"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #371
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
Ahem.

Katie and I have consulted. Alix and Jan, please stop cleaning. We have help for that. We are going to "decorate" the lake site.

Doilies are going down on all the tree stumps they park their rageddy behinds on.

Oh, mud, beautiful job. I'm so excited!!! I just ordered the perfect 10-man tent for the guys. They're going to LOVE it. It's the latest Barbie one and is the most fabulous shade of pink. It comes complete with pretty sleeping bags and everything. The advertisement said it was an "EZ Set-Up" tent, so that means even the most Neanderthal of them can put it up. Isn't that great?

Oh, hi, Anne! Glad to have you join us. Please excuse the little mess. We had an incident here the other night with some of the guys. We'll be back to normal real soon. But do enjoy your mai tai. I think I see Pepe bringing it now.

Old 10-08-2006, 03:29 PM   #372
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh, Kathie, how thoughtful to provide shelter for them. Let's also give them some Ken dolls.

Old 10-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #373
DC's Angel

Watch it, muddie. Between the Ken dolls and the fiddling with karma you're treading on thin ice. You don't want to know why they call me "Tidal Wave" do you?
Buck
Old 10-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #374
Chef Extraordinaire

Bring it on, baby. I've got my floaties on.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:20 PM   #375
DC's Angel

Okay, but I'm bringing my friend, Sue Nommy. (shhhh - Katie doesn't know about her yet).
Buck
Old 10-08-2006, 06:22 PM   #376
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Hi, mudbug. Thought I'd come back. I could use some warm water. Looks like Anne had to leave. Boy, the place looks a lot better.

Tidal Wave, huh? I don't think Buck is going to be a bother any time soon. Look at those guys. They're really struggling to put that Barbie tent up. I think they're all going to be busy for quite a while. Geez guys. Read the directions. Why is it guys never ask directions?

Ah, this water really feels good. What has the chef prepared for us tonight? Has Andre prepared our drinks yet? I'm a little thirsty. I think I'd like a Galliano stinger.

Your floaties are darling!!!
Old 10-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #377
Chef Extraordinaire

Buck, darlin' - you are mistaken. I am positive that Ms. Katie knows every little thing. It's only cuz you guys are so sweet in so many other ways that we tolerate your cute little attempts at distraction.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:56 PM   #378
Master Chef

Guys; I know we wanted to mess with the girls, but we shouldn't have left the place a mess. I was always taught to leave a place in better condition than how I found it. Wadaya say we treat them to some good cookin'? I know we all have skills, let's make 'em sonething special. I'll ask my wife what she thinks we could do to make up for that mess, within reason of course. Did you see that tent they sent over? Gotta hand it to them. They do get creative sometimes. And RonJon, your little skit about having problems puting it up was priceless. You could have fooled me with that one.

They never even saw the cabin. Great camoflage work guys. Good job.

Now for the food planning; I'm thinking shrimp concktail for starters, followed by chicken fajitas with sliced avacado wedges. Help me figure else what we should bring to the party.

Who's gonna tackle desert?

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:22 AM   #379
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North
They never even saw the cabin. Great camoflage work guys. Good job.

Now for the food planning; I'm thinking shrimp concktail for starters, followed by chicken fajitas with sliced avacado wedges. Help me figure else what we should bring to the party.

Who's gonna tackle desert?

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

And, ya, like we never saw the cabin. Sorry buttercup. One of my sons was a marine and he taught me well. Nice try.

Shrimp cocktail, CHICKEN anything? Oh, please. In the words of Clara Peller, where's the beef?! You're going to have to do better than that. Seafood, yes. But not something so mundane as shrimp. Start talking lobster and we might have a discussion.

Adequate first effort. You guys can do better. Hmmmm!
Old 10-10-2006, 05:06 PM   #380
Everymom

Hey ladies. *dragging herself up to the hottub* I tell you I ache in places I never knew I had. Who knew coughing could be so painful? *hack hack!*

You know mudbug, I like the looks of this place, new security (very nice indeed!!), new chef, new servers. Looks good around here. That chef looks rather familiar though. I wonder if he makes a nice cheesecake????

Did I tell you what I did to the boys as payback for the mess here? I licked all their utensils. Did I mention how sick I've been? I also licked every bottle, can and opener I could find. I saw someone over there prepping dinner a while ago so I know SOMEONE is going to have some germs. THAT will teach them to trash our place.

Oh Mr Chef? Could I have some raspberry topping for my cheesecake please? *Goodweed, that a fake mustache you're wearing?*