It's nice to have a DO rather than an MD as a family doc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jd_1138

Sous Chef
I went to see the family doctor today to get refills for my scripts, and I told him my neck's been kinda sore and tight. So he has me lay down and then twists my neck back into shape. It feels way better now.

An MD would've given me a script for Tylenol. lol. Granted I guess there is some risk in having your neck adjusted (increase risk of stroke perhaps), but I don't know much about that. The data on the risk is not conclusive I think. All I know is my neck feels 10 times better, so I am happy. :yum:

I used to go to the chiropractor for this, but he moved 2 years ago down to Florida and I haven't bothered to find a new DC. I will find a new DC and also take advantage of our family doc being an Osteopath Physician and get adjustments from him too.

My mother moved to the coast a few years ago and needed a new primary care doctor. There was only 1 DO listed at the local hospital, and sadly she was not accepting new patients. But my mom is moving here to Ohio next month, and DO's are more common here, so she will be happy. She will see my doctor she says.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom