No kids, how come?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm surprised no one used the "head fake" method.

you undo the velcro and pretend to begin to take off the diaper, then quickly hold it back over the area. i never got showered, and somehow knew when my boy was about to send up the geyser as soon as the diaper was released.

this, of course, doesn't work in the bath. a well placed wetted washcloth works there.

My brother in law at age 51 is still gross......once a gross kid......always a gross kid and he loves warting me, too........all his dogs are gross, too..........but yeah, I'll keep him......

i'm surprised no one used the "head fake" method.

you undo the velcro and pretend to begin to take off the diaper, then quickly hold it back over the area. i never got showered, and somehow knew when my boy was about to send up the geyser as soon as the diaper was released.

this, of course, doesn't work in the bath. a well placed wetted washcloth works there.
That always worked for me........they'd get all excited and then I'd put that diaper right over them and they could firehose away............:LOL:

We didn't buy a tinklecap, I just used that word because it was a great play on words. I could be a lot more vulgar, but there's ladies about!

hey, those new disposable diapers come in handy let me tell you.......quote]

They do! I use them to poultice horses feet when they need it (for any horsey people who don't know, they are ace at drawing out pus in the foot! and the different sizez mean they come in a foot encompassing size but easily banadagable for ponies or shires!) We live i a nuts house, I ould use reusuable on a kid for greeness sake, but these for pus in the foot :ermm:

Unfortunately the question "why aren't you married?" rings in the ears of the single adults in my "culture" (religion--at least in the local area). My religion teaches that marriage is the most important thing you can do here on earth, but a lot of the adults take it too far. They pester poor single people who sincerely want to get married with that question, when it's simply that they can't find someone they would be happy to settle down with. People think they aren't "trying" hard enough. But hey, if they haven't found someone they aren't compatible with, there isn't much they can do about it. Although I think people are starting to realize that and be more sensitive to them.

And as far as that question goes pertaining to people who are living together and not married--I guess I'd ask the same question. Why not get married? (Of course, my religion teaches abstinence before marriage so that would be the main reason for that :)).

I hope I'm not breaking taboo here by mentioning religion. I'm not trying to preach, I just couldn't really answer the question without mentioning it a little. No one here is obligated to live my the rules of my religion. :cool:

My older sister & I get fed up with the questions about why we're not married & having kids. My sister "came out" about 5 or 6 yrs. ago. That went over OK with our family a little at that time but since then, part of us can't get together anymore...a mess. Well anyway, she could do without kids but she'd be willing to be with a partner who's got kids. I'm willing to marry a guy with kids. My sister said that she'd put him through the ringer to make sure he was right for me 'cause if he isn't, she'd forbid me to see him again. LOL I HIGHLY respect her opinion and take a lot of advice from her.

I can't understand why people INSIST we HAVE to get married and HAVE kids. Can't they understand that we are happy being single and enjoy having our dogs as "kids"? Yes, we both want that special somebody in our lives but in the meantime, we can enjoy ourselves. We both spend time with a few of our nieces & nephews. That's enough kids for us every once in awhile. LOL

People think I'm too old-fashioned but I was raised that a person is a virgin until their wedding night. I can't say that I'll always stay that way 'cause a special guy might come along and then we're in bed. So, I can't say it 'won't' or 'can't' happen.

I wonder the same question about people who just live together and not get married. I want a marriage certificate instead of just living together. I've read about people who can't get married 'cause of their financial situation. Some people can't get married 'cause they'll lose benefits or whatever. So, a couple continues to live together. It's harder on the partner if the other dies and wasn't included in the will by accident.

However way I live my life is between God & me, NOT anybody else. If I choose marriage &/or kids, that MY business and NOT anybody else's. I want people to be happy for those of us who aren't married &/or don't have kids. Just remember that when we're invited, PLEASE allow us to bring a friend/partner 'cause it's not always allowed. The invites just says our names and does NOT include bringing a friend, whether same sex or not. That last little bit is a touchy subject in our family...won't say no more on it.

Darlene

hey, those new disposable diapers come in handy let me tell you.......quote]

They do! I use them to poultice horses feet when they need it (for any horsey people who don't know, they are ace at drawing out pus in the foot! and the different sizez mean they come in a foot encompassing size but easily banadagable for ponies or shires!) We live i a nuts house, I ould use reusuable on a kid for greeness sake, but these for pus in the foot :ermm:

Well, after seeing that diaper dry up that puddle why not pus......I believe it:ROFLMAO:

My older sister & I get fed up with the questions about why we're not married & having kids. My sister "came out" about 5 or 6 yrs. ago. That went over OK with our family a little at that time but since then, part of us can't get together anymore...a mess. Well anyway, she could do without kids but she'd be willing to be with a partner who's got kids. I'm willing to marry a guy with kids. My sister said that she'd put him through the ringer to make sure he was right for me 'cause if he isn't, she'd forbid me to see him again. LOL I HIGHLY respect her opinion and take a lot of advice from her.

I can't understand why people INSIST we HAVE to get married and HAVE kids. Can't they understand that we are happy being single and enjoy having our dogs as "kids"? Yes, we both want that special somebody in our lives but in the meantime, we can enjoy ourselves. We both spend time with a few of our nieces & nephews. That's enough kids for us every once in awhile. LOL

People think I'm too old-fashioned but I was raised that a person is a virgin until their wedding night. I can't say that I'll always stay that way 'cause a special guy might come along and then we're in bed. So, I can't say it 'won't' or 'can't' happen.

