What all is in your freezer(s)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodentraiser

Head Chef
I have 2 lbs of hamburger, 4 chicken breasts, 12 drumsticks, 2 pork chops, 2 1.5lb pork loins, 8 hot pockets, 3lbs of bacon, a 32oz bag of diced potatoes, a bag of blueberries, a bag of ravioli, a couple steaks for steak and potato bites and oyster sauce beef, a bag of mini corn dogs, a rack of ribs, and a pound of butter. The frozen waffles are now thawed and residing in the fridge.

Considering my freezer is half the size of a regular sized freezer, that's pretty good. Maybe I better check and make sure the door is still shut.

A bag of 5 oz BSCB, a bag of 6 oz haddock fillets, a bag of shrimp, a Banquet pot pie, a Stouffer’s chicken parm, a Stouffer’s stuffed pepper, a bag of cut leaf spinach, a bag of mixed vegetables, half a bag of blueberries, a bag of cut green beans, 1/2 bag of frozen corn, a few green pepper strips, ice cubes, freezer packs, four drinking glasses, a glass jar with lid for making chocolate milk and enough room for a box of ice cream! 🤭

Cuts of beef, pork, chicken and turkey.
Ravioli
Breads, rolls and cookies
Chicken and turkey stocks
Chicken bones
Pasta, Pizza and ragu sauces
Walnuts and pecans
Whole grain flours
Butter

. . . and in the freezer under the fridge:

Bagels, assorted muffins, frozen foods, ice, ice cream, cooked bacon, various small portions of misc. ingredients.

Right now:

Meat: 1 meal boneless skinless chicken thighs
beef sandwich steaks
12 oz pkg thick sliced bacon
"Boston" beef roast (about 2 lb)
1 lb sage pork sausage
1 lb regular pork sausage
19 oz pkg Johnsonville chorizo sausage
1 pkg Buffalo chicken bites
1 pkg battered chicken tenders
2 pkg Brown 'n Serve

Ice cream: Edy's caramel churro (yes, it's very good)

Veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, corn, Asian stir-fry blend

1 pkg bao (pork stuffed)
1 pkg won-ton wrappers

Assorted frozen microwave meals
4 breakfast burritos

2 ice cube trays, 1 covered container for ice (the icemaker hasn't worked since I bought the fridge)

There's probably more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Until a few days ago, some things I had (all gone now) were 19 recipes of cookie dough! :LOL:

I have so much in my freezer I wouldn't even try to remember it! I have a notebook I keep pretty up to date. I don't have a lot of meat in there, but what is in there, is in vacuum sealed bags; in fact, almost everything I put in those bags, except much of the leftovers, in plastic containers. There are many "ingredients" I have in the bags that I grow in the garden - some fresh peppers, fresh beans, squash blossoms, some nuts and grains, that are prone to rancidity, as well as WW flour, when I get a couple bags of it - it is something that can go rancid in the summer, when I'm not using as much of it (I only keep a half of that at a time in a small container). Also a bunch of that butter that I didn't use for those cookies I made. A few of my powdered spices I keep on the door, in vacuum sealed bags. Many more things I didn't mention, but are in the inventory!

The fridge freezer is almost all ingredients. Some jars of different types of peppers - misc green, Thai red, Thai green, Hanoi market, Chocolate Habanero (my usual hot one each season), Aji Dulce (my mild hab each season), and a large ziploc with vac bags of each of those, with the amount to re-fill those containers, when I empty them. Also a large ziploc of small vac sealed bags, of galangal, lemongrass, coconut, and other Thai ingredients - it keeps just about forever, as long as those packs don't break open.

Precooked, rice, beans, soups, mushrooms, tempeh. Diced, shredded, blended, or blanched brussel sprouts, parsley/basil, lemons, zucchini. Bread, fruit pastes, peas, olives, maple syrup, date paste, almonds, cashews, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and 20 lbs of blueberries.

