Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,
I'm ok..have a small blister on my lip and so I'm fine. The soup turned out great...it was an easy make it up as you go soup. I browned the beef ribs then added several med diced onions, about 4 cloves minced garlic..several boxes of beef stock. Then let it simmer several hours...When I was happy with the taste of the stock,I added just a little white wine and started putting in veggies, carrots,diced,frozen peas, a small box of frozen chopped spinach, half a cabbage shredded, diced potatoes about 5 small,celery diced and some fresh parsley..I added twoard the end some parmesan rinds I had and let it go til soft, then served with nice warm french bread and butter....
kades
sounds like a minestrone soup yummy!! i want some!!

I've had all thumbs days with sewing (and I have been sewing for well over 20 years) and I have to say that they do suck. I have been known to lecture my sewing machine now and then but it always seems to smarten up and behave after a "you will be replaced" kind of chat.

Hope you were able to relax and that your sewing went well after the vent!

I am astounded that folks seem to want to rip into Mackenzie Phillips for disrupting their family. Wow. What about the abuser? She survived, and to be questioned, blamed, etc, is unbelievable. people seem to think that just because the "relationship" happened when she was an adult, that it is somehow different. Wrong. Her abuser groomed her for years to be compliant. The word "consensual" has a very different meaning in this context. I support Mackenzie Phillips and her decision to finally end her nightmare by going public. Quite frankly, this week she has appeared more lucid and "with it" than ever before, possibly because she can now hold her head high and shake free of the shame.
And to he*# with her so-called step-mother Michelle. Can't she see the truth? After all, she was a child (16) when she got involved with John... maybe the truth is just too close...

I am so pissed!! I just got a call from my 13 year old daughters principle and when i am calmed down enough to compose my thoughts in a sane manner i will post what happened!!

a boy was saying crude sexual things to my daughter then tried to grab my daughters breast, she managed to elude him and screamed at him and threw her peas off her lunch tray at him, when she got up and walked away he tried to grab her butt!! when she went to tell an aid in the lunch room she was told not to tattle!! so she went to the principle to report it. he didn't call me till after school and when i asked what was going to be done about this sexual harassment he said he couldn't talk to me about it or give me the kids name!! that is just wrong because as the parent of the minor child being harassed i am entitled to know everything. i am thinking of going to the police an file a complaint. if i wasn't involved i would understand the confidentiality thing.

when i tried to ask some more questions he said it was late and he didn't want to debate. i didn't like his tone at all and the sense that he just wanted to go home because it was late!! to freaking bad buddy i pay his salary his is paid to talk to me when there is a serious problem like this!! in my eyes this is serious. do you think so?
i have a right to be livid!!

Yes, you have the right to be livid. You also have the right to report it to the police. make sure you have written everything down (like you did here), and tell your daughter to write everything down as well. Then, take your documents into the school in the morning and demand action. They MUST do something about it. It's called sexual harassment and is recognized as such by federal law. period. If anything else is said or done, have your daughter DOCUMENT, tell you , and YOU also document the behaviors as told to you by your daughter.

and it's NOT a debate.
I just took a test today to become a sub (yes, even after a master's and working in the district) but, one of the questions addresses this. In the case where a teacher suspects abuse of any kind, the teacher is to report their suspicions to law enforcement. again, federal law. Not the principal, but the police.

You have every right..You need to have your daughter find out who saw this exchange, she needs to write it down,Don't let anger overtake you. It won't help her at all. it just frightens. Let her see that you care but that you won't go over board. Your principal sounds like he is afraid to become involved that he doesn't know just how to handle this. I would go to the police, be calm let them know you are angry but want things to stay calm for the kids sake. Find out your options..It is impossible to deal with someone who refuses to see your side some men stick with men no matter what, same for wormen..What needs to be worked for is the children and good sex education needs to be taught.Our children are our future, take care of all of them.
kadesma

I woke up to broken glass in the kitchen this morning ! Apparently one or more of my cats knocked the custard bowls off the counter. You'd think hubby would hear that crash ( I can't hear it since I am deaf) and come downstairs to clean up the mess! Thank God none of the cats got cut !

Presumably the principal doesn't want the bad publicity so is hoping it will all just fade away. But you should report it further. As Wyogal said it is a must do for the police to be notified but presumably you can also take it to the School Board and/or the Education Department or whatever the equivalent is in the US. While the actions of the child need to be officially investigated, so too do the actions of the principal and the aide. I don't have kids but I know I wouldn't want either of them being "in loco parentis" for them if I did. Dual action required.

I woke up to broken glass in the kitchen this morning ! Apparently one or more of my cats knocked the custard bowls off the counter. You'd think hubby would hear that crash ( I can't hear it since I am deaf) and come downstairs to clean up the mess! Thank God none of the cats got cut !
Very lucky indeed! I always endeavour to be so careful with fragile or sharp items cos I have so many cats. My house is almost toddler proof because of them!! Even in the drainer, I have to bury the sharp knives just in case.

Isn't your hubby just continuing to suffer from domestic deafness??;)

Very lucky indeed! I always endeavour to be so careful with fragile or sharp items cos I have so many cats. My house is almost toddler proof because of them!! Even in the drainer, I have to bury the sharp knives just in case.

Isn't your hubby just continuing to suffer from domestic deafness??;)

Sure seems that way, I call it selective hearing . ;) I thought my house was toddler proof too but apparently , whoever knocked down the bowls managed to squeeze in the small space, so no more leaving glass around before going to bed.

I know, it is such a pain!! I have to make sure that the counters are empty or that everything is pushed against the wall before I go to bed. If I have nodded off though and it is 2am or some such time, I am so tempted to just ignore it but then I think I don't really want to drive the 30mins to the emergency vet and pay a couple of hundred bucks because the cat knocked the knife which stabbed its sibling in the eye... It's easier to clear the counter!! LOL

Can't really wiggle it, and it hurts when I try. But, not much to do about it. It's my "ring" toe, so the other toes will take the brunt of the work when I am on it.
I guess I can't clean the kitchen...:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom