Mavs vs. Heat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is anyone here going to be watching the NBA finals starting tomorrow? I'm in Dallas so of course I gotta cheer for the Mavs but who do you guys think will win and why? I haven't watched the Heat play before so I'm anxious to see how the Mavs play against them.

Are you nuts?? Of course I'm watching! GO MAV'S!!!!!!!
It's going to be a cussing, groaning, close your eyes and lots of cheering kind of series!! The Heat is pretty good. We just have to watch Dewayne Wade and Shaq. If we can cover them and play fast like I know all of them can, we can win it. I think it will be Mav's in the 6th, but, it may come down to game 7. It's going to be very interesting!! It's the first time that The Heat has gone also.

HECK YEAH!!! Been waiting for this day for a long time!!!!!! We just got back from San Antonio last weekend and I had to sport some of my Mav gear.... boy did I get some looks! We were at Rosario's in SA when the Mavs won Western Coference and I went bezerk!!! (Thank God they were showing the game!!!) This is gonna be a great series!

It should be a really good series. Frankly, I don't care how it goes one way or another, since my Timber-pups haven't ever been there. I'd like to see Dallas win, but at the same time I'd like to see if Pat Riley still has what it takes to make a championship team. He got 'em there, now to win it.

I'd also like to see Shaq win one (or more) as an Eastern Conference team. That would show that his dominance is a key factor in winning!

As much as I like Dirk since he helped me win my Fantasy Basketball league....

Attachments

• kobe.jpg
    kobe.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 245
sattie said:
HECK YEAH!!! Been waiting for this day for a long time!!!!!! We just got back from San Antonio last weekend and I had to sport some of my Mav gear.... boy did I get some looks! We were at Rosario's in SA when the Mavs won Western Coference and I went bezerk!!! (Thank God they were showing the game!!!) This is gonna be a great series!

My boyfriend and I also went to San Antonio almost a month ago and while we were walking on the riverwalk we saw nothing but Spurs stuff everywhere we went. We had to make sure we didn't show our Mavs pride too much but we won that night and couldn't help but get excited in front of some friends we were staying with down there. Go Mavs!

Sugar N' Spice said:
My boyfriend and I also went to San Antonio almost a month ago and while we were walking on the riverwalk we saw nothing but Spurs stuff everywhere we went. We had to make sure we didn't show our Mavs pride too much but we won that night and couldn't help but get excited in front of some friends we were staying with down there. Go Mavs!

LOL!! I was a bit cautious too! I was afraid that there might be some bad feelings and someone would shove me into the river at the river walk. But I did see other folks wearing Mavs stuff! Some of the folks I talked to I told them at least we are representing the same state! If the Mavs had not of made it and the Spurs did, I would be rooting them on!!!

I agree, I'm just excited that a Texas team is making it into the finals. I can't wait for next season to start so I can actually afford the tickets to watch the Mavs play.

Sugar N' Spice said:
I agree, I'm just excited that a Texas team is making it into the finals. I can't wait for next season to start so I can actually afford the tickets to watch the Mavs play.

Those tickets are getting pretty pricey!!! The last game we went to was compliments of Poker Stars after placing in a tourney and won Mavs tickets. We don't go as much as we use to because they are so pricey. But it is fun, tons of energy in that place!

When I was following the NBA it was amidst the height of Michael Jordan generation and I used to be ooohed and aaahed at all the wonders he was pumping out... the sport just doesn't look the same without him...:neutral: he was just the real one and only!!

Dewayne Wade said that Jordan is the reason that he is playing. He watched him when he was little and went out and starting shooting hoops in his driveway. You might want to watch him, he's really good! It's him and Jason Williams that the Mav's are having to get around.

That was a great game last night! I must say, Wade is pretty good but I was surprised to see how bad Shaq was at getting those foul shots. Terry did an awesome job though. The finals are gonna be great to watch!

Yeah, TG... I just checked out some of his photos and some of them are indeed a bit reminiscent of Mr. Air Jordan...:)

I may have a look at some of the finals, I think it is telecasted also here... it's been a long time since I have seen a NBA game!

Sugar N' Spice said:
That was a great game last night! I must say, Wade is pretty good but I was surprised to see how bad Shaq was at getting those foul shots. Terry did an awesome job though. The finals are gonna be great to watch!

OMG... like I said I haven't been around the NBA scene for some years, but Shaquille Oneal still have THAT problem!!?? Okay, so that opening scene of the Scary Movie 4 was not really an exaggeration:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Shaq has always been and still is VERY BAD at the foul shots! He is very aware of the jokes about him too. But, he can dunk them like crazy.

Back
Top Bottom