"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 10:02 PM   #381
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Corazon90 - girlfriend - put them kids to bed early and have a glass of wine. I feel for you, I've had those nights too. Take some time for yourself tonight. Tomorrow is a new day!

Old 03-22-2006, 10:04 PM   #382
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Sigh! I need to vent too. My little one has been sick for a couple of days with ear infections. Dr. put him on antibiotics but he threw up on the first dose and refuses to take the second one. I'm hoping the vomitting was because of the flavor of the meds and not rotavirus. On top of it, he woke up this morning with a pink eye to later develop pink eye on his other eye. It's my first week at work and I'm about to lose it completely! ARGH! I have not cooked dinner at all this week cause I'm overwhelmed with work. As it is, I'm posting from my classroom since I've been posting grades tonight. I must go now. I still feel frustrated and tired. I hope this passes quickly.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:08 PM   #383
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
Oh, these kids are driving me crazy tonight!!! Feel like I need to go outside and scream, then disappear for the night. Aidan has spent the last 2 hours whining and eating dinner! He keeps telling me he wants to eat it but isn't getting any of it in his mouth. He has 10 minutes before I give it to the dog. Callum is doing the nonstop crying thing. dh just left to go to a martial arts class. Early bedtime for Aidan, I think. Wish me luck.

I'm sorry about those boys, kadesma. These punk kids just don't have any respect for anyone! You're so wonderful, and you certainly didn't deserve this.
Thank you Cora, waht a nice thing to say..Wish I could come help with the boys. I know how hard it is when they get whiny and play with food. Poor Carson was like that today, he is getting more teeth and is drooling like crazy and has a runny nose. He is a good eater, but one of those babies who like variety..He wants to swith off between veggies, then meat, then bred. He is so wise that he knows if you fork something a second time in a row and will NOT let you give it to him..Cade has a cold and barked all day, Olivia, was just plain a pain in the fanny wanting to be held or else she would cry, Ethan, was fine til I'd pick up Olivia then it was uppy ma, uppy ma.. So by 5 when everyone decided to head for home, I was a tad tired..This all began at 6:30 this morning Plus the big kid DH was here as well, men have no idea that if you don't want a kid in a room ya close the door..Or if you play with one who is not walking ya don't leave him on the bed alone while you type on the computer..Fun huh? See ya, it's about time ot sit for awhile and do nothing..
When DH gets home, hand him whoever is awake then go outside bay at the moon and then come in and have something to comfort YOU!! You deserve the very best.

kadesma
Old 03-22-2006, 10:08 PM   #384
Executive Chef

I'm sorry Dina ! This must be a stressful time for you. Poor little guy - and I know you want to be there but need to be here. This is very bad sick season - my son went from 5 days of stomach flu immediately into RSV virus complicated by ear infection. I have no where else to be so I am no where near as bad off as you. I am sorry for you - is there anyone who can stay with your son while you are at school? Love and hugs and prayers to you!
Old 03-22-2006, 11:04 PM   #385
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Plus the big kid DH was here as well, men have no idea that if you don't want a kid in a room ya close the door..Or if you play with one who is not walking ya don't leave him on the bed alone while you type on the computer..Fun huh?

When DH gets home, hand him whoever is awake then go outside bay at the moon and then come in and have something to comfort YOU!!
The big kid DH should also not fill a two year old full of chocolate and hand him off. Both the kids will probably be awake when he gets home, he'll put Aidan to bed and I'll put Callum to sleep. That's the routine. He doesn't do much with Callum anyway. Pretty much, only if he has to, until Callum gets old enough to really play with him. Makes me crazy sometimes. Gripe. Gripe. Gripe.

Best of luck to you Dina! It's a new job and everything will fall into place before long. It's an adjustment period for everyone. I hope your little boy gets better fast!

Thanks MM, I'd love to have that glass of wine. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but tonight, I feel like I need it!
Old 03-28-2006, 12:15 PM   #386
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
MicheleMarie,
Thanks. My little one is much better now. I thankfully have my mom to watch my kids when they get sick. He's back at daycare and liking it. Things are just hectic at work with students' behavior! Sigh! I am trying my best to keep these little ones controlled (and I really don't want to sound mean to them) but I'm having to be very firm. This job really teaches me PATIENCE!
Old 04-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #387
Master Chef

I REALLY HATE LANDLORDS THAT ABUSE THEIR RIGHTS!!!!!
My son said that early Saturday morning, while him, his roommate and a friend were sleeping, their landlord woke them BANGING on the door, before they even had a chance to get to the door, she screamed, I'M COMING IN and used her key and walked right in. She was yelling at my son that their rent was due yesterday and they better hand it over, then after yelling more, walked out. The roommate is the first on the lease, as he is the one that leased the property weeks before son moved in and signed also. The agreement was that she would deal directly with the roommate. The roommate went over there and asked her if just the day before, she didn't say that he could pay on the 3rd as that is when he would get his check, she smiled and said "Oh yeah, I did, didn't I?" AAARRRGHHHHHHH!!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 05:20 PM   #388
Executive Chef

How frustrating! I bet your son was angry. I would have been too. Maybe she has had some bum tenants before and was trying to save herself from future aggervation - or maybe she is just a meanie - hard to tell quite yet. I hope things don't continue like that - you know what they say, mom's make the best landlords!
Old 04-03-2006, 05:23 PM   #389
Master Chef

Yep, but dad's don't!!

I told him that he better walk the line and better start paying on the 1st and not go by oral agreements. I know how the rental laws work against the rentors. We were landlords for 10 years
She has the right to come into the home, but, sense he didn't get a copy of the lease yet, after a month of being there, I don't know exactly what she put on there. I believe it is within descent hours and with fore warning. Not sure though. I told him to tell her that he wants a copy of it. It is her legal duty to give him a copy anyway.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:29 PM   #390
Executive Chef

Sounds like a good plan Texasgirl. I hope things work out for him (for DH's sake!) it really isn't funny, is it?