Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope you got them at a reduced rate for students or thru the Federal Government, those things can be a burden enough without having them at regular interest rates!!

I had no clue what was what and I owe a fortune for getting my master's degree. Plus, since we weren't able to pay it off with our prize money, as we had hoped to do, we will owe an added $10,000 interest just for having to pay it off monthly. I have to win another sweeps!

:)Barbara

I went up to the cemetery for my dad's Fathers Day. When I was going to leave I went past my great-great-grandfathers grave and noticed that his daughters stone, right next to his had been broken in half. It is a very tall one and it broke at an angle. I called the office when I got home and they said that they had alot of vandalism in that area the night before. ( I didn't even notice, I was so heart sick ). That stone has been there for over 100 years. My DH and I are going back up there tomorrow morning and see what he can do to fix it. I would love to ask the person who did this, WHY?

It is pretty sad when we have to start to consider locking our cemeteries tighter than our prisons. When I was growing up, even the 'bad seeds' knew not to mess with the graves.
I am sorry to hear this happened to you, I hope you are able to get it fixed without a lot of trouble.

It is pretty sad when we have to start to consider locking our cemeteries tighter than our prisons. When I was growing up, even the 'bad seeds' knew not to mess with the graves.
I am sorry to hear this happened to you, I hope you are able to get it fixed without a lot of trouble.

Thanks Maverick, one of the big cement ern's by my mom and dad grave's had broken in half once and my DH did get that put back together, so I am hoping he can repair this too. The only trouble is, this tombstone is made of sandstone. That is how old it is.

I wish him luck, out here they have actually started selling insurance for headstones and grave sites for just this reason. Really makes ya think...

It was an odd day here as well..I just had such a hard time staying fixed on the day..I'd start something and then find myself here looking to see if there was any news, then on my knees saying a prayer..one wonderful thing Cade found me in here and quietly knelt beside me..He put his head on my shoulder and just stayed very still till i was done..he then said I asked GOD to let your friends be ok ma..Oh boy, it was almost impossible not to cry..What a neat little boy we've been graced with..
Love can really make you feel ten feet tall.
Night all, time to say some prayers..Msy the Lord watch over all of us this night.
kadesma
Made me cry the whole situation makes me cry. What a sweet caring little boy.

Me too JP and yes Cade is a sweet little boy..He spent the afternoon with me and when we were taking him home, his mom called and I had to give him the sad news that our little angel Maya Rose had passed away..His eyes just filled with tears and he said oh Ma, I' so glad we celebrated her life sunday and that I sat with her and kissed her when she started to fall asleep..I kissed her goodbye..Then he just sat back leaned his head on the seat, closed his eye and said Ma, can we say a prayer

kadesma

Last week when we went to baseball practice for my son, we and 2 other people were the only people that showed up. Tried calling the coach, no luck. Now the previous 2 practices were called off due to rain.
Last night was a game. I asked another parent what happened, and she said they "voted" at some point not to do practice, just games.
Here's my issue.
1) Nobody called to make sure everyone knew about this "decision".

2)What does this teach our kids? To only halfway commit to something? These selfish parents are "too busy" to give up 2 evenings a week to hang out at the ball park with thier 8 year olds, so once a week has to be good enough?
That's my biggest problem with it... I don't really mind that we went to hang out at the playground with our kids for no reason last week.
Ok done.

I'd be upset too! And why didn't you get to vote? Did you pay to have your son on this team??

yep, $40 bucks that I'd have rather put in to our pantry or freezer.
Can you believe this is much better organized than last year though? Ugh it was miserable.
I'll give it next year and if they still suck then we'll find a new sport.

Well...since they cancelled half the fun... I'd want 1/2 my money back!

( I like my money!!!)

Depression

Has anyone experienced not being able to cry when taking depression medicat ion? No tears even for sad dog stories! Is this good? Aren't you supposed to release your feelings? I don't know if I would rather do without this medication and have natural feelings. Doctor t ells me I told you to take the medication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom