"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:56 PM   #1171
Master Chef

So sorry Kads for the pain of all this. Is it possible you can plant a flower garden or a small orchard of trees there as a memorial spot. Maybe something beautiful and alive will bring a smile to you and your families faces when you now look out that way. Maybe a little nook within the garden with a small table and chairs that you could go and read. Again, I wished I could take the pain and sorrow away. Big Hugs!

Old 03-13-2007, 12:23 AM   #1172
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks Sizz,
I'll be okay, just was taken by surprise..Son-in-law took a look and thinks we can save the roses..That makes this mess not quite so hurtful..

kadesma

Old 03-13-2007, 01:34 AM   #1173
Executive Chef

What a rough day kadesma! I sure hope you can save the roses. I don't know what it is about inconsiderate people either. Everyone is in too much of a hurry to care.

Hugs to you and yours.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:45 AM   #1174
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Kadesma... some people just suck. How mean and rude.

smiles, T
Old 03-13-2007, 02:24 AM   #1175
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
What a rough day kadesma! I sure hope you can save the roses. I don't know what it is about inconsiderate people either. Everyone is in too much of a hurry to care.

Hugs to you and yours.
Thanks Cora,
it was really a lousy day..Things are a little smoother now, and having Ethan and Livi hee today rally helped..That little Girl is a ball of fire and as sweet as can be. She seems to just know when you need a hug and is right there to be picked up..Ethan that little blue eyed loning boy, spent a lot of time to day at my side, I got so many hugs and kisses from him..It made the day fly by...You can't ask for more than that to lift your heart. Unless its a hug from three of my favorite people, you and those cute little ones of your.

kadesma
Old 03-13-2007, 02:26 AM   #1176
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
Kadesma... some people just suck. How mean and rude.

smiles, T
I know T...I swear, I will never do something like that...I just don't understand what is so hard about calling to let you know they are coming..Most people now days have a cell phone slaped to there ear all the time..Beats me what's so hard about one more call!!!! I suppose business is business hum?

kadesma
Old 03-13-2007, 04:34 AM   #1177
Head Chef

That's just horrid, so rude!

As for the roses, you know, a hard prune and they might be better than ever. I am failing to remember which famous English garden it is that does this, but anyway, they raze all their roses to the ground every three years to keep them vigourous! Too drastic for me, but I am known to be a good hard rose pruner - I do my mother's because she can't bear to prune them back as ruthlessly as I do, and the growh on them is always remarkable. I hope, with some luck, in the long term your roses will benefit from this assault on them.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:27 AM   #1178
Everymom

Oh kadesma, what a crappy day! Thank goodness for those loving arms you had with you all day. Heres one more hug {{{{{{{{{{kadesma}}}}}}}}}}
Old 03-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #1179
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
So sorry for your horrible day, but glad you have your darlings with you - Grandchildren can brighten and make your day ! Your Moms Roses with be awesome this year ! Enjoy
Old 03-13-2007, 03:10 PM   #1180
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu
That's just horrid, so rude!

As for the roses, you know, a hard prune and they might be better than ever. I am failing to remember which famous English garden it is that does this, but anyway, they raze all their roses to the ground every three years to keep them vigourous! Too drastic for me, but I am known to be a good hard rose pruner - I do my mother's because she can't bear to prune them back as ruthlessly as I do, and the growh on them is always remarkable. I hope, with some luck, in the long term your roses will benefit from this assault on them.
lulu,
would my dad have loved you He was a pruner and drove my mom who had a black thumb to distraction..But I tell you he had a yard of beautiful roses and I can remember coming in their home to find each room full of the sweet smell of tea roses and here he'd come with more for my mom..She always had a house filled with flowers.. We are going to cut them way back and we are thinking of a gazebo for out there to make it a little special..Thanks for reminding me about the pruning, that is what we will do...

kadesma