Now eggs are bad for you... again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"All things in moderation". When I follow that rule, I feel good. Even all these years later, though, I still have a problem with the "moderation" part on and off. :D

Also, raw egg dropped in ramen.

You guys are killing me here :LOL:

"All things in moderation". When I follow that rule, I feel good. Even all these years later, though, I still have a problem with the "moderation" part on and off. :D

You and me both. Most of the time I'm good, but sometimes I slip and go into that "all or nothing" attitude. But then I think a lot of us do.

I'll be 80 in July.. I eat what I want..

Ross

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

― Hunter S. Thompson, The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern

Exactly. I've been drinking diet coke and using Roundup concentrate to kill weeds for at least 30+ years and I'll continue to do so.

Just don't get confused and drink Roundup Concentrate and use Diet Coke to kill weeds. :ohmy:

CD

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Amen, brother CD. ;)

I'd give anything to develop that type of attitude.

:(

I just want my body to function reasonably well and not hurt too much during my journey to the part with the skidding in sideways.

OK, the wind shifted again.... no eggs and no 81mg aspirin for now... :LOL:

It as been known for a number of years that aspirin can cause stomach bleeding. I do heave a heart condition and have had it for years. So knowing about the bleeding, I never took the aspirin as recommended by my doctor. I also ended up having gastro surgery due to bleeding ulcers in my stomach. So what made my doctor think aspiring would not cause bleeding in my stomach? I just yes'ed him and never did buy that bottle of aspirin.

I have found over the years that a lot of doctors develop what is called "The God Complex". For my own safety and good health, I have develop what I call the "Me Complex." I don't second guess the doctor, I just use what knowledge I have, look up what I don't know and then use my common sense.

The yolks of eggs are a good source of iron. When used in cooking as an added ingredient, and considering that I am not the only one who is going to be eating that food, I doubt very much if today's evening meal, (scrambled egg and a half English muffing) is going to cause my chemistry to go completely out of whack.

When I lift the hospital this last time, they put me on Coumodin. They also handed me a looong list of green vegetables that I should try to avoid. Better yet, if I just didn't eat any.

Then I have an appointment with the Registered Dietician. She tells me I can have small helpings of green veggies as long as I don't overdo it. Spinach and Broccoli are my two favorite veggies. So about once a week, I have a very small helping of one of them. One or two tops of broccoli and about a large tablespoon of spinach. And I am still alive.

If I don't agree with what the doctor is telling me, I "yes" him to death, and then just use my common sense. Dr. vs CS.

Back
Top Bottom