Now I can add "plumber" to my resume.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Since Buck died I've had to learn to do many, many things by myself. Even though I'm basically capable of doing many things, I still have a LOT to learn.

Last week the toilet in the upstairs bathroom quit working. I took the tank lid off and discovered that the ballcock was broken. It was made of older plastic and was in pieces. The fact that the bathroom is on the hot side of the house and we don't have air-conditioning probably helped with the deterioration of the plastic.

Fortunately this bathroom doesn't get used that much, especially since it's only me now, so I waited to get the necessary part(s) when I did my regular shopping yesterday.

So, this morning, I took my tools and my new Fluidmaster part and headed upstairs to the bathroom.

Happily, within about 20 minutes, I'd removed all the old pieces and put the new whole one in. Potty works like a charm.

Now I can check "plumber" off my list of new learned skills.;)

That's awesome!
m1256.gif

LOL feels good when you can do things like this. Way to go! Although I did learn my lesson the hard way.. no more plastic chains only metal from now on out! I replaced with a plastic change the first time around, and not six months later it broke. Then again, then I got a metal chain and it is still working perfectly.

Great job Katie!!!! It is such a great feeling to realize all the things you can accomplish on your own.

Much love to ya girlie!

That's pretty good, Katie.
And what you can't figure out yourself, there area lot of DIY forums out there. Usually Googling your problem will take you to someone who asked the exact same thing, so you can see how they fixed it. Plus we're here.

Katie! Brava! Perhaps you could stop by with your toolbox. I've been having a problem with the upstairs toilet...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom