Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that either some parents don't care or other parents have bought into the rights of the child stuff. I try to ensure that mine know that they may have rights but they also know that others have rights as well. Responsilbility & respect should also play a big part in their life.

speaking of kids....my husband and I ate out at a very nice restaurant last night and by the time we left there were 6 boys running amok throughout the tables--and I mean careening off of other diners' chairs (average age 6).....this was not cheap food and we felt like if they had the money for the restaurant they could have gotten babysitters for them....it was terrible...I even said something to the front desk on the way out, not that it's going to do anything...GRIPE!

the next kid that runs into me with those heely shoes ...
his parents better be ready for a tirade ...

I hate parents that just let their kids run amok everywhere, but at the same time those people that act like even well behaved kids are a huge inconvenience and annoyance are worse in my opinion.
And the people that stand ever ready to 'correct' you on your parenting if you so much as look at your kid cross-eyed when they misbehave... on the one hand they expect your kids to be 'perfect' and yet on the other hand they expect you to do it by reasoning with a three year old while talking softly and gently to them.

...but at the same time those people that act like even well behaved kids are a huge inconvenience and annoyance are worse in my opinion...
You brought back a really funny memory. When my grandkids were 3 1/2 and 6 months old, they (and my daughter of course) flew back here to visit. On their way home they were sitting next to an old grouch on the plane. Everyone on the plane, including the flight attendants, were amazed at how well-behaved both of the kids were, but the old grouch complained just because they were there. In fact, I think Nancy said one of the flight attendants finally even said something to her (loud enough for him to get the point) about them being the best behaved kids she had ever seen on the plane. Anyway, on their way out of the plane, Andrew (3 1/2--and who had no idea what the word he was about to use meant) whispered loudly to Nancy, "I think he has diarrhea!"

:LOL:Barbara

You brought back a really funny memory. When my grandkids were 3 1/2 and 6 months old, they (and my daughter of course) flew back here to visit. On their way home they were sitting next to an old grouch on the plane. Everyone on the plane, including the flight attendants, were amazed at how well-behaved both of the kids were, but the old grouch complained just because they were there. In fact, I think Nancy said one of the flight attendants finally even said something to her (loud enough for him to get the point) about them being the best behaved kids she had ever seen on the plane. Anyway, on their way out of the plane, Andrew (3 1/2--and who had no idea what the word he was about to use meant) whispered loudly to Nancy, "I think he has diarrhea!"

:LOL:Barbara

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Our neighbors are like that, it never ceases to amaze me that they themselves had kids of their own and are now grandparents!

My kid is driving me crazy. I'm happy that he's not sick anymore and all, but he sure has a way of sapping the energy out of me before normal people are even out of bed. After getting me up at 6 (he usually gets up at 7:30) and begging for food, I took him downstairs for breakfast. Except he refused to eat anything offered to him. Don't ask me why he was begging for food before. After I got him out of his high chair he dug a box of candy out of the diaper bag. Get real kid, like I'm going to give you Nerds when you refused to eat cereal, fruit, yogurt, bread...! Then he decided it would be a really fun game to pull books off the bookshelf one by one. Tell me again why I wanted another one?

We are gluttons for punishment! That and mother nature plays tricks on us. Everything that once annoyed us suddenly becomes 'cute' memories when they get older, and we don't remember the truth until it is too late and the new one is on the way!

Wait until their teen years---then strap yourselves in tightly on the roller coaster and put the helmet on----you're in for the ride of your lives---NO SLEEP until they go off to college or are out of the house.........

Wait until their teen years---then strap yourselves in tightly on the roller coaster and put the helmet on----you're in for the ride of your lives---NO SLEEP until they go off to college or are out of the house.........

Can I skip that part?

Katie E, What do you mean? You get sleep now that your kids are out of the house?!? Mine still call when the babies get sick in the middle of the night and I go to them!! I must be doing something wrong!

Katie is absolutely right - no way around it but most of us survive. Be sure and keep detailed notes, though. They will be useful when your kids have teenagers!

Katie E, What do you mean? You get sleep now that your kids are out of the house?!? Mine still call when the babies get sick in the middle of the night and I go to them!! I must be doing something wrong!
Well Well, I'm not alone:LOL:

kades

It helps to have a little geography in between, Dawn. Our two children with families of their own live in Atlanta, GA. They've also been parents for a long while. One son's been married for 15 years, so they have the "what the heck do I do, mom" part figured out when it comes to their children. I'm just waiting for one of them to have a "teen." Now, THAT will be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom