"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 02:37 PM   #1211
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to babyhuggies
okay thought today would be better~but no. Snowing so i have to at least shovel around the gates so we can open and close them...can handle that.but my little guy was up half the night cry with leg pains..now he slept until 11am...no going to bed early tonight.now i just went to throw my wash into the dryer.....the drain hose is leaking massive amounts of water..my laundry room is flooded ...i am so frazzled...my son thought to help me while my back was turned trying to fix the running water from the hose(yes the machine was turned off but the water kept coming) he put the throw rug i have in front of the machine (cement floor-cold..yes thank goodness it is cement)on top of the drainage hole in the floor
Am i to old to run away from home?

Old 03-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #1212
Everymom

Oh man. You are having a week! OK, just get the mess cleaned up and say to HECK with the rest of the housework. Just put your feet up and play with your little guy. Everything else will work itself out. Open a can of soup (or 3 or 4...you have teens too right?) for dinner and call it a day. A glass of wine wouldn't go amiss either.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:46 PM   #1213
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Oh man. You are having a week! OK, just get the mess cleaned up and say to HECK with the rest of the housework. Just put your feet up and play with your little guy. Everything else will work itself out. Open a can of soup (or 3 or 4...you have teens too right?) for dinner and call it a day. A glass of wine wouldn't go amiss either.
Or click your heels together ..... okay if only it worked that way. Sorry your having a tough go of it right now hopefully things will level out soon.... in the meantime Alix is right to heck with the rest it'll still be there I'm sure. You did remind me though of when I was a teen and my sister had a friend spend the night and we decided to have a pillow fight.........bad decision because we were using feather pillows.....who'd of thunk those suckers would just decide to explode ... needless to say we were scrambling to clean up the mess before dad got home from work..... mom was none too happy but kept reminding us dad would be home soon and we'd better have the mess cleaned up......you never saw 3 girls kick it into overdrive fast enough .

Shannon......sure hope today is better than yesterday.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:14 PM   #1214
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Well, I have a big vent. I just got a call from hubby & he's been laied off!! He's on his way home right now. He was told this morning that it was between he & a lady he works with. The lady has been there 6 years compaired to hubby's 1 year so they kept her. Right now, I'm not sure how we're going to make it, we always do when we have these bumps in the road, but it's always hard. One thing's for sure, it brings us closer together. I have to keep looking for the small blessings until he gets another job.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #1215
Chef Extraordinaire

Miss Crewsk...

His eye is on the sparrow....

Things will be fine!

{{{{{Miss crewsk}}}}}}

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Old 03-16-2007, 04:21 PM   #1216
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Thanks Uncle Bob! He's been looking for another job for a while now & has sent out several resumes. At least he's got a little bit of a head start on things.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:37 PM   #1217
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Prayers sent for all the ventors - hoping everything works out for all and feeling better!
Old 03-16-2007, 04:43 PM   #1218
Everymom

Man oh man. Crewsk, that is a BIG vent. Major nasty news. Hugs to you all and prayers for a BETTER job and soon are going up for you. You guys have had a crappy run lately too.

My vent is truly insignificant. I was looking forward to a haircut today, but the hairdresser oopsed and had me written down for the wrong day. ARGH. And then I was supposed to go pick something up and I had the wrong address so I ended up driving all over the place in vain. Finally gave up, came home and made a cup of tea and got the phone call with the "oops, sorry about that, here's the right address". I'm going to finish my tea and IF there's time after that to pick up that stupid piece of crap I will go do that. Otherwise I'm going to snuggle down with my kitties and read something funny and wait for my girls to come home from school.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:10 PM   #1219
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
Well, I have a big vent. I just got a call from hubby & he's been laied off!! He's on his way home right now. He was told this morning that it was between he & a lady he works with. The lady has been there 6 years compaired to hubby's 1 year so they kept her. Right now, I'm not sure how we're going to make it, we always do when we have these bumps in the road, but it's always hard. One thing's for sure, it brings us closer together. I have to keep looking for the small blessings until he gets another job.
Oh no Crewsk!! I remember your last crisis a little over a year ago and I hoped you guys were set for a good while when he found the new opportunity... let's hope and believe he will find something better and bigger soon, something that is truly for him. But for good people like you and your family, I am sure things will turn out well no matter what happens. I will keep you in my thoughts, and wish you guys nothing but the bestust!! Keep your chin up and keep smiling, and be strong!!

((((Hugs))))
Old 03-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #1220
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
Miss Crewsk...

His eye is on the sparrow....

Things will be fine!

{{{{{Miss crewsk}}}}}}

It may not seem like it now, but Uncle Bob is sooooright. Hang in there Crewsk and vent here..it may help