"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 07-15-2005, 02:03 AM   #21
Master Chef
About 7 years ago I bought a travel trailer, brand new. I think every single surface you could possibly touch or see had a warning label on it. They ranged from "caution, glass when breaks can cut" to "caution, gas flames on stove can burn" to "Caution, if you do not remove this plastic wrapper your fridge won't work," and "Caution, this plastic wrapper will smother you if you put it over your face." IT was absolutely insane. Honestly, I'm only paraphrasing, not exaggerating. Every mirror and window had a warning lable on it. The "escape" window had a warning on it. THe carpet and upholstery had warnings on it. Everything had a warning on it. We laughed it off, but it tells you how sue-happy our society is that they need to warn you that if your mirror breaks as you're driving across rough terrain, when you get in the trailer, you might get cut. Oh, Heck, THink So?

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:18 AM   #22
Traveling Welcome Wagon
Maybe they should put warning labels on the warning labels. The paper ones could give you a paper cut if you try to peel them off, and the cloth ones could affect your breathing if you stuff them up your nose.

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:52 AM   #23
Hospitality Queen
Originally Posted by Barbara L
and the cloth ones could affect your breathing if you stuff them up your nose.
Come visit my foodie blog: www.SockmonkeysKitchen.com
This week's topic: Pinterest and Potatoes
jkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:56 AM   #24
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to nytxn Send a message via MSN to nytxn
I think life needs a warning label that says "caution: you could die at any moment while doing anything (including nothing at all) in any place on earth or anywhere else you may be in the Universe or beyond"

God bless ya REAL Good!

aka: nytxn
nytxn is offline   Reply With Quote