Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so sorry to hear that, Susan...............I guess we folk in Texas shouldn't complain about our awful summers that are brutally hot and humid................our winters are actually quite nice.........hope that your plumber can sort things out for you ASAP..........

so sorry to hear that, Susan...............I guess we folk in Texas shouldn't complain about our awful summers that are brutally hot and humid................our winters are actually quite nice.........hope that your plumber can sort things out for you ASAP..........

Well, the contractor is bringing his son tomorrow morning but my plumbing won't be fixed until Tuesday. Monday my mom has a doctor's appointment that I can't cancel and it is going to around 20 degrees. She also to have her pacemaker checked and see her cardiologist on Wednesday. So, I am hoping all will work out in the end. I bought lots of water, the house is warm. The garage door is stuck up, now. lol.
Life is nothing but a bowl of cherries....I was offered to stay at a friend's house but I won't leave my kitties.

Storage closet that I cleaned and organized is now piled high with crap and impassable. Argh. I just don't have it in me to clean that up right now.

I started cleaning my kitchen yesterday at 9Am and finished completely around 3:30PM. Yes it was bad, but not extremely. I washed the dishwasher and stove underneath to get that dust fur off - they are black and it really shows up. I got out the magic eraser and scrubbed the floor by the cat dishes and water. I magic erased the kitchen chairs - mainly the kids. I took a toothbrush and scrubbed the crap out the kitchen table. It is a tile top and in between the tiles have been neglected for awhile. So, all this is done. I told my kids and husband that I will kick there a$$ if this kitchen gets messy in less then 2 days. If you spill something, clean it up. If you get crumbs on the table, clean it up. Not that hard. UGH! I wake up this morning, the sink is filled with coffee splatter (like it really that hard to get the hose and rinse it). It was so shiny yesterday. By the coffee pot we have 3 canisters; sugar, creamer and something coffee. There had to be a spoonful of creamer and sugar on the counter from dh missing his cup. Then, it seems the cats got into it last night so there are little furballs blowing around. Explain to me again why I bother cleaning? I know I am OCD - but c'mon, less then 24 hours? It's just like everytime I clean the master bathroom - dh has to shave. Of course he cannot clean up after himself so there is hair all in the sink and behind the faucet (I HATE HAIR). Same with the boys bathroom, they are 8 & 4, there is no reason we should still be having pee on the seat. So, from now on, it doesn't get cleaned unless they clean it. I am sick of it. I feel like a maid, not a mom.

O.K. I feel better now. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!

Well, I need the water company today to replace my water meter, the new pressure regulator is on but still I have no water and I have no idea if they will have to break cement to get to more pipe. I have been boiling bottled water to wash up and I think I will to go to my friends' house for a shower. I want to wash my hair. Hopefully, this will not drag on forever. I am beginning to grow very tired of roughing it but I know how fortunate that I am that I have electricity and heat. I am a water sign and not being able to bathe is so hard!

Mom is another word for Maid that's not paid..........I hate it, too......and I'm in the same OCD line as you..........pee on the seat??? You ....haven't seen the last stream.....I walked in on some of my first graders with "dueling pistols"......I requested that the janitor come with his mop and bucket......he was quite surprised when I took it from him and ordered that the boys handle the 6 foot industrial strength mop by themselves...biggest grin I ever saw out of him....and scour the toilet and wash down the walls.......I was 3 months pregnant and could not tolerate any bad smells......all I had to say was do you want me to call your parents...........man, they scrubbed like crazy :):)

I would have paid to see that!! LOL

I know that it isn't going to stop with the boys because my dh does it at times - especially when he goes in the middle of the night. I know TMI. There is just too much testosterone in my house. I need some female bodies to help me in my fight - either that or I am kicking the boys (that includes my dh) out! I used to have my oldest sit when he goes, but I didn't want him to get picked on in school for sitting instead of standing.

