"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 06:47 PM   #1971
Master Chef

B's Girl----oh, my, what rotten tomato luck. So sorry to hear about all the calamities and now you're 8 months pregnant on top of it. Take pictures so that down the road you can share the disaster with your friends and family as it will make for great conversation and you might even laugh about it. Though not now. In the meantime hang in there and hopefully your insurance company will handle all of it. For major home repairs I sometimes ask my insurance company who they recommend and they give me at least 3-4 companies in my area to use. Never have been disappointed.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #1972
Master Chef

Good Lord what rotten luck, hope things get better for you! Just think one more month and you will have a new baby! Probably less than a month now? Definitely have to share pictures of that.
And as Expatgirl pointed out, hopefully someday this will all make for an inspirational and amusing story to tell your grandkids!

"Oh you think you are having a bad month, well just let me tell you about that time back in Nov 07..."

Old 03-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #1973
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Oh goodness, you have a right to vent. What a hard time!! Good luck from now on!
Old 03-23-2008, 09:54 PM   #1974
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by B'sgirl
Is that so much to ask?
It's lookin' like that may be too much to ask! Just kidding! Good grief - things HAVE to get better from here!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
Old 03-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #1975
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
You poor darlin'! You must feel as though you have a great big bullseye painted on you. Gotta go up from here!

Good karma, good karma, good karma, good....

Yep! Better things are ahead!!!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 10:04 PM   #1976
Executive Chef

Sorry, B'sgirl! It's harder when things happen at home near the end of your pregnancy. It really screws with our nesting instincts! But in a month, you'll have your arms full of your new little bundle and things won't seem so bad. (It's a good thing, too, because by then, something else will have broken! LOL)
Old 03-23-2008, 10:05 PM   #1977
Assistant Cook

I don't want to go to work tomorrow!
Old 03-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #1978
Sous Chef

Suffering from spring fever, are you? Take a day off. Go for a nice walk in the mountains, or whatever outdoor attractions there are in your area.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #1979
Master Chef

I am soo tired right now. We have two minivans, a voyager for DW's business, and the family Town & Country. First, the T&C won't start, so I have to jump it and drive it down to the parts store to swap out the battery for a new one. Heavy lifting and I am not supposed to lift anything heavier than a jug of milk! But, now it is working fine again.
Then her Voyager won't start! Turns out she ran it out of gas! So, I go to the service station and fill a 5 gallon can of gas, get it started, and find out the alternator is cracked and wont properly charge the battery. So, I take out the old alternator and again take a trip to the parts store for a new one. Did I mention I am not supposed to be driving here??
Got the new one in, took it to the gas station and finished filling it, and of course whenever I am at the gas station I always check the fluids. Hey, guess what??!! Needs an oil change. Just finished that and now it is all set and ready for her to use.
Then the drier starts making horrible squeaking sounds. Take it apart (man those drums are heavy!!), and find it needed a serious cleaning on the inside! Cleaned it all out, replaced the belt, and had to tighten one of the wheels up. Now it is working fine.
Nothing else better break cause I am wiped out and hurting!
Old 03-25-2008, 11:31 AM   #1980
Executive Chef

Buddy, Buddy, Buddy!!!!!!! You are going to have to stop doing these things however inconvenient they are. This is when you play supervisor and only supervisor. After my dad had his heart attack, he was the second most grumpiest person ever to be put on this earth and then there was my mum who has an Irish temper and got grumpy because dad was grumpy, and so became the grumpiest person on this earth. Dad wasn't allowed to drive or lift either and in those days, mum didn't drive outside her neighbouring suburbs and dad didn't like her to drive when he was in the car. (She now drives to visit my brother who lives nearly three hours away!) My brother was able to do some of the heavy lifting but he was in medical school so wasn't around a lot, so a lot fell to mum with dad supervising. Thankfully I was a kid so wasn't expected to help in those instances cos I am sure one of my parents was about to kill the other and I didn't want to witness it!! ;-) You send the DW to the store to get the parts, and you don't use the drier for a while. Your health is much more important than the inconvenience. The doctors tell you to rest for a reason you know.

BT, you better give the ankle bracelet to Buddy so that he is under house arrest!!! I'll use the DC GPS to track you!! LOL