Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From my local newspaper: "If Ray Bradbury and Shirley Jackson had a love-child, it would be Neil Gaiman." He has a new book out, The Ocean at the End of the Land. If I'm not mistaken, there are several Gaiman fans here at DC who'll be interested. I'm thinking particularly of a certain Princess named Fiona.

From my local newspaper: "If Ray Bradbury and Shirley Jackson had a love-child, it would be Neil Gaiman." He has a new book out, The Ocean at the End of the Land. If I'm not mistaken, there are several Gaiman fans here at DC who'll be interested. I'm thinking particularly of a certain Princess named Fiona.

Most definitely! Thanks for the heads up! I have a bookstore gift card:w00t2:

I have been reading my way through old, stacked up newspapers. The news is no longer current - well, except a couple of items seem new to me at times. There are columnists and food pages and things I keep up with. Those things aren't priority, though, and I have a batch from when I had lots of other things to do. Slowly, I'll see the bottom of the stack again.

Just finished Kate Mosse's "Labyrinth" and started the first in the "Tales of the City" series. It was televised over here some years ago and I loved it so when I saw the books on that website named after a South American river I had to invest.

'Game of Thrones' by George R R Martin. I am on book 3 of 7!! Loving' them. There is a TV series of them but don't want to see that as the characters in my head are always different to someone else don't you think??
I always find that with radio plays and series. It's always a shock when an actor or actress from a series on the radio appears in a television programme and looks completely different fom my mind's eye idea of what they should look like.

I have just started a new ebook...Patricia Cornwell "Scarpetta"

Love all her books :)

Kay Scarpetta (based on a real-life M.E. from VA, Marcella Fierro) is the character use as the basis to create TV's "Bones" character Dr. Temperance 'Bones' Brennan , portrayed by Emily Deschanel. (Yup, I'm good in Trivia ;) .)

Kay Scarpetta (based on a real-life M.E. from VA, Marcella Fierro) is the character use as the basis to create TV's "Bones" character Dr. Temperance 'Bones' Brennan , portrayed by Emily Deschanel. (Yup, I'm good in Trivia ;) .)

Sorry, Sorry...the "Bones" character is based on books written by Kathy Reichs...different writers..."Kay Scarpetta is a fictional character and protagonist in a series of crime novels written by Patricia Cornwell"

You're right. I knew that. Misinformation is what I get when I check with Himself to make sure I remember something correctly. Guess my rememberer is better than his. That ain't sayin' much. :ermm:

LOL!!! I'm more of a Temperance Brennan fan than Kay Scarpetta...of course the draw for the TV show is David Boreanaz...I'd watch him do anything.:angel:

Dr Temperance is the Kathy Reichs books CG :)

I have all of both Patricia's and Kathy's ebooks :)

I have read nearly all of Patricia's but only a couple of Kathy's, finding Kathy's harder to get into, I prefer Patricia's way of writing :)

I am a Scarpetta fan too , have read all of them , couldn't get into Kathy Reichs .

couldn't get into her, huh goddess? yeah, well what about carol O'Connell? what about MALLORY, of Mallory's oracle? what about HER?
oh, what's the connection, my point, you want to know--I dunno, just characters you can really get into, I guess. and, that I began reading and loving cornwell and O'Connell at about the same time....

oops, sorry, gq. I thought I was talking to goddess. so, just take out the flippant parts, 'right? :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom