"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-23-2008, 05:40 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Goodweed

Hearing this only makes me want to say 'you did good!' and now it shows. Sounds like you couldn't have ordered it BETTER yourself! Oh, I am so very happy for all of you. Life can be so sweet. May it continue for all of you. You deserve it. 'you did good!'

Old 04-24-2008, 12:19 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Well, I hope you get a little time for exploring too. Seattle has lots to see and do.

ENJOY!!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 12:43 AM   #13
Head Chef

And lots of great Pacific Northwest food to eat - you might be there just in time for the Copper River salmon run...it is SO good. Have a great trip, and best wishes to your daughter.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:07 AM   #14
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Have a great trip GW, and best wishes to your daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
You can't find some way to fit a little fishing in inbetween wedding stuff?
This brought to mind the "Home Improvement" episode where Tim and the family tried to fit all their fun in before the wedding! Let's just say it wasn't pretty!

Barbara
Old 04-24-2008, 10:10 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
I just hope he can handle her mischievious streak.
i wonder where she got that?

good luck, safe travels, and god bless the newlyweds to be, gw.

the fish will wait.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #16
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
i wonder where she got that?

good luck, safe travels, and god bless the newlyweds to be, gw.

the fish will wait.
Oh I know where she got it. I gotta share. I was sitting in the living room watching the tube, minding my own business. Suddenly I felt this mild pain on the skin fo my right chest, just under the right shoulder. I looked an there was a jack-o-lantern shaped holloween candle, about 2 inches in diameter, sitting on the couch. I knew instantly that it had been thrown at me. I looked up and saw my youngest child, at the time about 17 years of age, standing about twenty-five feet away with a mortified and suprized look on her face. He kneese were slightly bent and her hand covered her mouth. She was apparently worried about my reaction for it was obvious that she had thrown the candle. She exclaimed in a voice of complete innocence, and with a gasp of incredulity (is that a word?), "I'm sooooo sorry. I din't think I'd actually hit you." And I couldn't help but burst out laughing as I tried to explain to her that what she had done could have been dangerous to me, or various breakables in the house. She continued to apologize. I knew she had told me the truth. It never occured to her that she would actually hit me with that pumpkin. How could I have been mad? I ask ya.

And that's just one very small incident in a lifetime of pranks and foolishness. But then again, I once startled her so bad she almost wet herself. I just meant to startle her a little. Really. So, what goes around comes around. I just hope her fiance is up to the challenge. But from all reports, he comes from a similar type of family.

Seeeeeeya, and thanks everyone, Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:48 PM   #17
Master Chef

My fishing buddy came down with walking pneumonia, which he's getting over, but too late, and the weather turned cold, wet, and windy. So I tied flies instead. I'm new at the fly-tying, but managed two good flies out of four attempts. I need more fly-tying materials, that's for sure, and a better table to work from. All in good time.

I also took the time to drain and recharge my pressure tank from my well. Now, the pump cycles on and off after about 4 gallons instead of two cups. Good for the pump. Makes it last a whole bunch longer, and good for the pressure switch as well. So it hasn't been a bad day, just not the one I was hoping for. I think I'm gonna go and make some pastry cream, or, for you more sophiticated types, Creme' de Patiserie, funny how it seems so much more, um, extravagant in French.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote