What all is in your freezer(s)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me it's more like what is NOT in my freezer? I can never find anything, especially in my chest freezer in the cellar!

For me it's more like what is NOT in my freezer? I can never find anything, especially in my chest freezer in the cellar!
Your post reminded me of my childhood.

We had an enormous chest freezer that was filled to the brim but we only seemed to eat out of the top 6” or so.

Every year or two the clean out and defrosting of the old freezer was the cause of a huge family upheaval over the waste and mismanagement involved.

Those battles have remained with me and to this day I can’t see a reason for anything larger than the freezer compartment in my refrigerator.

Mom wasn't toooo bad at chest freezer management. When mine was in the garage I was terrible at it. Later on we had a 2nd hand upright and it was wonderful. In the kitchen so it was so much easier working as a reminder. Still wasn't great at it, but a bit better.
DIL is a wonder at it, her turn over is like clock work! But she has a completely different style that really seems to work for her. She works and is one of those super organized people, LOL - in my dreams!

We have an upright freezer in the pantry/storage area just off the kitchen. I love my freezer! It is packed with homemade breads, stews, soups, and vegetables from our garden. If there is something freezable on sale at the grocery, we get it and put it in two person serving containers. I also freeze herbs, stock, and pecans. The freezer portion of the refrigerator is for the big freezer overflow.
Did I mention I love my freezer? The organization is not the best, but I can generally find what I'm looking for without getting frostbite.

We have an upright freezer in the pantry/storage area just off the kitchen. I love my freezer! It is packed with homemade breads, stews, soups, and vegetables from our garden. If there is something freezable on sale at the grocery, we get it and put it in two person serving containers. I also freeze herbs, stock, and pecans. The freezer portion of the refrigerator is for the big freezer overflow.
Did I mention I love my freezer? The organization is not the best, but I can generally find what I'm looking for without getting frostbite.

My sister has an upright in her laundry room. She fills it with Weight Watchers and Lean Cuisine frozen meals. I had one in the laundry room in my first house. That was nice.

I'm thinking of getting another upright, but it will have to go in the garage. I have a huge live oak shading my garage (detached), so that helps keep the garage considerably less hot than it would be without the tree. But, still not an ideal place for a freezer in Texas.

CD

My pet peeve if I let the freezer get overloaded or poorly stacked is that I will pull one thing out, and six other things will tumble out onto the floor. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

CD
Yeah, I've learned to stand to one side of the fridge when I open my freezer so I don't get a broken foot from frozen chicken breasts.

Here's one for you guys.

I was reading about a salesman trying to sell an older couple a "smart" refrigerator. He was telling them that if they accidentally left the door open, the fridge would send a notification to their phone to let them know. At which point the old man asked, "If the fridge is that smart, why can't it shut its own damn door?"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom