Nap time..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elaine l

Head Chef
Just wondering if anyone here takes naps? I do. Every single day. When I get home from work I like to take a nap. I have done this all my life. If someone calls me during my nap it's the same as if they called me in the middle of the night. I have tried to drink coffee or soda but it's doesn't help.

Hope I am not alone!

Sometimes when I'm up at 6:00 AM for my grandson, I nap for 30-45 minutes between his departure and dinner.

i nap around 9:00am if i wake at like 4:30am or 5am. otherwise i'd yawn & yawn.

I love naps and take them often...usually right before my workouts. A 30 minute snooze never hurt anybody!

Last edited:
My wife's middle name is Nap.
She takes one when she gets home.
Might take one before bed too.

Has a cot and pillow in a storeroom at her laboratory, too.

For me, a nap just destroys my Circadian rhythm and I am worthless
the rest of the day, with a few exceptions.

I don't take naps.
Rather, I wake up from slumber to attend to various things throughout the day.
;)

Love em, love em, love em.

From when I was a little kid til now.
I used to say, "I'm gonna make a great old person".
Now I say, "Oh. I am".​

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I can't do naps. Sometimes, when I've really had it, I'll be sitting reading and nod off. But then I feel miserable and grumpy when I wake up, so I try and avoid it!

stassie.. I do the same thing ! I fall asleep reading , and wake up with a stiff neck, and grumpy and feel so groggy the rest of the day.

ooooh, I love naps. Unfortunately, I only get them on weekends, sometimes. But, ooo such sweet bliss!!!

*** YAWN *** Just got up from my nap!!! It was glorious!!!! I dreamed that the workers (folks outside currently tearing up our neighborhood to plant some fiber optics for some wireless carrier) was in my yard diggin holes and they kept offering me brand new furniture to make up for it all.... and that my DH had all my landscaping tore out and replaced with one single shrub! What was up with that?

I love naps and take them often...usually right before my workouts. A 30 minute snooze never hurt anybody!

You won't believe this? My doctor told me today I should be t aking a nap. I told him just because you think I am old. He said if he doesn't get his eight hours he naps when he get home. He said since I get up at 5 and don't get to sleep till 12 isn't enough time to rest. Need 6-8 hours. Also said t hat since I was doing aerobic exercise that I should rest as body needs it when you exert yourself. I always t hought that exercise gives you energy. He said but the body needs proper rest too. I walked out of there shocked. He was dead serious. I just wonder if any other doctor would tell you to sleep. It sure surprised me about the exercise part. So guess I will try to do what I can do and if I don't get the meals done, blame the doctor. wonder what they will tell me when they hear this? They always are the ones who are taking naps.

Thanks for the info sure helps me.

i wish i had the time to nap ...
up at 5 am everyday .. down about 11 or 12 during the week ..
1 or 2 on the weekends ..
4 or 5 hours of sleep is plenty ..

In the kitchen. I agree with the doc. Haven't you seen all the studies, reports, etc. on sleep. Your brain/subconscience needs rest for memory retention, matabolism, and all sorts of other stuff. They say people shorten lifespan without proper sleep.
Driver's reflects aren't as quick. So many things discovered over the years. Even the multi-millionaires swear by "power naps"
Arobics may rejuivenate your blood, and heart rate, but you can't neglect the rest of yourself, without adverse affects.
Be good to yourself, take a nap, or at least read up on it.

I only wake cranky or groggy when an alarm or my own self forces me out of sleep. 1 hour seems to be my best span. Too much and I can't get to sleep that night.

Jill! Wake uppy!
I heard Ben was taking his 'busa out for a ride tonight to look at the lightning!
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
:angel:

Jill! Wake uppy!
I heard Ben was taking his 'busa out for a ride tonight to look at the lightning!
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
:angel:

Oh you couldn't let that one pass by!:mad::-p

Thank goodness the Bucs got rained out tonight. Last night the Yanks stomped on us 10-0 (last I saw). I heard that the NY fans started chanting for the Yankees and the Burghers countered with "Here we go Steelers, here we go!" Isn't that sad? I bet the Pirates needed a nap after that embarrassment! :chris:<--- Mad Pirate

Back
Top Bottom