"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 08:26 PM   #1581
Chef Extraordinaire

Tech support that speaks english, but with such a "thick" accent you can't understand them. Tech support that goes by a script rather than interacting with you. Companies that have no Customer Service Department. I have to stop now. My blood pressure is going up!!!!!!!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Old 09-17-2007, 12:24 AM   #1582
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I'm pretty frustrated tonight. James is a little over 2 months into his CAD training and still has 9 months to go. He has a trac phone but we can't afford to add any time to it right now, so for the most part we have been communicating at night via MSN Messenger. Now the training center has decided to block all messengers because they are afraid of getting viruses through them. So now James and I don't have any way to talk to each other in a timely manner. He left really late tonight (I was asked to "perform" a 3-minute dialog I had written at church tonight, and we had a few things to do to get him ready to go) so he won't be there for another hour or so, but he is going to check when he gets there to see if they have blocked message boards. If he can get into DC we will talk through PMs. Otherwise we will have to try to have a conversation through email. That is so frustrating! Oh well, that is really the least of our worries at the moment, but it would be nice to be able to talk to my husband more than every weekend!

Barbara

Old 09-17-2007, 12:27 AM   #1583
Executive Chef

Barbara, I hope the situation is put right very soon. It isn't fun being out of touch. Dh has a gophone and he never uses all his minutes. Of course he hardly ever answers his phone either. Maybe after almost 50 years we don't have as much to talk about. I guess we've said it all!
Old 09-17-2007, 12:45 AM   #1584
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia View Post
Maybe after almost 50 years we don't have as much to talk about. I guess we've said it all!
I guess that's our problem--we've only been married 4 1/2 years!

Thanks Licia! In the end this will all have been worth it, but in the meantime it is sometimes a little frustrating.

Barbara
Old 09-17-2007, 01:16 AM   #1585
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Hang in there Barbara. Hope you both can connect soon. Remember that all sacrifice is compensated eventually.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:23 AM   #1586
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thanks Dina! Yeah, I know things will work out. And we can still communicate--just a little slower. Some people don't even have that.

Barbara
Old 09-17-2007, 09:22 AM   #1587
Master Chef

I feel your frustration, too, Barbara L. My hubby does a lot of traveling in his job and we're separated a lot and I'm by myself in a country where there is little to do. Right now it's budget time for his company and even when he is home he is tied to the computer. Many times when he is traveling, the hotels overseas don't even have computer access. I hope that they haven't blocked communication for you. Hang in there!!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 07:13 PM   #1588
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Well that's odd. I posted a response to you, expatgirl, a few hours ago but it isn't here. Anyway, I just said that no matter how slow it is, at least I am fortunate to be able to communicate with James. I was just frustrated last night. I hope you don't have too many days with no communication from your husband. Well, if you can't communicate with him, you can always talk to me!

Barbara
Old 09-17-2007, 08:43 PM   #1589
Master Chef

Thanks, Barbara!! I really appreciate that and same with you. My back door is always open. We "widder folk" have to stick together. :)
Old 09-18-2007, 12:57 AM   #1590
Senior Cook

I'm late into this thread but...
latching onto a recent topic: my travelling keeps me from communicating with YOU GUYS!

When I discovered this place I was elated - but now I find myself having to travel more (sans computer) and am suffering DC withdrawal...

Any antidotes you can suggest?

G