Neighbors!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Okay! Now I have got new challenge. We have rental property next door to us. Only one in the neighborhood! Happens to be next to us. Someone just moved in during the night had around 20 guys going in and out moving furniture. Today, Saturday we found out they have of all things dirt bikes. What should I expect? There seems to be guy and gal living together in apartment but what about this other traffic? Are they going to be allowed to drive around our property with these dirt bikes? What in the world are they used for? They aren't licensed to be on the street are they? When we first moved here of course people older then we were now everyone moving in younger. I am just wondering what kind of noise I will have to put up with. I am not being judgemental but curious what you guys would think? Probably just getting worried in my old age not riding a dirt bike.

If you all remember I have a princess living across the street who has a husband who lets his wife live a life as if she were single. He does all the housework cooking cleaning etc. In t he meantime, she tries to provoke me. I have told you I am looking for different house. Hope I find one that won't have rental property or am I just being bias?

Last edited:
I'm pretty picky about my neighbors too.
I have rental property next to me also. It has been empty for about 2 years and very quiet up until a month ago. The couple that moved in are 19 and 20. Loud, rude and just no morals. We listen to them scream and fight and cuss all day and ngiht. We are in the process of putting up an 8' picket fence. That will at least keep us from having to look at them anyway.
Dirt bikes are not street legal at all. If there are dirt trails anywhere around you, that is more than likely what they will be using them for. Hopefully you won't have any problems with them.
If your girl across the street is as bad as you say, she will probably love the new neighbors :LOL:

Thanks texas

You're my kind of neighbor. Wish we were neighbors! You like dogs right? Just so t hey don't bother mine is all I ask. You are right on the money. They will probably become friends. I just had to find ou t if I am the only one who felt this way. Feel so strange when you have to come home to find all different apparatus sitting on the lawn. Maybe they will move it in the yard. As long as they don't drive up and down the lawn I will be grateful.

All this time the place next to you is empty and these people wind up living there. Maybe they will be temporary. Don't need tv when you have this kind of action going on.

I just don't want them bothering my dogs cause the dogs really aren't judgemental like i am. They accept anybody. Even though I try to tell them to be careful t hey are so trusting. Watch your babies too.

ITK, I don't know what to say about the dirt bikes... but I have one neighbor who has given me grief for six years. She is finally moving out of state. From the notes she has posted all over the premises, she is giving "herself" a party tomorrow. The Board here has fined her, as she has broken the rules for over a year. Now she wants to make a deal with all the homeowners to accept her offer. There are some people in life, that have no consideration for others and have their own personal agenda. I'll trade you any day for the dirt bikes.

Last edited:
mish

your prayers are answered, mish. I am happy for you. She is moving. Goes to prove you get your way if you can stand it. Like my marriage for 25 years, I am still here. Not as good, but still around. I am hoping they won't be the kind that make noise with them. I have seen them on tv but not around here or at least I can't hear anything only motorcycles occassionally. Because of the couple across the steet I am worried they are starting to gather like bugs. Do I sound paranoid? Sorry to lay this dark cloud on you.

Like Texasgirl said, dirtbikes are not street legal. My ex used to ride them. It is good clean fun (for those who like bikes:-p ) Let them get settled, and see what comes of it. My neighbors like to party on their front porch until all hours (I live in a mobile home park) and makes my walls vibrate!!! Next time, Im calling the sheriff!!!:censored:

mamabear

I am so sorry to hear of your neighbors. I have called the police so often they already know my trouble. They want to resolve it over the phone and I make them come over to see what I am talking about. They have told me repeatedly that to realize what kind of people they are and deal with them. As long as they aren't doing me physical harm I shouldn't complain. Only way I have found to retaliate is to get up and play my music when I get up at 5 in the morning. This sounds horrible but I considerr the source. I can't turn the other cheek after living across the street from them for more than 15 years! You do get nuts like they are. Like having drippin faucet. Isn't this terrible? now you know all my secrets.well, almost

LOL!!! I have a dripping faucet, too!! This family is not only a nuisance, they are alcoholics! I can't count the number of times I have found beer cans in my yard after one of their parties!. We aren't inside city limits, so I guess they feel it is their 'right' to play their music as loud as they want. They do it on their porch, cuz their kids are in bed! I had heard once that the park manager has said if she gets called one more time on them, they are gone!! Maybe I should have. :neutral:

I really sympathize with you who have bad neighbors. All of ours must own their own property and at least 5 acres so they are usually very considerate people, but that wasn't true in the past. We used to have 2 sisters who lived down the road in two houses on one property (their dad bought them the property to get them out of his house). The kids were always in trouble and wanted to play with my kids - which I didn't allow at all. One of the sisters fooled around til she lost everything except the house and I heard she finally went to jail. The other married her best friend's husband and moved out. The property was foreclosed and sold to one person. We've been very thankful that it was finally settled for the best.

Back
Top Bottom