Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought new CNC machine, the company, and the rigger was supposed to be here to deliver it at 9 AM. He's still not here. The electrician and technician are schedule to come at 2 and 3 for the install, grrrrrrrrr. Why can't people keep the schedule? If I even suspect that I cannot make it on time, or maybe I will not make it on time I never make plans. :mad:

To add to complains about Moms. Thank G-d they are alive and we can complain about them. I too have complained about my mom. My BD is coming up, so she called me and told me that they are coming. Ok, if it was just her fine I do not have to do anything special, but she is coming with my father, I already have strained relation ship with him, so I cannot do anything to upset him more, neither do I want to upset him. But that means that I have to make full diner. We are leaving early Friday and not coming back till about 7 PM Saturday. When am I supposed to make diner? I work late every day till about 8 PM, when I come home I am not in the mood to cook anything. I told her as much but she insisted on coming. Oh G-d please let her be alive and well until 120 so she can drive me crazy, and so I can complain on this board till then.

Thank you all for your support! It's nice to be reminded that I may not be as selfish as others would like to think I am. Also with that family I'm so far off of everybody's age I feel uncomfortable. I'm 27, the closest people in age to me are either under 16 or over 45, so maybe I just don't fit in that well anyways.

Well, crap and a half!!!!

Buck and I went down to our shop in town to open it this morning. Parked in the back as usual. I was out of the car first and went to the door to wait for Buck to unlock the door. Unfortunately I didn't have to worry about using anyone's key. I tapped the door with my index finger and it swung wide open. There's a deadbolt lock that is always locked when we're not there. The deadbolt was still thrown and the strike plate from the door jam was on the floor in the entry of the back of the shop. We'd been broken into.

I entered the shop to find our shop cat, Julie, anxious to see us. Someone had clearly upset Julie. Guess we could figure out who.

Strangely, all of Buck's expensive power tools and hand tools were still where they should've been. All my equipment, sewing machines, etc. were where they should've been in my workspace, too. The only thing that looked like it had been disturbed was a large cardboard box sitting on a chair in the front showroom. The front door was undisturbed.

We immediately tried to call the police only to discover that the phone lines had been cut, so Buck drove down to city hall to report the incident to the police chief and the mayor and to call the phone company.

It's been several hours and we've since learned that 4 or 5 other businesses/buildings were also broken into sometime last night. What a mess!

The police have already taken pictures and made a report, Buck's repairing the door frame and is waiting for the phone company to repair the phone lines. As a matter of fact, as I am typing this, I received a call from the phone company asking for information about the business location.

We're on our way to getting back to normal. However, I'm uneasy about entering a weekend when we'll be away from the shop for a couple of days. I think I might just have to check in a couple of times before Monday. Julie was so upset, he threw up this morning. This just sucks!

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident Katie E. Hopefully the police will step up observation over your store this weekend. It's weird that they didn't take anything, but I'm glad that most of your stuff is still there and unharmed. Hope your day gets better!

Don't you just feel violated??? What a bummer!!! Do any of your adjacent businesses own video cameras?? If they do, maybe the criminal activity was caught on their tapes or at least suspicious-looking activities. You might want to consider installing a vc to be on the safe side---I think that some insurance companies give a break to businesses if they install one. I'm so sorry to hear this, Katie...........maybe they were actually scared off by your cat----yeah, how many of our feline friends look like pit bull cats??? Please keep us updated......

Hang in there Katie, I know this feeling well..But, at least you weren't there when they decided to have a look see..Having a break in is scary but being on the receiving end of a gun is worse..I'm thankful you didn't come face to face with those miserable people.
kadesma

...maybe they were actually scared off by your cat----yeah, how many of our feline friends look like pit bull cats???
Actually I thought about this--Some cats will actually attack people like that. Especially if the cat felt cornered. One of our cats (born outside and distrusting of people) will tear us up if we try to touch her and she feels cornered.

I'm so glad you weren't hurt Katie and Buck. I'm sorry you had to go through it, but I'm glad nothing seems to have been taken. At first I wondered if someone was just trying to get in out of the cold or something, but when I read he/she cut the phone lines that didn't make sense. That makes me wonder if he/she had longer ranging plans but was just scared off. Please be watchful for anything in the future, but also don't let this incident consume you with fear. I'm thankful you are both okay.

:huh:Barbara

Actually I thought about this--Some cats will actually attack people like that. Especially if the cat felt cornered. One of our cats (born outside and distrusting of people) will tear us up if we try to touch her and she feels cornered.

But when I read he/she cut the phone lines that didn't make sense. That makes me wonder if he/she had longer ranging plans but was just scared off.
:huh:Barbara

I don't think Julie felt cornered, just threatened. Julie's a VERY social kitty, but not accustomed to being interrupted in the middle of the night. I think he found a place to hide.

The phone lines were fixed about an hour ago. We're surmising that the bad guys might have thought we had a security system and messing with the phone lines would disable it.

No, expat. No security cameras anywhere in the businesses so no videotape record of what happened.

The police department and sheriff's department have their hands full with the courthouse arson investigation. All of a sudden our quiet little community is not so quiet.

Speaking of pitbull cats - The week after leaving the military, I hired a packing crew to ship my belongings out of state. An appropriately tall and muscular man stepped into my living room - only to jump back and let out a small shriek at the site of my eighteen pound tomcat. "Truly he is affectionate", I assured him. My belongings were packed in a jiffy.

Didn't mean to stray off the venting topic though. Glad to hear you and your kitty are safe, if a bit ruffled.

well, I guess I did own a semi-pit bull cat named Liono after one of the powerful "ThunderCats" characters in the 80"s cartoons-----we were very respective of his "likes and dislikes"--all the neighbhorhood kids knew to back off if he swished his tail and his ears drew back but he had so many other great qualities that few disliked him....I never knew what a terror he was to dogs and how protective of our yard until I observed a neighbor picking up her Scottie after seeing Liono lurking in the bushes and overheard her soothingly purr to "our pit bull cat" --- "nice, Kitty,kitty...nice kitty, kitty.." that's when I made her acquaintance and was told that Liono literally would attack her dog for rounding the corner of our property....he probably would have made good watch cat............

Katie E so glad you are both safe and that not too much harm was done.
Keep your chin up.

Glad you're both safe ( julie too) that's the important thing!!
Sometimes people are so darn mean.... sorry this happened to you.

I am SO mad--at myself. Last weekend James went to the grocery store and got a few things, including a few packages of meat. I put the bags all down on the kitchen floor, then started putting everything away. At least I thought I put everything away.

This afternoon I was walking through the kitchen and noticed a brown puddle on the floor. I thought Cubbie had taken my almost empty bottle of Diet Pepsi (he likes to chew 2-liter bottles) and chewed it and spilled the pop on the floor. I noticed a bag sitting in the puddle, kind of behind a plastic bin by the microwave cart. It was a ham. It wasn't a really big one, but it wasn't really small either. I can't believe that I never noticed it until today! I said it was a ham--I didn't really look at it close enough because by now it was pretty disgusting, but it was ham-shaped and had a bone. I could just kick myself! I'm also very surprised that neither Cubbie nor the cat (or the neighbor's dog who comes in and makes himself at home) tore into it.

:mad:Barbara

Wow, Katie, that is a horrible feeling. I'm thankful that you or Buck were not there and that Julie is okay physically anyway. Emotionally, he may have to have lots of love to help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom