"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #2491
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
I don't worry so much from a business but just some internet Joe seems like a bad idea. I'm not upset with DH at all, more upset for him. I told you so won't come out of my mouth. I'll just get that part out here with you guys! :)

Old 05-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #2492
Head Chef

You should be able to get your money back if you paid using paypal.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #2493
Master Chef

my Dad saw me a few days ago & called me yesterday to say i'm fat & i've a gut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he says i should weigh 107 pounds like my Mother. i am 5'5" &1/2" & weigh 135 pounds. that's not fat! i was anorexic fer years & finally started eating normal portions & he says that! he wasn't being mean 'bout it.
i just can't get over him saying that to me. my Dad & Grandfather, if you wanna see hypercritical 'bout fat, that's who you listen to. my gosh, though. 135 POUNDS?! i mean, i used to weigh 76 & had 2 cardiac arrests & now a defribllator. would that make him okay with my weight again?
i'm so pissed.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:39 PM   #2494
Certified Cake Maniac

Oh, Luvs, I am so very sorry. Having suffered from a lesser eating disorder myself (secret binge eating but no purging - I would just diet in front of everyone and pig out in private), I totally understand how the comments of others can be so damaging, especially family. My problem was that my family wouldn't acknowledge when I was losing weight because they "didn't want to draw attention and jinx it" instead of looking at it as positive reinforcement.

But for your father to say that is reprehensible!!! At your height, 135 should be a comfortable weight and he should be lifting you up for not starving yourself and being more at peace with how you look.

I really hope you don't let this affect you and look to others for positive feedback. I am sure you are beautiful just the way you are!!!!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 05-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #2495
Master Chef

thanks, beier. i'm not gonna let him upset me too much. i'm just shocked & angry with him. other people comment often how much better i look. my nurse loves my new weight.

my Mom said he's just not used to me being healthy. maybe he misses being that Dad who had a 'project' of a kid.
i'm mad, but staying strong.

i'm sorry you, too, had an eating disorder. they're so easy to fall into & when you try to drag yourself away it's rough.

-luv, luvs
Old 05-30-2008, 03:33 PM   #2496
Master Chef

He stole from me!!MY OWN SON STOLE FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ran out of checks and went to get the next book in sequence, umm, not there, so, I go asking him. I had him go in and get a deposit slip once to deposit his check. I NEVER would have thought this would happen. So, after him SWEARING he didn't know what happened to them, I look online. Well, there are 5 checks for cash that he FORGED my husbands name on and another to a store here, that they actuall cashed!!! I am filing charges on THEM. Freaking idiots, a person comes in that doesn't match who is on there and they take it!!!!!!!!!!
I blew up on him. I grabbed him by the throat and shoved him to the wall. I told him he couldn't have hurt me more if he had shot me. I'm done. I'm so numb right now. I won't tell dh cause I know what will happen. There are still 3 checks in the sequence that have not cleared and the other 15 are unaccounted for. I don't know what to do at this point. The checks that have cleared so far are just over $100. He keeps telling me that the ripped up the rest, I prayed to God is not lying THIS time!!
One way or another, he is going to the NAVY!!! I want them to beat him into submission and straighten him out!! I will never believe him again and I HATE it!!
Old 05-30-2008, 03:38 PM   #2497
Executive Chef

So sorry to hear that. It's heartbreaking to find out that your own child is a thief.

I hope that this mess gets cleared up and if your son is not staying with you, then so much the better. If he is, then show him some tough love and show him the door!

There's this guy that I've known since he was a little boy. His mom stole from many people, myself included! I used to date her and babysit with the boy. She stole money from me often to buy crack.

Well, long story short, the "boy" is now engaged to get married and his mom had come back into his life.

No sooner had she done that, money ended up missing again!!

His wife-to-be had suspected that SHE did it, they both vented out at her and then they evicted her. She was homeless for a while, but now she has her own apt. Hope that she pays the rent.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:43 PM   #2498
Chef Extraordinaire

sorry to hear it, tg, but that sounds like a good plan.

a long time ago, i dropped out of college and was dealing drugs when my dad put me up against a wall and gave me a choice of going into the military, or moving home and getting a job/paying rent/being accountable for every other minute of my time, which he and my mom checked up on constantly.

i wish now i had chosen the military and had saved all of the years that it took me to grow up slowly.

and luvs, nevermind your dad's wisecrack. i'm sure it hurt, but i'm also sure that he didn't mean to hurt you like that. in some backwards way, he may have actually been happy to make a joke about it.
NO ONE HERE wants to see you go back to being sick again. so be strong.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:45 PM   #2499
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
I ran out of checks and went to get the next book in sequence, umm, not there, so, I go asking him. I had him go in and get a deposit slip once to deposit his check. I NEVER would have thought this would happen. So, after him SWEARING he didn't know what happened to them, I look online. Well, there are 5 checks for cash that he FORGED my husbands name on and another to a store here, that they actuall cashed!!! I am filing charges on THEM. Freaking idiots, a person comes in that doesn't match who is on there and they take it!!!!!!!!!!
I blew up on him. I grabbed him by the throat and shoved him to the wall. I told him he couldn't have hurt me more if he had shot me. I'm done. I'm so numb right now. I won't tell dh cause I know what will happen. There are still 3 checks in the sequence that have not cleared and the other 15 are unaccounted for. I don't know what to do at this point. The checks that have cleared so far are just over $100. He keeps telling me that the ripped up the rest, I prayed to God is not lying THIS time!!
One way or another, he is going to the NAVY!!! I want them to beat him into submission and straighten him out!! I will never believe him again and I HATE it!!

I feel your pain and disappointment. I went thru some things with my oldest son about 20 yrs ago, he is now a fine man with a family. Long story but if you want to know more , you can pm me or email me..
LadyCook
Old 05-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #2500
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post

we had a nephew that did same thing. had no clue til checks started bouncing. we called the police and they charged him with forgery. that made the checks null and void , and became the banks problem. have no clue what happened to him after that. but that was a nephew not a son.

i know u must be in anguish.it is very sad when you can't trust your own kids.does he do drugs?

babe