Names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was named after my mom's great grandmother and her great uncle and like AndyM, I have my father's last name. lol

Only my middle name. It is the name my grandmother and great-grandmother on both sides had as a first name - Mary.

My daddy's name was John Thomas. I have a brother Kevin John and one Brian Thomas.

My mother's name was Elizabeth Ann. I have a sister June Elizabeth and one Margaret Ann.

My grandfather and his brothers never had a middle name. So one day they all decided to use the same middle name for all of them ( as a joke). Apparently, my parents didnt know this history, and gave me the same middle name as my grandfather, only to learn that it was one big joke. They got laughed at, but kept the name.

I have my mother's and great-grandmother's middle name (me Jean Ann, Mom - Edythe Ann great grandma - Deborah Ann). My oldest son has his dad's middle name. My brother has both grandfathers middle names (David Ellis from Norman David and Delmer Ellis)

I am not so cruel a parent as to want to name my son "Buddy Jr.", LOL. Our kids are all named after great grandparents or great great grandparents from either side.

My first name is the same as my maternal uncle's - same spelling, too. However my father hated his first name and specifically requested it die with him so there will be no more Mertons in my family. :)

One of my sons has hubby's first name and another one has hubby's middle name. Another son has my maiden name as one of his middle names. But mostly, my kids' names are pulled from thin air.

Well my father's name is Ray, and I'm Desiree so you could say I was named after him.
My sister (half) is Jamie and her father was James so she was named after him.

My nephew's first name is derived from his two grandfathers, John and Gordon, making him Jordan and his middle name is the last name of an infamous great great great uncle from the Cariboo Goldrush, John "Cariboo" Cameron.

I am a "Jr." and it really annouys me. It is like my dad wanted a mini-me. I would much prefer to have my own name. We are such fundamentally different people why should I have his name? I appreciate the sentiment but in reality it sucks. I would never do that to my kid. At least in and of itself it is not a stupid name... just boring.... for the record my Mom almost put it down different behind his back. Her 2nd son (from a different husband) got the name she wanted for me. Oddly HE reminds her of MY father... his name is boring too though... not much creativity when you are limited to Catholic Saints.

Back
Top Bottom