Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Claire, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum.

If it's any consolation, our daughter wanted to come for her Father and I encouraged her not to, but to wait until the Easter holidays. ( She is a single parent with a daughter in school and a very demanding job.) Her Dad would not have wanted her to add that stress as well.
He is progressing well now.

I do hope things look up again soon.

Thanks Alix and jkath. We'll the HR lady emailed me the copy of my application and the stinken document won't open so I just asked her to mail it to me. If I didn't want the job so bad I'd just say forget it. But the pay and benefits are amazing and the aspect of being able to retire in 20 years a bonus. I just hope it turns out its all I think it will be because I just don't see anything else out there for me right now that peeks my interest and the place I'm working at now is really going downhill quickly....they need to totally go in and clean house and get all new management.
But anyway thanks for letting me vent :)

Alix, I remember when I was 16 or 17 and head strep ones, doctor recommended to drink very worm tea with a table spoon of cognac in it. He said it was very soothing. So I came home that day and told my mom that doc said to drink a cup of cognac with a table spoon of tea in it. I did not get to do that then, but have tried that recipe latter on in life, works wonders, after 2-3 cups all pain is gone fro at least the rest of the day. ;)

Charlie, DANG thats a good thought! Think brandy would do? I don't have any cognac, but I do have some brandy. I think I'll do that tonight it sounds like a winner!

Sizz, I feel your frustration. Keep at it, slog through all that paper, the end result MUST be worth it if you have to jump through so many hoops to get to it!

Sorry

Claire said:
My mom is very, very sick. I was ready to hop in the truck and drive two days to get to her, but she says no, not now. I think going to see her will make her feel like she's dying, and she isn't ready for that. I'm tired of the bad weather, and sick at heart abot Mom. I guess I'm lucky, my husband made me put on my snow boots, and we walked Main Street for a pub crawl. It made me feel good to see how many people here like us, and made me remember why I moved here.

Claire, is there someone with her? Does she live alone? I could not rest knowing my mother was not feeling well with no one there. Is your dad there? I am just the kind of person who would rather know the real problem rather than guessing. When they get up in age, never know what is happening. sorry if I put fear into your thoughts. If my mom was around I would have been there no matter what. Grateful I can do as I please w/o someone trying to judge or cont rol me. My ex is gone. I can come and go w/o his negative comments. Too long, too late. He resented my mother too. I really don't know who he liked. Let me know how your mom doing. Does she live far away?

CharlieD said:
SizzlininIN, you need acrobat reader software. You should be able to find it free on internet to download.

THanks for the inf. CharlieD..... I'd almost bet its on DH's computer already as he is the computer king...LOL! I'll have him see if he can open it when he gets home but I"m kind of doubting it though as it attempted to covert it but in the end it ended up a blank page.

Oh, lord, believe me I'd be there if I was needed. I have three sisters within a couple hours' drive, and right now my neice and an aunt are taking care of her. Daddy is very much alive and kicking and working his butt off to take care of her. As long as Mom insists she doesn't want me there (i've always been the car-taker until recent years), I know I need to stay away. I call often. And, as we can tell right now, stay awake nights worrying.

Your Mum knows how much you love her and that you are with her in spirit constantly. I'm sure she feels upheld by this. To be loved by family is a really special thing.:) Good wishes and thoughts to all of you.

I`ve just had a glass pipe break and get shoved up my index finger in peices, I was trying to push it through a hole in a cork and it was a bit tight and suddenly broke :mad:
the 1`st aid kit has the sort of plaster/bandaids that you cut off yourself, that`s fine if you have left handed Scissors:ermm:

it doesn`t hurt and the glass will work itself out in time as always, but what Really annoys me is that not 30 seconds Prior to this, I was ask how I was and Replied "Doing great thnx, I`m in much less pain today than I have been of late" *sigh*

I ask ya, How Irritating is THAT!:mad:

OUCH!!!! My fingers started hurting just reading your post... That is awful, I hope it is not too serious and will heal soon... it is a right bugger when you have an injured finger, not only the pain, but also it inconveniences just about everything you do!! Take care!!

YT2095 said:
I`ve just had a glass pipe break and get shoved up my index finger in peices, I was trying to push it through a hole in a cork and it was a bit tight and suddenly broke :mad:
the 1`st aid kit has the sort of plaster/bandaids that you cut off yourself, that`s fine if you have left handed Scissors:ermm:

it doesn`t hurt and the glass will work itself out in time as always, but what Really annoys me is that not 30 seconds Prior to this, I was ask how I was and Replied "Doing great thnx, I`m in much less pain today than I have been of late" *sigh*

I ask ya, How Irritating is THAT!:mad:
Some little demons must have heard you. Do hope the fingers and your whole person feel better soon.:) Is this an after effect of your accident? Don't answer if that's an 'out of order' question. Just to let you know I do care about the pain of others.

Last edited:
Yikes, YT. Take care!

Another run in with the landlord. He was on our terrace and I can't proove he had been inside, but the cats were pretty shaken up :( They are extremely easy going but they just don't like him, picking up on our tension I suppose. The lawyer told me to photograph him if he stepped on to the terrace that we reant, but my camera was inside. ****.

Thnx each, I`ve Super Glued (crazy glued) it shut so the bleeding`s stopped now, so all`s Good, and honestly it really doesn`t hurt :)

cSalt "Is this an after effect of your accident? Don't answer if that's an 'out of order' question."

I don`t even understand the question LOL :)
you can ask me Anything if you like, I don`t offence easily...

Although I would with Lulus "landlord" and with Extreme Prejudice!

YT... I thought perhaps you might still suffer from the effects of injuries sustained in your motorcycle accident . re your comments about pain etc.
(I'll go back to sleep!:) )

Very minor vent here. My throat IS getting better but very very slowly. Why you ask? Because it isn't actually strep throat. Instead of being bacterial, it is VIRAL! So I spent $50 on antibiotics that are doing sweet tweet for my throat. Likely the thing that has helped most is all the liquid I have been pounding and the cure all, time. How annoying. So now I just have to wait it out. Phooey. (Oh and our health plan covers the cost of the drugs, I just resent paying for useless items at all!)

csalt said:
YT... I thought perhaps you might still suffer from the effects of injuries sustained in your motorcycle accident . re your comments about pain etc.
(I'll go back to sleep!:) )

I do Daily, as well as Other injuries sustained (seperate incidents), sadly the worst is Hereditery(sp?) and I`m crippled with arthritis, BUT.... I have some Good days and that`s what counts :mrgreen:

Alix, don`t even bother taking the anti-biotics, SERIOUSLY! DONT!
it`ll compromise your immune system and also make the medicine less effective in future for when you Really need it. Trust me!;)

Plenty rest, isotonic fluids and elevated temp should do the trick quite nicely, so snuggle up warm (uncomfortably warm even), and ride it out, happily those little suckers have a VERY limited temp range in which to survive and propogate, YOU on the other hand are well cool and can out-do them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom