Tom, if there's one thing I've learned in life, it's how to forgive...not only the transgressors, but myself. I'm not talking about anything religious here. I'm just saying that holding anger in our hearts, whether at ourselves or others, is not only a terrible waste of mental energy, but an emotion that can make us sick, physically and/or mentally.
I hope and pray for the best outcome in this situation, but whatever happens, forgive him, and forgive yourself.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:52 PM   #42
Master Chef

Bucky, I'm so sorry that you have to endure this right now. I'm keeping you and Ozzy in my thoughts. {hugs}}

Old 12-24-2007, 12:51 PM   #43
Executive Chef

I don't even know what to say, bt. Having to face the idea of losing someone who was so much a part of your life is just dreadful. And then, to have had a falling out, it must make it doubly hard. But you're on the right track - go and see your friend as soon as you can. Whatever you argued about won't be of any importance. We're all imperfect - that's why we have friends in the first place. They love us warts and all even though they don't have to. It's clear to all of us that your love Ozzy and it will be clear to him, too. BTW, we love you, too, so keep us up on how your friend and you are doing.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #44
Chef Extraordinaire

thanks for the kind and wise words everyone.

ozzy's still hanging in there. we talked over the phone, but he was unable to speak for long.

he went to the transplant hospital's emergency room last night and was admitted. he's going through a series of tests so they're ready if a heart becomes available.

i'm going to see him tonight. all i can do is hope for a miracle.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 02:51 PM   #45
Executive Chef

This is the season to believe in miracles so I'll be hoping for one for Ozzy. I hope your visit gives both of you much joy and peace. Keep us posted, bt.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:18 PM   #46
Master Chef

Bucky; You and me, we are bros too. And I can tell you from experience that saying you love someone too late hurts for a very long time. Get to Ozzy and let him know that you and he are forevever freinds and more. Let him know that whether or not he gets the heart, your freindship will go on from either side of live, mortal, or afterlife. And let him know that no matter what, you will see each other again, and share good times.

Whatever caused the "falling out" was probably some silliness and is unimportant. If he was at fault, apologize to him for taking offense and ask for forgiveness. If you were at fault, make it right, again apologize, and ask for forgiveness. Talk to your freind. Let him know that you are his freind. Be there for him, and for you.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 04:00 PM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire

thanks f-mom and gw.

i'm just trying to stop crying about it. i've never hurt this badly about anything before.

i feel so bad that i was a coward and cut him out of my life instead of facing this sooner. i'm glad my wife went to see him with my son when he called last summer. at least he got to meet my boy. i owe her for that.

i took for granted that someday we'd be those two old guys in the balcony on the muppet show, watching the world go by and having a laugh.

i will follow all of the advice given here, and let him know how i feel. it sure is a test of your faith, ya know?

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 04:18 PM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire

Good report BT...I'm Glad you gonna get to see him!! All will be well between you two!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #49
Executive Chef

buckytom, try and remember that we have all done things that were cowardly or hurtful or wrong because we are human. It's how we address them that shows our true character. You could have said, wow, I shouldn't have cut this guy out but...... Instead, you have opened yourself and faced your mistake and even bared it to the community here. I'd say that makes you a very big man. I'm sure Ozzy has regrets, too, and maybe together, you can both make peace with your own fallibility. For someone facing the uncertainties Ozzy is, that would be a gift beyond measure. I'll be thinking of both of you and waiting to hear about your reunion.
Terry
Old 12-26-2007, 04:46 PM   #50
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
i took for granted that someday we'd be those two old guys in the balcony on the muppet show, watching the world go by and having a laugh.
Orrrrrrrrrrrr like Alan Shore and Denny Crane on their Boston office balcony, sitting in their white leather arm chairs (love those two!)

I knew Ozzy would hang in, Tom! As Terry said, this is the season for miracles!

Lee