I wonder the same question about people who just live together and not get married. I want a marriage certificate instead of just living together. I've read about people who can't get married 'cause of their financial situation. Some people can't get married 'cause they'll lose benefits or whatever. So, a couple continues to live together. It's harder on the partner if the other dies and wasn't included in the will by accident.

However way I live my life is between God & me, NOT anybody else. If I choose marriage &/or kids, that MY business and NOT anybody else's. I want people to be happy for those of us who aren't married &/or don't have kids. Just remember that when we're invited, PLEASE allow us to bring a friend/partner 'cause it's not always allowed. The invites just says our names and does NOT include bringing a friend, whether same sex or not. That last little bit is a touchy subject in our family...won't say no more on it.

Darlene

hang in there, Darlene.........sounds like there are a lot of issues going on here......I do care.........ok?...........man, I've been thru fire with my kids.....I know better than anyone to not stand back and judge......learned to go with the flow..........difficult for a control freak but doable.......

how funny, Barbs..........my mother would turn on the bathroom tap to get one of us tired wee ones to pee after being woken up.........worked every time........try it.......
LOL I didn't have trouble getting her to pee--she just did it too soon! I haven't changed her diapers in about 26 years, so she can just pee whenever she wants!

It is a little cover that goes over the boy so that if he does go then it is contained somewhat.
Oh my gosh, this just put a picture in my head of that old Water Wiggle game that they used to sell (Do they still sell it?). I just found this ad for it: YouTube - 70s Wham-O Water Toys Funny Ads. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

:)Barbara

Darlene
Well said. When people ask me a dumb question, like why am I not married, I give them a dumb answer, like my too small house answer. Then comes the question, "who is going to take care of you when you get old?) I don't want to take care of someone else when they get old either. The simple reason that I am not married is that I do not want to be. I'm guessing that that is the simple reason that a lot of people do not have kids.

The best answer for a question/comment you feel is too personal, or rude or anything of that nature (and we all know how many of those there are) is: "Why would you ask such a personal question?" And make sure you look appropriately horrified that they would DARE to ask/comment the way they did. Then just look pitying and walk away shaking your head gently. Worked beautifully for me when someone asked me when I was planning on having a second baby upon meeting our firstborn at 1 week old. (and after knowing about the 40 hour labour followed by the emergency c section.)
Idiot never asked again.

See pic.....Nuff said
yep, this has birth control written all over it........how cute........and they're still alive.......even better..........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: y'all must have a sense of humor, SikPilot........I wished that I had taken pictures of when my son shook an entire bottle of diaper powder all over his room.........he was white....bed was white.............the whole room was white......all you could see was his round eyeballs......he was so proud.........I could have killed him...........oh, well..........life's little laughter.............

by the way......he loves hearing stories about his "escapades"...........do keep pictures, diaries, etc...........he just doesn't believe it ...............we do.......we were there........wished that I had taken a picture of the powder room........

The best answer for a question/comment you feel is too personal, or rude or anything of that nature (and we all know how many of those there are) is: "Why would you ask such a personal question?" And make sure you look appropriately horrified that they would DARE to ask/comment the way they did. Then just look pitying and walk away shaking your head gently. Worked beautifully for me when someone asked me when I was planning on having a second baby upon meeting our firstborn at 1 week old. (and after knowing about the 40 hour labour followed by the emergency c section.)
Idiot never asked again.

yep, you're a graduate of the Ann Lander's school of "why in world would you ask that question" puts the onus back on them......why would they ask......stupid cows.........ok dummy bovines might sound nicer.......jest kidding........

The picture of the kids with paint reminds me of something my sister and I did. If my uncle and aunt hadn't already had two of their three kids, we might have served as birth control for them! When we were toddlers we got up before our mom one morning. When she came into the living room we were sitting in the middle of the floor, with every condiment, I think broken eggs, and whatever else we had found in the refrigerator, all dumped out in a big globby pile! Just as she walked in and saw us, there was a knock at the door. It was my uncle (her oldest brother) and aunt. She hadn't seen them in a couple years! Their showing up when they did probably saved our lives! LOL So the first thing they got to do when visiting his little sister was help clean up a huge mess!

:)Barbara

yep, this has birth control written all over it........how cute........and they're still alive.......even better..........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: y'all must have a sense of humor, SikPilot........I wished that I had taken pictures of when my son shook an entire bottle of diaper powder all over his room.........he was white....bed was white.............the whole room was white......all you could see was his round eyeballs......he was so proud.........I could have killed him...........oh, well..........life's little laughter.............

My FIL told me a story like that about my husband....
Except it was a brand new kitchen floor.....
And and entire can of Comet cleanser. :mrgreen:
Then the man wonders why his daughter would stick legos in her nose.... :rolleyes:

I just wanna know what Abby's obsession with washing things is. To date she has washed two laptop computers, two cell phones, seven barbie dolls, 4 Bratz dolls, a couple of dozen hot wheels cars, and a hamster. These are the things I know about, or at least remember... Oh and she washed my charcoal grill.. what a mess that was!
The cars, dolls, and hamster have survived (jury still out on the hamster but she seems to be recovering slowly), the others did not. Well, the dolls mostly survived, their hair was never the same again.
She also microwaved my home cordless phone. Then she went outside and picked all the flowers out of our flower pots to make a bouquet for the dinning room table, had to replant all of the pots. She also played baseball last year with all of our tomatoes, that was neat. Threw them up as high as she could in the air just to watch them come back down and splat all over the patio.
I can't remember anything the other two did that comes close to what she has done so far, by and far the most rambunctious of the bunch!

Back
Top Bottom