ISO: ASVAB study guide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Anyone know where to go and learn geometry/algebra stuff? DS took the ASVAB test and scored a 37:huh:
The recruiter told him, not a big deal, but, it is a VERY big deal to DS. He wants out of here. He is completely stoked and ready to go, but, he is NOT a big math person at all!!
ThI can help him with the positives and negatives, but, as for all that other crazy stuff, (7-) -3 x12 =
that kind of stuff. He is in such a severe depression over things and this was the only thing I saw him smile about and get all excited, until they left. He cried in fustration. Anyone with someone in the military that can help or whatever. He's already gone to military.com and march2success.com, those have tests, not study guides. tests are good except when you don't know how to work the problems to begin with. The other one is studyguidezone.com/asvabtest.htm, but, shows to have been moved or deleted and no path to new site.

I know that our local Barns and Noble book store has books on getting ready for the test.

Maybe, you could check there??

Anyone know where to go and learn geometry/algebra stuff? DS took the ASVAB test and scored a 37:huh:
The recruiter told him, not a big deal, but, it is a VERY big deal to DS. He wants out of here. He is completely stoked and ready to go, but, he is NOT a big math person at all!!

Hi, Stacy. I don't know how much time he has, but if there is a community college near you, they should have such a class available at a relatively low cost. If that's not possible, they will have a textbook in the bookstore - maybe he can work through that on his own. HTH.

I didn't notice the part about the military the first time I read it. Do they have a different focus on what is covered? I will look around and see what I can find.

:)Barbara

I found an ASVAB study guide here:
All matching items for sale.. You should also be able to find it at Amazon or maybe even Half.com.

P.S. Here is the info if you want to look it up at Amazon, etc.:
Mcgraw-hill's Asvab[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Item Specifics - Textbooks, Education[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Author: [/FONT]Janet E. Wall

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Format: [/FONT]Paperback

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Publisher: [/FONT]McGraw-Hill

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Educational Level: [/FONT]ASVAB Study Guide

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]ISBN-10: [/FONT]0071453377

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Publication Year: [/FONT]2005

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]ISBN-13: [/FONT]9780071453370

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Condition: [/FONT]Used

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Product Type: [/FONT]Workbook, Study Guide

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Category: [/FONT]Test Prep, Study Aid

Last edited:
Stacy, you might want to get a good SAT study guide. They have them in any large bookstore. The cool thing is most of them have a DVD that has practice tests. When you take it, it analyzes the questions you got wrong and then tells you exactly what to study. The book (which is pretty big) covers algebra and geometry and basic trig. I've found it to be a pretty good cram aide, which is what your son needs. If he is motivated and can study independently, this might be the way to go. Especially since there are usually 5-10 practice tests on the disc so he can chart his own progress. These study guides are about $20-$25. HTH

My son used to make extra cash by tutoring, both in math and S.A.T. preparatiion.
Your DS might look for a tutor or math teacher for guidance.

Here's the thing. I was hoping for a link online for him. His truck is incapacitated and he was hoping to get this done, REALLY quick. A crash course to redo test next Friday.
Thank you for the books though, I will see what the cost of 1 day shipping on them. That may work great!!

If you have a large bookstore nearby, they might have it. I know our small one has tons of test prep books.

I hope you find what you need!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom