Kitchen Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The kitchen is pretty great Fryboy...my only problem with it is that there is NO work space by the cook top. I have to do all the prep work some place else and then carry it over to the stove. (lazy lazy me) lol...

pdswife said:
The kitchen is pretty great Fryboy...my only problem with it is that there is NO work space by the cook top. I have to do all the prep work some place else and then carry it over to the stove. (lazy lazy me) lol...
I have a bit more workspace near the cooktop than you do, but not much. I guess that's the dirty little secret of kitchen islands. You do have good counter space directly behind the cooktop, whereas I have the sink to my back -- but I guess that has advantages, too. Whine whine whine!

Also, as I've said before, I hate not having a range hood -- the down draft thing is only marginal. If I ever redo the kitchen that's one major change I'll make.

FryBoy, your kitchen looks like one of those displays in an upscale appliance store. Beautiful!

kitchen I don't want:
4556qfl.jpg

Alix said:
You might be interested in this thread. I know my kitchen pix are in there somewhere as are many other members.

Love your cabinets by the way.
Thanks for the link, Alix. I should have realized that this topic would have been discussed before.

I like seeing other's kitchens, especially the ones with a lot of personal touches, such as photos and notes and kids' drawings on the refrigerator.

Thanks also for the nice comments. It is nice to have a lot of cabinets and counter space, something lacking from our old house. It's obvious that this kitchen was designed by someone who doesn't cook -- it doesn't have a real pantry! We've put in pull-out shelves in the cabinets under the island and in the downstairs linen closet and use those for food storage.

BTW, those pull-out shelves are pretty neat -- there's a national company that franchises the installations: http://www.shelvestodrawers.com/

Thanks! My original kitchen didn't have a pantry either and my countertops were tile. (Just imagine me swearing and scrubbing with a toothbrush and bleach everyday!) I have to say that I am so happy with this new incarnation I take every chance I get to show it off.

So, all those of you who haven't already done so, we would love to see your kitchen pix. Thanks Fry Boy for getting this going again.

You guys have such nice kitchens...
My house is huge, but for some reason my kitchen is small....

Back
Top Bottom