Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The spots are probably "floaters" JPM and nothing to worry about.......not saying Mr. Hardhead shouldn't go and get his vision checked.....he should....if nothing else than to rule out glaucoma which the likelihood increases with age........now if he starts to see halos around lights that is a totally different steer to deal with........that definitely could be the signs of glaucoma.......I have had these "floaters" since my 30's........scared me to death the first time that I saw them but I'm a hypochondriac and not like your hubby.........your risk is esp. increased if you are near-sighted (see objects better closer up than farther away)...the doctor informed me that bits and pieces of your internal eye makeup tear away and float around......they are most notable when gazing upon white backgrounds and they'll come floating across ever so often......hence "floaters" and its name...........just annoying .......I have them, too.....

Maybe you can "guilt" him into going eventually..........:)

:) I know what the floaters are I get them once in a great, great while but what ever DH has when he described it a year ago definitely sounded like Glaucoma. He is so stubborn about going to a doctor so am I but I do go to the Doctor. My site is better far away than close up I don't know what his is because he will not admit to anything. I wear reading glasses but he is the kind of person that would never admit he needs glasses. At this point I just want him to go find out what the problem is or isn't.

You know......my DH was the same way about getting his colonoscopy......he had been instructed to get one when he was 50.....at age 54 and pleading his work schedule which was not an exaggeration I finally took matters into my own hands.......arranged his Dr. visit and test.....not an easy thing to do where we live as the waiting list is as long as your colon.....little bit of rectal humor there :)......anyway when he came into town I just said "you have a Dr's apptmt. this afternoon and off we went.......he didn't have a choice....the test was the next day.... the room was FULL...would you believe that they found a precancerous polyp? No history whatsoever in his family on either side.....he was the first......Dr. said that it would only have taken 8 years to have perhaps been too late.......and this man eats like a cow........nothing but roughage........and no smoking and little drinking....moderate exercise..........go figure........I know what it's like to deal with a stubborn person......believe me.......hope that you can change his mind esp. if you think it's glaucome......it's such a treatable condition.....my MiL had it for years and took drops and then finally it went away.......

My husband made the coffee this morning to help me out while I made him breakfast...
It's like water with a coffee bean floated in it. :(

I know for a fact I am getting to the coffee before he gets home tomorrow....
and from now on!
He usually does just fine.... maybe he was sleepy. Yeah, thats it.
:)

pds, go to a drugstore and get you some AZO standard. This helps with the pain VERY well!! Just watch, turns everything orange, lol
It will seriously be worth getting it, I promise.

a/c froze up!! I'm sick of this!! I'm just thankful that it wasn't last week when it was 105 with index 107!! It's just 97 today.

Oh, boy, can I vent.

You're sitting at a stoplight on a Dyna, and you think you hear a Fat-Boy rumble up next to you.

As the light turns, you look over and it's a wannabee on a Shadow.

Ticks you off, don't it?

I have some TG. It helps and it's such a pretty shade of orange. LOL~!

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear as I'm a VETERAN of these kinds of infections.....if you haven't already do go to the Dr. and get your urine tested.......it only takes minutes and if necessary you'll need to get on antibiotics if it's a bacterial infection......you don't want this moving up into your kidneys or you will have real problems......don't put this off......my daughter in law did and they nearly hospitalized her......she knows that when she gets one to go to the Dr. immediately.........for temporary relief yes, the AZO is great, as well as taking cranberry pills and lactobacillus (more concentrated than juices or youghurt.........hope that you feel better soon

***SCREAM***

No, that didn't help much, but it helps a little. I'm going to get through this wonderful vacation experience one way or another.

:dry:Barbara
And most of it really is wonderful. Traveling with my sweetie is great!!!

***SCREAM***

No, that didn't help much, but it helps a little. I'm going to get through this wonderful vacation experience one way or another.

:dry:Barbara
And most of it really is wonderful. Traveling with my sweetie is great!!!
Good heavens what brought that about? Need a shoulder Barb?

kades

Thanks cj! I actually just spilled my guts about it in the mod section, so you can check it out there. Otherwise it has to be by PM. :cool:

:)Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom