Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with both of you. Every time I get ready to bake (some of my presents are baking) something happens - a repairman comes, we find that there are bugs in a kitchen cupboard (seriously), or my leg needs rest and ice. It is getting ridculous!

I know how you feel........was setting out decorations near my fireplace and noticed dry rot near the edges abutting it.........sick that it might be termites I've just decided to put it on the back burner and not worry about until after the holidays......repairman recommended by a reputable family-owned hardware store called me and we set up a time on Jan. 2 for him to look at it.........I'm having to put my feet up, too, and I'm still waiting for this staph infection to go away though I am on antibiotics......I don't have time to have ailments right now.....:) Despite all that I got into the spirit tonight notwithstanding two rude salesclerks.....my daughter in law was all set to report them and I told her......look....they're tired and probably have hours left on their shifts.....one is in a girdle and wearing high heels and WILL be soaking her feet and the other is probably going to get the flu with people in her face for all these hours......you and I are finished and going out to eat......

A neighbor's dog was let out at 2 am the other morning, the neighbor could not find her dog . Later that day, the dog was found lying on the church property lawn and someone had dumped him in the dumpster ! I feel bad for the neighbor losing her dog , it seems he had a seizure and died, he apparently had a history of seizures, he was only 6 yrs. old. Anyway, neighbor got the dog back and took him to the vet to be cremated. I'm sad for the neighbor and ticked off at whoever dumped the dog in the dumpster. I am in a mood today because one year ago, my cat Shadow died , here at home. I miss him so much, I miss all my furbabies who have gone on .

A neighbor's dog was let out at 2 am the other morning, the neighbor could not find her dog . Later that day, the dog was found lying on the church property lawn and someone had dumped him in the dumpster ! I feel bad for the neighbor losing her dog , it seems he had a seizure and died, he apparently had a history of seizures, he was only 6 yrs. old. Anyway, neighbor got the dog back and took him to the vet to be cremated. I'm sad for the neighbor and ticked off at whoever dumped the dog in the dumpster. I am in a mood today because one year ago, my cat Shadow died , here at home. I miss him so much, I miss all my furbabies who have gone on .

Unfortunately, the person was not an animal person, or they would have just buried it. But, to give them a tiny bit, and very tiny bit of credit. They probably just thought it better to dispose of the body than have kids see it on the way to church. I'm sorry your friend lost her companion though. That is hard!

Unfortunately, the person was not an animal person, or they would have just buried it. But, to give them a tiny bit, and very tiny bit of credit. They probably just thought it better to dispose of the body than have kids see it on the way to church. I'm sorry your friend lost her companion though. That is hard!
Maybe , but this happened in the middle of the week. I don't know if the dog had tags on it or not. At least she got the dog back.

Whoever dumped the dog in the dumpster is sick. The police should have been called and the owner of the dog should have been notified. If anyone were to treat my furbabies like that, they would have me to reckon with.

I can't recharge my cell phone for last two days. Showing 'server busy'.

I have to make calls from land phone. The problem is I have to dial the numbers taking the numbers from phone book (I don't know anyones no because the numbers are stored with name in cell phone). I lost the habit of dialing numbers and each and every time I am dialing a wrong number.

goodness, I've been in your shoes, radhuni.......this is why I carry a small address book in my purse with all cell contacts ..........it's rather a lonely, scary feeling isn't it? Hope that you can recharge you phone soon.......good luck!!!

Have any of you seen the movie the Money Pit? Well I guess the one thing we can be thankful for is that all the problems happening are not costing US anything except frustration! We found another leak from what looks like a nail in the sewage drain from the toilet.

Then we were getting windows redone because the seals were broken and they were letting in cold air and fogging inside. The management pays for those and they were being installed today. But they couldn't do the slider window in the livingroom because the frame is sinking and they couldn't get the old window out. So, another project not finished.

I am doing my best to not get stressed out over this anymore, but if there was a chance we could sell the place (who's going to buy it with walls and floors torn out and windows that don't work properly) we would be outta here fast.

Laurie, I just left you a message asking if you were enjoying your day...

I guess I know the answer now! I hope it's warmed up and the ice and snow are gone!

Oh, almost forgot. Am finally getting some baking done and a new recipe I am trying, well let's just say they didn't turn out like the picture.

Yes, Trish I just replied to your message directing you here! LOL!! No, Ice, snow and cold are all still here. I am waiting for DH to come home so I can go for a walk and get out of here! Don't want to try it alone, even with boots and cane!

A person who I am paying to help me loves to sit in judgment and make me cry. I wish I could get him to stop with the criticism.

This is always a hard time of year. I miss my dad and I can't bring my mom home anymore--so I can't keep any of the old traditions anymore. I try to make new ones but it just is not quite the same.

A person who I am paying to help me loves to sit in judgment and make me cry. I wish I could get him to stop with the criticism.

This is always a hard time of year. I miss my dad and I can't bring my mom home anymore--so I can't keep any of the old traditions anymore. I try to make new ones but it just is not quite the same.
If you are paying this person to help, you need to find someone else. You do NOT need to put up with that.

I lost my mom 8 years ago last week, and I know how you feel. I am praying for you. Maybe you could buy a few bottles of nicely scented hand lotions and when you go to visit your mom, bring some to some of the other people there (and your mom, of course). It won't change the world, but you will make the world a nicer place for a few people, if only for the moment.

And you can always PM me whenever you want. I have a good strong shoulder and a good "listening ear" (so to speak).

:)Barbara

Thanks, BarbaraL. I see my mom every day and tomorrow after her doctor's appointment we shall go out to lunch. I will have to bundle her up as it is suppose to snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom