My Snoring Cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loprraine

Executive Chef
My two cats have always slept on their blankies in the hallway. The older one has decided my bed, and especially my beautifull thin, pure wool blanket from Turkey is a great place to sleep. I have no problem with that, except She snores. She wheezes. She grunts. She groans. She stretches. She twirls. She wakes me up.

But, given what I've been reading here lately about people losing their pets, I'll put with it. Bleery eyes and all.:)

My older cat snores and wheezes too and quite loudly. Thankfully when he does it he is usually out on the couch. Either that or I am just too deep of a sleeper to notice when he does it in our bed.

We've never had a cat sleep in the house, but use to have a red doxie who slept with us. He would go in jump up on the bed and curl up. As soon as we settled down and would start to doze off, he would come to the head of the bed, lift the covers with his nose and go to the foot under the covers and settle in. 10 minutes later it would start, snore, grunt, whimper, growl, you could lift the covers to find the dog all four feet in the air head to the side and toungue haning out sound asleep. Poor DH, got many a poke and jab til I realized the real culprit:LOL:

kadesma

kadesma said:
We've never had a cat sleep in the house, but use to have a red doxie who slept with us. He would go in jump up on the bed and curl up. As soon as we settled down and would start to doze off, he would come to the head of the bed, lift the covers with his nose and go to the foot under the covers and settle in. 10 minutes later it would start, snore, grunt, whimper, growl, you could lift the covers to find the dog all four feet in the air head to the side and toungue haning out sound asleep. Poor DH, got many a poke and jab til I realized the real culprit:LOL:

kadesma
Poor kadespa! That's ok, when I fall asleep in my chair I sometimes wake myself up snoring! Funny--in bed I would swear I don't snore, but I have been told by a reliable source that I do. Of course, so does he. LOL

We've had both cats and dogs that snore, but not a lot of them, thank goodness.

:) Barbara

Pook said:
and pass gas.
Loudly.
Now THAT is something our cat Mr. Frodo has down to an art! Only his are the silent, deadly ones. His mom always had bad gas whenever she was pregnant.

:sick: Barbara

Last edited:
Barbara L said:
Poor kadespa! That's ok, when I fall asleep in my chair I sometimes wake myself up snoring! Funny--in bed I would swear I don't snore, but I have been told by a reliable source that I do. Of course, so does he. LOL

We've had both cats and dogs that snore, but not a lot of them, thank goodness.

Barb,
they just tell us we snore, It's really them:LOL:
kadesma:angel:

Why did I think I was the only one with a snoring cat??? :ROFLMAO:

I have five

OMG, how do you stand it???? I inherited a 20 year old siamese (a few years ago, she's gone now) that used to crawl down under the covers to the foot of the bed to sleep. She never made a peep, I used to shake her every morning to make sure she was alive.:)

I am sorry Lorraine about your snoring cats but our animals are our best freinds in the whole wide world. What would we do without them.

Chang doesn't snore, but he steals my covers. He likes to snuggle up real hard into the small of my back, then pull the covers over on top of him.

How cute Constance! I used to have a cat who loved to sleep on top of me. I toss and turn a lot, but Angel was like a log roller and could always stay up on top of me. She loved to lay on my hip or shoulder. She also loved to be covered up when I would leave. I think she felt like no one could see her then. I would throw my robe over her before I would leave. You could see this lump under the robe but she was happy thinking that she was completely hidden!

Back
Top Bottom