"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:38 PM   #2591
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
We luv ya Mav. Mean people SUck!!!!

Old 06-05-2008, 11:27 PM   #2592
Certified Cake Maniac

Maverick, you tell me who they were and I will have Uncle Bob and his many braves come after them!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 06-06-2008, 12:27 AM   #2593
Master Chef

It was DW.... ah well.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:37 AM   #2594
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
That just makes it hurt worse!
Old 06-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #2595
Certified Cake Maniac

Mav, sorry to hear that, but I am sure today is a new day (at least I pray for you and your DW that it is).

http://beinglydia.com
Old 06-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #2596
Executive Chef

Mav, if you lived close by I would bake you a PIE and everything would be ok.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:09 PM   #2597
Executive Chef

Nasty People.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
I had a bad day, got told a bunch of nasty mean things that hurt my feelings. That's my vent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
I had a bad day, got told a bunch of nasty mean things that hurt my feelings. That's my vent.
See? That happens ALL the time! You just tried to encourage me with your last post and now you have to suffer for it. I find that the more good person tries to do the harder problems arise. You seem like such a good person and no one has cause to say something to you that is anyway nasty.

People who said nasty things are reading their bible upside down as you said before. Hate the sinner envy t he sin? Hope I got this right. It is the truth. Seems like the more inconsiderate you are the worse things get. But as I told you my family loves people not for what they are but who they are. child of God. You are God's child and He will handle these nasty people for you. Trust Him. Have faith He sees all.

Thanks for your comments sure worth bunch to me. have to lift one another up.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #2598
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
So who's computer is it anyway?

I walked up to my computer and jiggled the mouse to bring up the screen and there was a message on it that said that software updates were ready from Microsoft and that I should download and install them. !0 munites and a reboot later, that was done. I needed to write a check, so I opened Quicken, it said that an update from quicken was available and that I needed to install it. OK - another 10 minutes. Wrote my check, went to print and it said that my toner is low - "I DO NOT CARE!!!!! PRINT MY CHECK". Check is printed. Yup! you guessed it the Anti virus popped up and said that I need to renew my subscription - another 15 minutes. Now that my subscription is renewed it wants to update. Ten more minutes. Now it wants to reboot, what? Five minutes.

All I wanted to do is write a check.

Who's computer is it anyway, seems like it is doing more for other folks than me.

Thank Y'All
Old 06-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #2599
Master Chef

Thanks everyone, I know she didn't really mean it and has been under a lot of pressure lately, but when she said "I am just waiting for you to die so I can get it over with and move on", well that really hurt.
We played it smart today and took a partial day off, did some plant shopping for her clients and went out to eat at our favorite buffet. Tomorrow we are going to the Museum of Science and Industry (we have a membership) with the kids, so every one pray for us that Abby (the 3 year old) actually behaves for once!! Her and her brother have been at each others throats non stop for weeks now and we are at our wits end on what to do with them.
With me being unable to help her as much as she needs with the business, and barely able to take care of the house, things are getting behind and piling up. What we really need is a babysitter so we can go on a date, last one was last November.
Then there is the broken drier, and now the washing machine is acting up and the basement sink is leaking so we can't use it anyway. I was supposed to get help from the deacon with some of the fixing but haven't heard from him at all. And today I couldn't take the heat in the house anymore so I hauled up the AC and put it in the window, not a good idea now my chest is killing me, I strained it I am sure. But I don't see any other choice, things have to get done. Sunday I am going down to the basement to start fixing the washer and drier and sink, no more washing clothes in the bathtub!

RedKitty, how dare you temp me with pie from across the ocean!! LOL, wish you were closer I would take you up on it especially if it is banana cream pie!

Adillo303, I love my PC's but in your case if you had the money I would say get yourself a MAC and live happily ever after!

In the Kitchen, it is frustrating I know, but the more you get attacked the more you have to stand firm. Stay a nice person, do the right thing, and follow the good book, it pays in the end, where it counts the most!
Old 06-06-2008, 09:01 PM   #2600
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
Mav - Sometines being the new guy on the block means that you are not up with the in" crowd. I had to do some reaserch on what you were saying and why. good stretch, I love to research. Anyway, I now nuderstand what you are going through and I am plesed to see you working it through like you are.

As for computers, well, I'm a computer consultant and I have 9 of my own. That means that when they all decide to download an update and it goes badly I have it tiimes 9 and then the customers start calling. See my prayer request and add that a client / good friend of mine died last Monday, was buried yesterday, and I did not find out till today. Just a bad day. If I was closer, I would fix the sink, washer and dryer for you, I love that kind of thing. I just did water devices last weekend. Bathroom sink, both hot and cold seals, toilet - fill valve (Bet the real name would not get past the word filter) and the outside water fawcet,

Keep your chin up, work together as you are and you will get through it. your heart is in the right place.

BW - I have nothing against MAC's, when I started I had to choose which way to go and I chose 95% of the desktops over 5% of the desktops. I think MAC is a good machine.

AC