My poor baby is sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
She is just weeks away from her first birthday and is just now getting sick for the first time. I feel horrible because I am the one who gave it to her. I know it is not my fault, but that won't stop me feeling awful. It is just a cold I think, but she has never felt anything like this and is not used to it. She just melted down a short while ago so I called the Dr. even though I knew exactly what she was going to say. Rachel seems to be doing much better right now and is acting like her normal happy self (singing, dancing, laughing, babbling, and just generally being happy and adorable). I just hope she stays this way as long as possible.

It's hard not to feel bad when the babies get sick GB.
Just love her a little extra today and you'll both feel better.
You're a good dad!

smiles and hugs, Trish

You always feel helpless when your child is sick. They can't tell you what they feel and you can't understand them.

Trish has the right idea.

Oh no... Poor Rachel... let's hope she is on the way to her recovery, and don't be too hard on yourself GB... it happens... You are such a wonderful father!! Take good care of yourselves, it is a high influenza season, so keep up the guard!!

Thanks guys. I am giving her lots of fluids (as the doc recommended) and hugging her and kissing her and singing to her, but the singing might be making her feel worse :-p

You are doing a great job with Rachel, GB. I'm sorry she is sick. I hope she will be back to her normal little self soon. Think of it this way--she is building up her immunity. An occasional cold is good for you I think. I read about a study in Germany that showed that people who never catch cold (yes some people have never gotten one) appear to have a higher incidence of cancer. Weird, huh? I kind of see an occasional cold as a way for your body to filter out the gunk and to help you build your immunity up. I'm not a doctor, so I may be way off, but I don't think so. :rolleyes:

Get better soon Rachel!

:) Barbara

GB,
seems to me you're doing just what your little Rachel needs..Poor little Carson had such a cold last week he would lay his head on my shoulder, then pick up his head, whimper and put it back down in a different spot..There is notheing worse than seeing your little angel miserable..There isn't much you can do, but hold them and give them fluids..Give beautiful Rachel a hug from all of us..and one for daddy too..Just be her daddy..Love is really what she needs..:)
kadesma

I'm sending you a big hug, GB! I now know how a parent feels when their baby's sick and can completely relate. As my mom kept telling me when Sofie had her cold a few weeks ago, you probably feel worse than she does! You're very lucky she's been so healthy up until now. I'm sure she'll be bouncing back to her old self in no time. Just remember what an awesome daddy you are! :)

img_215032_0_9b9146313547eb6272ff79995cffc89c.jpg

An Angel to look after Rachel Mae~

Daddy's always make things better, so take care of You too!
My Lil one always enjoyed an extra Bath for fun, on sick days.....oh yea, and extra "goodies" helped too!
Hope you both feel better soon.
img_215032_1_152954686fac4c28efdf3443df22962c.gif

Awww, the first time they are sick is the worst. And all the other times, no matter how old they are, you will still worry. Little one's are so very resiliant. I wish I had the immunity they do. Hope she's better soon, GB!!

I'm sorry to hear Rachel is sick. At least she's building up a strong immune system and I'm sure your glad she hasn't been sick up until now. Rent her a movie and spend the day snuggling on the couch. Read lots of books to her and fix her some warm water with lemon & honey or sugar (Aidan loved this when he was sick. Not sure if you can give her honey yet, but it'll make her throat fell soothed.)

Thank you everyone! We really appreciate all your kind words.

Barbara, that does not sounds crazy at all. I completely agree that being exposed to germs and illness helps build a strong immunity. I was actually a little concerned that she had gone this long without catching anything.

OK here is the update. We had some errands to run and I was hoping a nice car ride would make her fall asleep. As soon as I got her snow suit on she was happy. We went to a few stores and she was in such a good mood. She was singing and talking and flirting with anyone who would even glance in her general direction.

Now that we are home she is a little cranky again, but not too bad. She is a trooper for sure.

Kids are so resilient to minor colds. The outing always helps them get their mind off of feeling sick too. I hope she starts feeling better very soon.

Gb

Can't start giving her chicken soup but you doing the next best thing, Being there. How many little ones are with people they barely know. Babies know when the love is being given. It heals all ills. Even better than the soup. Keep her close and assure her with hugs and kisses that you all will get past this. Love is like a soft blanket. Covers all!

Gb You are a Great Dad, Half Seven Up and Half Water works Kind of Like Pedialite, If a Little Child has a Ear Ache turn on a Vaccum Sweeper it will help calm them down. We will keep you all in our Prayers ! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom