New York, here I come.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
New York, here I come.
Not sure if this is a good place for this thread or not. I will be in NY July 26-Th and 27-th. On 26 I will be in Brooklyn, but really am not sure about the schedule or anything. On the 27-th I would like to have a diner in one of the kosher Asian restaurants in Manhattan. Here is the info about it: http://www.estihana.com/manhattan/.
If anybody is interested in meeting please let me know, so we can agree on times. I suppose place also could be changed as long as it is kosher. :chef:

Moderators, if this isn’t the right forum please move it. Also could you, please, pretty please, keep this thread on the top for few weeks, so people in NY might see it and decide if they are interested in meeting.

New York, here I come.
Not sure if this is a good place for this thread or not. I will be in NY July 26-Th and 27-th. On 26 I will be in Brooklyn, but really am not sure about the schedule or anything. On the 27-th I would like to have a diner in one of the kosher Asian restaurants in Manhattan. Here is the info about it: http://www.estihana.com/manhattan/.
If anybody is interested in meeting please let me know, so we can agree on times. I suppose place also could be changed as long as it is kosher. :chef:

Moderators, if this isn’t the right forum please move it. Also could you, please, pretty please, keep this thread on the top for few weeks, so people in NY might see it and decide if they are interested in meeting.

Sooooo wish I could be there...... Perhaps Chef June could have dinner with you...... Have a blast Charlie, Manhattan is so much fun..... Might I suggest Babbo, fabulous food.... I think you would love it,,, check out their web and make reservations if you like it...............

I would love to meet you for dinner on the 27th, but I need to check my calendar before I can confirm.

Kind of curious where you found that restaurant, though. Granted, I don't usually seek out Kosher restaurants, but I've never heard of that one. The menu looked pretty uninspired. Unless you have a particular reason for choosing it, I'd look elsewhere.

There are some really acclaimed Kosher restaurants here, as you might expect. You might like to check these out:

Probably the most famous, Second Avenue Deli is in a new location (now on 2nd Avenue). I haven't been there in many years.

Solo features the cooking of Chef Eli Kirshtein, who was a prime contender on a recent season of Top Chef.

Le Marais is easily one of the finest meat restaurants in New York, Kosher or not! A lot of people are surprised to find it's Kosher. A great meal in every case.

Tevere is an Italian restaurant in the Roman Jewish tradition that consistently is highly rated for its cuisine.

Those are all good places, the only reason I picked that one was because I love Chinese food and Sushi.
As far as other places go: Solo and Le Marais are fine to go to; I have to check about Tevere, unfortunately the 2-nd Ave deli I cannot eat in there because of kosher issues.

The problem with that place is that it does not look like it's good Chinese OR Sushi. The menu is very meh.

Frankly, I have never eaten in a Kosher Chinese restaurant. All my Kosher friends who eat Chinese eat "regular" chinese.... because the kosher places are so bad. Or, they cook it at home.

I'm going to guess if there is a great Kosher Chinese restaurant, it is NOT in Manhattan.

Hope your midtown Kosher Asian adventure works out better than mine downtown in the Houston Street area. Also hope you get a chance to visit Katz's, do some shopping in Brighton Beach, and explore Williamsburg.

I'm going to guess if there is a great Kosher Chinese restaurant, it is NOT in Manhattan.
Brookline, MA has a very good kosher Chinese restaurant called Taam China. I would stop short of calling it great, but if you are keeping kosher and want to go out for Chinese you will not be unhappy with this place.

Actually as of last year, that is when I went there last, it was pretty decent. As far as kosher food decent. My son, who loves sushi and doesn't keep kosher, thought that sushi was very good too. Really, it doesn't matter, we can go to the places you had mentioned.

GB, do you thnk you can make this sticky for couple of weeks, maybe there is somebody else here who would like to meet up.

Charlie, I stepped down as Administrator about 6 months ago otherwise I would have been happy to help you. Here is a page that will show you who can help you now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom