"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-26-2007, 01:56 PM   #61
Executive Chef

True

I am truly grateful you will have her for a little while. Wonderful you let us know about her. She knows you are worried and I am sure she doesn't want to leave either. I just love it when people are so caring for their animals. They are so worth it.

Please keep us informed. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. I am happy to read your message. So often the dog w/diabetes gave me cause to worry. She is still around, so I think she must like it here. She is so smart. I can just think about her and she comes near my feet. Kind of strange that she reads my mind like that. God gave them the gift. When you can't speak you have mental telepathy. Think that is true? Most all my dogs have done this in the past. Hope Kaysee can hear my mental telepathy!

Old 02-26-2007, 02:44 PM   #62
Head Chef

I hope your dog pulls through. My dad's dog was on death's door last winter (he is very old, he is blind, his kidneys were failing). My dad was taking him into the vet every other day for kidney dialysis and suddenly one day, he just got better. His kidneys were working again. He is still old and blind but he not on death's door anymore.

I will keep you and your dog in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #63
Executive Chef

Toots

Your story is so uplifting. Knowing your dad has his dog is so great. That dog knows your dad didn't want him to leave yet and so he evidently had a strong spirit to sick around. I just love animals. Most of all dogs. Thanks for sharing this story. Gives all of us hope. May your dad's dog be around for many years so your dad always has company.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:39 PM   #64
Senior Cook

I am so sorry, I have several dogs and cats and I love them just like they were family members. I almost cried when I read your post because I know how hard it is to lose a dog. You are going to be in for a rough time in the near future. Thank you for posting about the chew toys and bones. God bless.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:27 PM   #65
Master Chef

Again, I thank all of you for your support. It turns out that the blockage was still there. She just kept the food in his stomach longer. She continued to get weaker by the hour. I called the vet to see if I could get her in during my lunch hour. He said to wait until 2:15. I picked up the dog and my wife. It was the first time ever that Kaysee wasn't standing at the door with her tail wagging. Even last night she had strength enough to show joyous expectation. But today, she just had nothing left. It's a seven minute drive from our house to the vets. She died on my wife's lap on the way there. I carried her to the car, and then into the vets.

Kaysee is in a great place. She was always a loyal and great dog. We will miss her.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:35 PM   #66
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I am so sorry for your loss Goodweed!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:46 PM   #67
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:59 PM   #68
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
(((Goodweed)))

I don't think I can say anything without sounding banal and useless, but please know that my heart cries with you. She showed her courage and love, and fought until the end trying to stay with you as long as possible. What a girl. Please try not to be too sad... she would want you to remember her with smiles and fuzzy happiness, not with tears.
She will never be a goner in your heart!!
Old 02-26-2007, 06:20 PM   #69
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Goodweed, I'm crying with you. Your situation was soooo much like one Buck and I went through with our dear Justin Digger. That was several years ago and we still miss him but know he is safe and happy. We'll see him another day. Maybe he's playing with Kaysee now.

Virtual hugs to you and your family.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:55 PM   #70
Executive Chef

Goodweed, I'm so sorry. We all had great hopes when Kaysee perked up but it was not meant to be. You and Mrs Goodweed hold each other tight, and remember the good times.