I started cleaning my kitchen yesterday at 9Am and finished completely around 3:30PM. Yes it was bad, but not extremely. I washed the dishwasher and stove underneath to get that dust fur off - they are black and it really shows up. I got out the magic eraser and scrubbed the floor by the cat dishes and water. I magic erased the kitchen chairs - mainly the kids. I took a toothbrush and scrubbed the crap out the kitchen table. It is a tile top and in between the tiles have been neglected for awhile. So, all this is done. I told my kids and husband that I will kick there a$$ if this kitchen gets messy in less then 2 days. If you spill something, clean it up. If you get crumbs on the table, clean it up. Not that hard. UGH! I wake up this morning, the sink is filled with coffee splatter (like it really that hard to get the hose and rinse it). It was so shiny yesterday. By the coffee pot we have 3 canisters; sugar, creamer and something coffee. There had to be a spoonful of creamer and sugar on the counter from dh missing his cup. Then, it seems the cats got into it last night so there are little furballs blowing around. Explain to me again why I bother cleaning? I know I am OCD - but c'mon, less then 24 hours? It's just like everytime I clean the master bathroom - dh has to shave. Of course he cannot clean up after himself so there is hair all in the sink and behind the faucet (I HATE HAIR). Same with the boys bathroom, they are 8 & 4, there is no reason we should still be having pee on the seat. So, from now on, it doesn't get cleaned unless they clean it. I am sick of it. I feel like a maid, not a mom.

O.K. I feel better now. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!

making the kids do it sounds good to me. i lived with my son who has two boys. teenagers when i was there. one of them simply would not raise the lid. finally i said it wasn't getting cleaned by me anymore. he didn't do it but once in a while my ddl did. he was and is a slob. he married one, hope she likes wet toliet seats.

I still have no water. I am waiting for the water company to come and replace my water meter and my own expense. At least the garage door motor was replaced and works again. I am very tired. Sigh.

The bright spot in my day--my mom's heart and pacemaker and blood pressure are all good according to her cardiologist.

I still have no water. I am waiting for the water company to come and replace my water meter and my own expense. At least the garage door motor was replaced and works again. I am very tired. Sigh.

The bright spot in my day--my mom's heart and pacemaker and blood pressure are all good according to her cardiologist.

:( sorry to hear about this! Hope it gets back to normal very soon!!

I'm sorry, Susan........I know what a pain that is........in KZ you'd get up some mornings to artic cold water when they turned the hot off.......not much fun trying to take a shower......so like pioneers you'd heat up 4 large pots of cold water and do the best you could....difficult if you have long hair that needs washing..........trust me.......

We had 4 free movie tickets left, so we decided to de-stress by going to the movies tonight. The second movie we saw was "Inkheart" (great movie) at 10:00. The theater next to ours was showing an "R" rated movie (Notorious). We went and sat down, then three boys, around 12 or 13 years old, came in and sat three rows in front of us. They were acting a little goofy, and I hoped they were going to settle down. A girl or woman (we didn't see her) was with them, but she sat in the back. The previews started, and the boys settled down. So far, so good.

Then about 6-10 teenagers came in and sat about 3 or 4 rows behind us. They were quiet the two times the manager came through, but the rest of the movie was miserable because of them. We were able to watch and enjoy it, in spite of them, but it wasn't a good experience. They made stupid noises through the whole movie. They were chasing each other. One was evidently so drunk or high that he couldn't even walk or stand up straight and he kept falling down. They were talking loud and cussing. It was obvious that they weren't there to see the movie. I thought about getting up right then and saying something to the manager, but truthfully I was scared of them, since I didn't know if they were the type to get mad when someone came in to say something to them and pull a knife or something. So I didn't do anything until we left.

When we were done watching the movie, I said something to the girl at the concession counter. She called the manager, and I told her. She gave us two free tickets because of the trouble. I said, "Why would they spend that much money on a movie, just to act like idiots and not watch the movie?" She said that they had tried to get into the "R" rated movie but couldn't, so they went in there instead. As James and I said later, they should have just kicked them out instead of letting them ruin a movie (that they didn't want to see) for everyone else.

Evidently the teenagers that caused the problems were waiting outside for their parents to pick them up. As James and I walked past them, and to our car, one of them kept saying really loudly, "Hey sir, I think you need some Slim Fast." Stupid Jerk.

:mad:Barbara

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom