Movies you're embarrassed to admit you like

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flourgirl said:
Ok, so I don't feel so bad now, I love Vegas Vacation and the (dam) tour too! And don't get me started about Airplane...

I can't say I'm embarrased, but does anyone remember Ice Pirates?

And yeah - as far as day killers go..
Blues Brothers
Fletch
The Vacation movies
Office Space
Airplane
The Godfather movies
And a whole lot more that I can't think of right away...

John

OK, so why haven't I seen you folks answering the Famous Movie lines quotes? These are all classics in my humble opinion.

Kitchenelf, I was ROFLMAO when I read your contribution. I could probably have predicted every last one of those, cuz I love 'em all too.

I don't think I'm embarrassed to admit I love any movies. I think KEN is embarrassed at some of my movie choices, but hey, I'm OK with that.

Allow me to add,

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Kingpin (yes I know it was really really bad, but I still laugh about "What? I got a boog hangin?")

I'll say my two favs are "Interview with a Vampire" and "Labryrinth" - Guess my age shows on the last one - still a Bowie fan -

Remember, this thread is about movies you are embarrassed to admit you watch and like!! I think that is getting lost somewhere! lol

I'm also a Mrs. Doubtfire fan :blush:

Can't really list any movies that I'm embarassed to watch because I like them.........I'm a huge movie fan (especially the old black-n-white screwball comedies!!). Now can I list all the movies I am embarrassed that my hubby will watch?!!!!!! I don't think I have the time or energy to do that as the list is soooooooo long!!!! Put it this way.... they are ones that I did not like and would not ever watch!!!!

Alix said:
I don't think I'm embarrassed to admit I love any movies. I think KEN is embarrassed at some of my movie choices, but hey, I'm OK with that.
I'm the same way--I'm not embarrassed to admit I love any movies either, but I did list the ones I figure some people might question my loving! I guess I shouldn't mention that someone we all know and love loves certain movies and has even shed a tear or two, but I will leave that for him to mention! Did I mention that I cried like a baby when I watched "Brother Bear?"

:) Barbara

I can watch Dirty Dancing and Grease over and over, but not in front of my family. They make fun of me all through the movies. It is embarrassing, but they're fun and I know all the songs.

LOL, prob the movie "Can't Hardly Wait." with Jennifer Love Hewitt. So childish, but I love it !

Also how could anyone be embarrassed about Christmas vacation ?! I love it and am **** proud !

When my grandchildren come over they always want to watch SpongeBob. I must have 10 different DVD's. I hate to admit it but I join right in. :blush:

JoAnn L. said:
When my grandchildren come over they always want to watch SpongeBob. I must have 10 different DVD's. I hate to admit it but I join right in. :blush:

OOOOOOOOOH who lives in a pineapple under the sea?? Sing with me people!

JoAnn, I LOVE Spongebob too.

James is busy at the moment but he said I can add his to the list. He is a sucker for Titanic, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon, Top Gun, Mannequin, Pretty Woman, Scent of a Woman, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, and It's a Wonderful Life. I think he has watched Pearl Harbor and Armageddon at least 10 times each since we got married (3 1/2 years ago) and Titanic a few times. He really feels for the people (especially the ones who commit selfless acts to save others) and cries when he watches them. Of course I love these movies too. We watch half hoping (but knowing it won't happen!) that they will end differently each time! :LOL:

Last edited:
Barbara L said:
James is busy at the moment but he said I can add his to the list. He is a sucker for Titanic, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon, Top Gun, Mannequin, Pretty Woman, Scent of a Woman, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, and It's a Wonderful Life. I think he has watched Pearl Harbor and Armageddon at least 10 times each since we got married (3 1/2 years ago) and Titanic a few times. He really feels for the people (especially the ones who commit selfless acts to save others) and cries when he watches them. Of course I love these movies too. We watch half hoping (but knowing it won't happen!) that they will end differently each time! :LOL:

James/Barb, Scent of a Woman is not at all an embarrassing film, at least for me... I thought it was a wonderful film!! One of my favourite Al Pacino film, and the boy (his name escapes me right now) stood on his ground quite well with one of the greatest actors today.

I also remembered a few on my account...Twins and Kindergarten Cop. People seem to think Arnie is too lame an actor to do comedies, but IMO he did surprisingly well playing a goofball and he seemed to be having a blast doing so.

I remembered two more...

Has anyone brought up "Spies Like Us" or "Deal of the Century" yet?

John

Back
Top Bottom