Considering my freezer is half the size of a regular sized freezer, that's pretty good. Maybe I better check and make sure the door is still shut.
That is impressive. But, yes do check that the door is still shut. I have found the door open hours later, more than once.
Lord only knows.
Same here. I don't want to rummage too much because, I want to be able to shut the door again. Okay, I know some of the stuff, but ...

Remember when we had those freezers that weren't very cold? They were inside the main door of the fridge with a door that flapped down. I remember when that was an improvement over the tiny freezer section that could hold an ice cube tray, some ice cream, and a can of condensed, frozen orange juice.

I'll find out what's all in my freezer when it is time to defrost the thing again.
I know I got some whole chickens, bread, cooked & portioned meals (although I don't know which till I read the label. And got unlabelled ones as well), chilli's, limes, tomatoes and tomatillo's, galangal, kemiri nuts....

Lots. I have three freezers so I won't speficy it all :LOL:

Freezer 1:
Breads
Gyoza & pierogi
Pizza for stepson
Fries & frozen potato products
Frozen vegetables
Frozen fruit
Frozen butter sticks
Frozen herbs
Frozen grated cheese

Freezer 2:
Meats
Deli meats
Fish
Vegetarian alternatives like tempeh and tofu
Ready made doughs and gyoza wrappers

Freezer 3:
Home made pre prepped meal portions for off days

Remember when we had those freezers that weren't very cold? They were inside the main door of the fridge with a door that flapped down. I remember when that was an improvement over the tiny freezer section that could hold an ice cube tray, some ice cream, and a can of condensed, frozen orange juice.
I grew up with one of those and the lever action aluminum ice cube trays.

images

This stainless steel model is still available at The Vermont Country Store for $24.95 and begs the question Why? 🤭

One essential thing in my downstairs freezer I forgot to mention - a thermometer. This one is a digital reading thermometer, that sends the reading to the base In my kitchen, which also has a reading for outdoor thermometers in front and in back of my house, and the reading in the kitchen (to see if I'm roasting myself! :LOL:). The thermometer in the freezer fluctuates between 1° and -1°, and if it rises much, I must not have closed the door properly, though I try to make sure it is closed tightly every time.

Since we were gifted for Christmas by Glenn's children with a full quarter of beef, we have no need for any beef. I've only put a dent in the almost 30 pounds of ground beef. Whoa! Not to say all the packages of hamburger patties. Then there all the roasts and steaks. Probably won't have to buy beef for at least a year.

Other than that, there are a few assorted chicken parcels, limited packages of piggy stuff, minimal packages of vacuum-sealed fish and seafood, along with frozen fruits and veggies.

Guess we're good for a while. Especially as I recover.

I rented a trailer once that had one of those fridges with an inside freezer. I had to defrost it constantly. I will NEVER have another fridge that has to be defrosted!

We have an all-fridge in the kitchen and an all-freezer in the hallway nearby. It's not the biggest size but I think it's 2 steps down from the biggest. If you want to know what's in it, we will have to go by shelves .....
and of course the door has great storage too!

Frozen fruits and veggies
stuff to bake with like sourdough starter, rye flour, yeast

bagels and english muffins
breakfast meats
ice cream

on sale chicken/meat for dinners
soups in containers

on-sale stuff like: pizza, breaded eggplant slices, fish sticks, fish portions, shredded cheese, egg rolls, felafel balls

Since we were gifted for Christmas by Glenn's children with a full quarter of beef, we have no need for any beef. I've only put a dent in the almost 30 pounds of ground beef. Whoa! Not to say all the packages of hamburger patties. Then there all the roasts and steaks. Probably won't have to buy beef for at least a year.

Other than that, there are a few assorted chicken parcels, limited packages of piggy stuff, minimal packages of vacuum-sealed fish and seafood, along with frozen fruits and veggies.

Guess we're good for a while. Especially as I recover.
How long does beef last in the freezer?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom