Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
I just started....GRANNY DAN by Danielle Steel
PARADISE by Toni Morrison
and THE READER by Bernhard Schlink

Just finished Danielle Steel's Ransom

In the middle of Dance With Me by Luanne Rice

Will be reading Frankenstein by Dean Koontz next

wasabi said:
Just finished Danielle Steel's Ransom

In the middle of Dance With Me by Luanne Rice

Will be reading Frankenstein by Dean Koontz next

Sounds like a good list.

nicole said:
I usually don't read books. Can never finish them :cry:

I always read three or four at a time. I have
them all over the place... they are my "drug" of choice. :D

I just finished the Sugar Cookie Mystery which was half recipes...YUM.

Now I am into Claire and Present Danger, it is cute so far.

Um,
A Discuss Cooking Thread........

I'm a male, I am only capable of doing one thing at a time........

Last thing I read - 2 hours ago was a tech manual. Don't have the time to read novels these days, general generally technical stuff.

All other time is spent hiding from MDW so she can't give me a job. :)

i'm reading 'what i learned in medical school'; 'the secret life of bees'; 'kitchen confidential'; i'm re-reading 'a cook's tour' and i think that's it. oh, and i'm reading a book about WWII... i can't think of the name right now.
i like to read a bunch of books at once depending on what seems interesting at the moment.

2.gif
Im reading Maxuim..... now quit banging on the door. Cant a guy read?? :LOL: :LOL:

sush, let me hear you clapping with both hands!!!!!!! that way i know you are properly busy.
and you'd better not come out with a bright red forehead!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

The journals of William Clark and Meriwether Lewis as they explored the country that Mr. Jefferson bought from Napoleon. It's the 200th anniversary of their trip you know.

Not by choice, but I'm reading Business, Government, and Society, A Managerial Perspective (10th Ed).

I'd rather be reading Radical Brewing... :(

John

I finished Girls in Trouble by Caroline Leavitt about a week ago and it was so good I didn't want to start anything else right away so I caught up on magazines. I went to the library last night and grabbed and arm load. I'll start What Looks Like Crazy by Pearl Cleager today.

mudbug said:
The journals of William Clark and Meriwether Lewis as they explored the country that Mr. Jefferson bought from Napoleon. It's the 200th anniversary of their trip you know.

Ahhhh, the Corps of Discovery, huh? It was an amazing and inspiring journey. I grew up not far from the grave of Sergeant Floyd (the only death along this epic journey) and the explorers were infused in the local culture... but I never truly appreciated what they did until I watched the Ken Burns documentary on PBS last year.... it was beautifully filmed and put the scope of the journey into perspective. It was narrated by Hal Holbrook and included exerpts from the journals. I would recommend the video/DVD to anyone and think it should be required viewing in schools.

luvs_food said:
i'm reading 'what i learned in medical school'; 'the secret life of bees'; 'kitchen confidential'; i'm re-reading 'a cook's tour' and i think that's it. oh, and i'm reading a book about WWII... i can't think of the name right now.
i like to read a bunch of books at once depending on what seems interesting at the moment.

Me too. I have books in almost every room of the house and two in the car. Just incase I don't feel like reading the one in my hand. I don't think I've ever just read one book at a time. Unless, I sit down and read one cover to cover. :D

mudbug said:

We just checked out a diary of Lewis and Clark. I haven't started reading
it yet though. I think I'll take it on vacation with us.

The Z said:
mudbug said:

Ahhhh, the Corps of Discovery, huh? It was an amazing and inspiring journey. I grew up not far from the grave of Sergeant Floyd (the only death along this epic journey) and the explorers were infused in the local culture... but I never truly appreciated what they did until I watched the Ken Burns documentary on PBS last year.... it was beautifully filmed and put the scope of the journey into perspective. It was narrated by Hal Holbrook and included exerpts from the journals. I would recommend the video/DVD to anyone and think it should be required viewing in schools.

Z, another excellent telling of this story is by Stephen Ambrose, entitled Undaunted Courage. I'm not familiar with the Ken Burns film, but I'm a fan of his other work (Civil War, Jazz) - thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom