Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bilby,
I'm sorry to hear about your mom..I wish there was something that i could do for her and you..But all I can do if offer good thoughts and prayers...You will both stay close to my heart til the all clear sounds..
kadesma

man, if as you didn't need any more stess in your life........we're here for you and no, I was kidding about giving you my daughter earlier............please lean on us at DC land.......love and hugs.....debs......

Bilby, my heart and prayers go out to you as well. I went through this with my Mom 13 years ago. Take good care of yourself while you are taking care of her. We are here for you. I have personally experienced the fact that the love and caring from DC'ers is endless and true.

Our hotel has one washer and dryer for guests to use. I just washed a load of clothes and then went down to put them in the dryer (I have another load or two to do but we are going to meet Tattrat in about an hour). I put my money in and pressed "Start." Nothing. I hurried up to the front desk (opposite end of the hotel) and let her know. She called the maintenance guy who got there just after I did. He asked if I put money in. He pushed the thing in again and pressed start. Nothing. He just kept saying that I needed to go get $1.50 from the front desk to see if it would start. I suggested that maybe a breaker just needed to be flipped, and he said he didn't know anything about that. I am so frustrated. I now have a load of wet clothes piled on the bathroom sink and counter because I don't have time to fool with them. I don't know anything about electricity, but I do know that if something isn't getting any power at all, the first thing you should do it check the source of power, not just throw more money into it.

:glare:Barbara

Well, after Saturday, I will no longer have a dang job!! He said that he could only keep me part time, but, didnt' even put me on the schedule. Pray I get that job tomorrow!!

Barbara, after living in dorms and apartment buildings I totally understand the frustrations of pay laundry machines. I hope you get it worked out but in the meantime have a good time with Tattrat!

Stacy, prayers going out to you regarding your job situation.

comparing you guys and your serious problems, mine seems silly. i finally told handyman to beat feet. suffice to say he jerked me around just once to often on showing up. after sleeping on my floor so as to get a early start on project, he disappeared for an entire day. showed up at midnight. thinking i would let him in, i guess. i put his stuff on the porch with a note to take his stuff and go home. he was warned a week ago that i was nearing the end of my rope with him.

bad thing he owns me work now. i did get a lot of stuff done at very in-expensive prices. i just decided it was not worth it anymore . wasn't enjoying the projects any more.

babe:mad:

not really. we can use everything, just not often. It drains, but REALLY slow....
step-FIL had to work late and couldn't bring his giant snake (haha) up, so DH went to work early to get it on his way, and it will be here at 6:30 am.
Pray for me that its just a stuck piece of pvc and not some other horrible issue that would involve a jackhammer....
:(

not really. we can use everything, just not often. It drains, but REALLY slow....
step-FIL had to work late and couldn't bring his giant snake (haha) up, so DH went to work early to get it on his way, and it will be here at 6:30 am.
Pray for me that its just a stuck piece of pvc and not some other horrible issue that would involve a jackhammer....
:(

NO JACKHAMMERS ALLOWED AT SUZI's HOUSE!!!!!

the toilets here are cute (I can just hear BuckyTom chiming in on this one) anyway I'm plowing ahead......on top of the tank covering are two buttons.....one bigger than the other....the smaller one is pushed for nbr 1 and the bigger is for ........can you believe.......lots of water pressure.....when it comes to showers it's every man for himself..........warm, very hot, very cold and you really don't know in what order.........you are literally dancing your way thru the shower.......and I have long hair........finally you decide that you're a trooper and that cold showers are good for you hair and make it shinier......believe me your brain will tell you lies........

I won't say anything specific yet - since there's a magnitude on my mind at the moment - but I do wish we all didn't have to have something "external" causing more wrinkles and gray hair than would naturally come anyway! Sheesh! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom