Kenya

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jikoni

Sous Chef
Hi Everyone just a quick goodbye, I am off to Kenya with my family for a month. We plan on having fun with family and friends at the coast, upcountry, on safari and in Nairobi.Have a good summer, I will peek in from time to time.Ciao.:)

Have a safe and fun trip Jikoni. We want to see lots of pics. :)

Wow Hya, I am so happy for you!! It must be so exciting to go home and see your family, and in return your family will be delighted to see Nico and Simo!! Have tons of fun, can't wait to hear all your stories when you are back...Bon Voyage!!:)

Merci a tous!We have already checked in, so I am happy and relaxed.Our flight is very early tomorrow(Wednesday) morning.I just sent my mum a message to start preparing my favorite vegetables. I have no idea how to describe it, but it's bitter to begin with, and it's cooked a week in advanced then everyday, it's heated up and milk poured into it. My husband can't stand it!He says it stinks, well, it's just an aroma one gets used to:ROFLMAO:

Enjoy your visit with your family. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you return.

kadesma:)

Greetings

Hi all, Greetings from the shores of the Lake Victoria. Enjoying eating lots of fresh water fish and my mum's cooking for a few days before we head back into Nairobi.

Wow, I am so happy for you that you are finally there, and having a great time!! Enjoy yourself all you can!!

Hey

Just joined the forum and learned that you are from kenya, me too how is your holiday? hope you are enjoying yourself very well. Iam missing kenya so much its three years since i left. Enjoy the food since we do miss those stuffs very much here humm! the mangoes, miwa, don't miss that! and don't forget to bring back lots of roiko and pilau masala!
have a nice holiday and hit my box as soon as you are back!

Hi Jikoni, it will be great to have your input.

Haven't personally seen anyone else on the board from Africa.

It would be fun for you to tell us all what people eat in your country.

All the best,
Alex R.

nyam chom'

Hello, mambo poa kabisa, you make me salivate when takin' bout nyam chom' girl! i really miss that. Iam in southern France, AIX EN PROVENCE. We shall talk more on that. Where in masai mara will you be staying, oh i love, Fig tree that's my favourite everytime we come we go there, nice, and good food.For nyam chom i have lived in nai, and been to so many places for choma, but depends if you like kenyatta market, they have nice joints, in westlands too. Talking about mombasa ooh! nostalgia, we lived there for 4 YRS in nyali, my son was born there, do you go to water sports? and pirates hata usiseme, i want to fly back. I know mtwapa very well and have friends there. While in msa there is a nice mexican restaurant along nyali road, karibu na dhow restaurant! a really nice place to dine! i love also an indian restaurant opposite nature trail, delicious, tasty food......let me stop ama i will go mad! wish you a nice stay, hi to your family the french say...(il faut en profiter à fond!)
ABIENTOT

Hi everyone, I am back!After over a month away, I still didn't get enough of Kenya. Yet strangely, I am happy to be back to 'reality'. Mombasa, We stayed at Fig Tree in the Mara, it was awesome, we love it. At the coast, we stayed in a friend's private house in Vipingo! the cook was brilliant.Will post some recipes. We had fresh seafood brought in by the fishermen every day. Crab, Squid, Lobsters, Octopus, White snapper and on one morning, a baby shark that we turned down. Went to 'Pirates ' one night, great beach bar even though my favorite is '40 thieves' the Nakumat in Nyali is good, helps a lot so one doesn't have to go into town. I hope everyone had a great summer or winter depending of where everyone is. :)

Back
Top Bottom