What are your thoughts on dueling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mseaglecook

Senior Cook
I read lots of books that have duels in them.

Franks: Duellist by Ambrose Pratt

is a great book about dueling.

In books I think it is pretty cool and romantic.

What say you....

There's a movie from 2021 called "The Last Duel" A hell of movie and based on a true story. A Ridley Scott movie with Matt Damon, Adam Driver and Jodie Comer who were the main actors. You might find it interesting. Dueling starts with fully armored combatants on horseback, jousting, finishing with what I believe are broad swords and daggers. On of the better Scott movies imo.

Last edited:
Oh Snap,
The two replies to my thread are the board's kick-a$$ and take names posters.
Rock on..

Ya'll both have my mad respect...:punk:

1709758478329.jpeg

While in college, two of my friends decided to take a page out of Errol Flynn and have an epic battle using sabers while ignoring all rules of actual fencing. (They were mimicking the movies.) So they slashed their way down the steps of the athletic facility, and one jumped over the rail to confront his opponent. After a brief tussle, they broke free from one another and continued across the basketball courts hacking and slashing their way to honor and victory. It was hugely amusing to watch basketball players scatter, etc. until we saw the coach who stormed onto the courts. His face was red, and he was shouting at the two fencers. He threw his clipboard at them and grabbed both- one in each hand. Then he roughly returned them to our practice area. This was our introduction to Bobby Knight. Our poor coach didn't stand a chance. In fact, he was clearly shaken, and we never interrupted basketball practice again. But, gee, it was fun while it lasted. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom