Mudbug's Hot Tub for Refined Ladies Who are Kind to Animals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oooooooooh! I'll take both. Put them in this CD changer. It'll also hold 10 more. Letsee.........I wasn't planning on bugging the boys, but since you came up with such a fun idea...............how about Enya? And maybe this ABBA CD too. hee hee.
(singing)*Dancing Queen...................*

SLIPPING INTO THE TUB. Hi Ladies! Nice to be here with you all. Alright! I have to brag! I'm FINALLY being pampered. Took kids to Walbangers burgers, met hubby there and shared some beers (stress relievers), hubby bathed our little one and is working on homework with our other son, daughter and her friend are doing dishes and me, sitting on the couch watching a movie. Life is good sometimes and they are true blessings. Ahhhhh! This warm water feels great.

bethzaring said:
ohhhhhhhhhhhh, sattie, can I get a message when I get back??? I am about to blast off for three days of poking around dusty ole libraries and will surely enjoy a massage then. Yes, there certainly is room for you. Have fun and see yall when I get back!!!

Absolutely, would be glad too!!!!

let's see, more music.........Anita Baker, Nora Jones, Diana Krall, Eva Cassidy (notice a trend here?)

I'll save the Michael Bolton Greatest Hits CD for when the boys try to crash the party.

I don't care what anyone plays since i'll have my earplugs on. It's been a whole week of Mondays and I am going to be gracious sometime next week.

Don't worry, I've arranged for catering and a mobile bar. My goal is just to reach my hand out and have one of the staff hand me exactly what I want.

Please someone....I need a puppy to cuddle with. :(

oooh yes, Tina! OK, more...

Rita Coolidge, Joni Mitchell, Aretha of course, Annie Lennox, Bonnie Raitt (we're trending into the louder girls....),

Great music, ladies!
Mind if I get extra loud? I need to get my Friday mojo going. I brought Pat Benatar.

Half Baked said:
Please someone....I need a puppy to cuddle with. :(
Here ya go, dearie:
golden-retriever-puppy.jpg

Hit me with your best shot. OK, a little louder then..... Gretchen Wilson, Janis Joplin, Chrissie Hynde, Bette Midler

(cute puppy, jkath, but we may need to cover his ears if these girls holler any louder)

Cover his ears? Heck no - can't you hear him howling along to Bette?
I think he likes it!

Hey - wanna play some show tunes too? I think that'll keep the boys away all weekend!

I love the pup, thanks Jkath...and the music is perfect. Aww the baby dog is asleep.

How 'bout some 42nd Street:

In the heart of little old New York,
You'll find a thoroughfare.
It's the part of little old New York
That runs into Times Square.
A crazy quilt that "Wall Street Jack" built,
If you've got a little time to spare,
I want to take you there.

Come and meet those dancing feet,
On the avenue I'm taking you to...

Come and meet those dancing feet,
On the avenue I'm taking you to,
Forty-Second Street.
Hear the beat of dancing feet,
It's the song I love the melody of,
Forty-Second Street.

Little "nifties" from the Fifties,
Innocent and sweet;
Sexy ladies from the Eighties,
Who are indiscreet.

They're side by side, they're glorified
Where the underworld can meet the elite,
Forty-Second Street.

Okay, it's officially Friday night - (6pm here)
Fill your glasses and have some fun!

"I got chills....They're multiplyin'.
And I'm looooooooooosin' control.
'Cause the power you're supplyin'....it's electrifyin'!

Better shape up...
Cuz I need a man,
Who can keep me satisfiiiiiied
Better shape up...

Wine anyone? Got some lovely merlot going on here.

"you're the one that I want.
ooooh, oooooh ooooooh, honey."

I know I'm allergic to most wines, but dh got me a bottle of one of the only ones I can drink so I'm having it over ice..........yum!
*clinking glasses with Alix*

Yep, you're right. Your music would certainly drive me far away. But I don't care. Last night I had the opportunity of a life time, at least for me. My eldest daughter and her husband purchased a combination birthday present for my wife and I, tickets for the double-billed live concert of "The Guess Who", and "Grand Funk Railroad". Now you have to understand, that though these bands were very big back in the late 60's and early 70's, they were exceptional at what they did. My wife loved the first show by the Guess Who, while I've been a Grand Funk fan for most of my life. The Grand Funk Railroad was originally comprised of Mark Farner - lead guitarist and primary singer, Mel Schaffer - legendary drummer and singer, and Don Brewer - aka Doctor of Thunder bass guitarist. These three men had incredible energy in their heyday. Mark Farner has been replaced and the new lead singer has all of the energy and a set of pipes like a 20 year-old Mark Farner. Mel Schaffer did a 10 minute drum solo that was every bit as incredible as the live drum solo he did in Detroit at a live concert back in 1969. I was completely blown away. Add to that a competant keyboard artist and a new lead guitarist that played such amazing rock, faithful in every way, if not better than Farner's original work. At some points in the show, it brought tears to my eye.

Think of legendary songs like "I'm Your Captain (Closer to Home)", "Foot Stompin' Music", and the classic "Inside Looking Out". If you never heard Grand Funk concerts, or owned any of their albums, this won't mean anything to you. But if you have shared in that incredible energy born of men who could litteraly blow the windows out of Detroit's Cobal Hall, then you know how amazing the night was for me.

Gotta tell ya, the only band who could hope to affect me as much might be Emerson, Lake, & Palmer, again because they were the absolute best at what they did.

I love most types of music. And great composition coupled with true artistry, whether its Grand Funk Railroad, ELP, or Bach (Toccata Fugue in D-minor anyone?) leaves me speechless. And last night, I was overwhelmed.

Like I said, keep your hot tub. I need more excitement than that. I am a man of great passion, and require the perfection of a ripe tomato from my garden, or the screaming guitar of a great rock band, or the amazing creation of sound by a full orchestra. Give me a raging dirt bike screaming up a hill to steep to climb and I'll climb it. Give me the adrenaline rush encountered when missing a turn and heading into the thick woods at 40 mph plus, with only lightning reflexes and some luck to avoid slamming into 2 foot wide maples and elms. Or give me a piano fugue sone so skillfully and with such fineese as to take my breath away. That's living. And I'm going to live until I die.

So right here and right now, I'm saying to my Daughter and her husband, thank you for a grand evening, even though you will never read this thread.

And yes, I called and thanked her, and thanked her again.

You ladies in the hot tub, get out of that water, get dressed, and get together with the person who means most to you, and do something in real life, right now, something that will light your heart afire with excitement, something where you can touch or feel greatness. Do something spontaneous that will drive life into you with such force that it will burn into your memory for the rest of your life. Let the rush of adrenaline fill your senses with a quickening, so that every nerve of your body becomes super sensitive to all the world has to offer. And then, best of all, let that energy express itself in love with that partner you hold dearest.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
jkath said:
*clinking glasses with Alix*

Whoops! sorry about leaving you hanging there. I was watching Antonio Banderas "get his flirt on" in Take the Lead. Yowza. I'd love to dance like that.

I haven't seen that....suppose I ought to netflix it?
I saw an absolutely mindless, plotless movie tonight. ugh! I want my 2 hours back!

Hey! Who turned off the CD player?

Back
Top Bottom