Is lunch breakfast and breakfast dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lunch for breakfast and breakfast for dinner

• How DARE you ask this question! I'll never tell! >:(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not an early morning eater so I usually have brunch for my first meal of the day and it usually consists of leftovers from the night before or a sandwich.

We love breakfast for dinner. Waffles, sausage gravy, bacon, grits, eggs, applesauce etc...or it can be a quick egg and sausage sandwich.

I love sweets but prefer them in the afternoon during my slump and after dinner. There's always cake or chocolate chip cookies in the house.

Now if we had breakfast for dinner and I ate the leftovers for breakfast...I would be eating a breakfast. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: (Sorry, I'm simple today)

I love eating breakfast and lunch. Sometimes I make myself breakfast for dinner. Sometimes I don't eat breakfast and I know that is bad for me.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

I like angel hair pasta with veggies for breakfast. Lots of olive oil and hot peppers.

If I eat eggs, I prefer them for supper. A nice omlette and salad, or hard-boiled in a salad nicoise.

I really don't care for sweet breakfast foods at all. My husband used to like them, but diabetes reared its ugly head. Luckily, my version of pancakes (blintzes) works, and thank heaven he prefers real maple syrup (like with many cheeses, less is more when you have the real thing with lots of flavor).

KAYLINDA said:
Sweets in the morning for me...whether it's a roll or cookies...or whatever. Love to dunk in my coffee. Just wondering....what ever happened to supper?
I always call it dinner now...but when we grew up it was breakfast, lunch and supper.
It's still called supper my me dh its dinner lol - Sunday is dinner- strange -:ROFLMAO:

Usually just coffee for breakfast-but could eat breakfast anytime-- love my eggs and bacon ! Been know to eat cold hamburgers, any leftover meat in the morning-when I'am hungry - not fussy!

I grew up with breakfast, lunch, and supper. Sundays and holidays were dinner, but were also usually eaten earlier in the day. My maternal grandparents ate breakfast, dinner, and supper. Dinner was around noon, but was a full meal with supper being the lighter of the two. This was because people did physical labor at or near their home (farmers, or in this grandfather's case, he built and maintained a motel) and needed that hot meal in the middle of the day. Supper was often sandwiches and/or soup made from the roasted meat that was dinner.

Back
Top Bottom