"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-22-2007, 05:21 PM   #21
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie View Post
Well Angie... today must be a blessed day... as I type this, big giant Texas sized snowflakes are falling!!!! I love it!!! I doubt it will stick, but just to see the snow falling is such a comfort!
Yay!
Happy Thanksgiving, all.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:32 PM   #22
Master Chef

Is that not crazy!! We've have only gotten tiny little dust like flakes. 2 days ago it was close to 80!!

Old 11-22-2007, 08:24 PM   #23
Master Chef

LOL - our first snow on Thanksgiving Day in 14 years! Of course - it was mixed with rain and sleet and melted as soon as it hit the ground. But, it was fun to watch while it lasted.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:12 PM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in FtW View Post
LOL - our first snow on Thanksgiving Day in 14 years! Of course - it was mixed with rain and sleet and melted as soon as it hit the ground. But, it was fun to watch while it lasted.
And texasgirl... I agree, I loved watching it.. but we knew it would never last!!! And yes... crazy is the weather in Texas!
Old 11-23-2007, 12:01 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Woke up to about 2 inches this morning its supposed to snow all day.Temp is 23 degees.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:36 PM   #26
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Today we got our first snow! It's beautiful! Normally our first snow is a little flurries. Not this year! We have accumulation with huge flakes and 2-4" expected. Perfect for Thanksgiving.
When I was young, we always had a couple of feet of snow by Thaksgiving. You know the song "Over the River and Through The Woods"? It was actually written for Thanksgiving time. That used to describe the area that I live in. We have had very little snow this time of year for the past 15 years now. It's lightly snowing right now. There are some young to middle teans accross the road that are slipping there feet purposely in some kind of dance-like movements, having a great time. I miss the spontanaeity of teens in my home. I had fun with my family yesterday, those that are still living close enough to come over, and had great conversations with those who live too far away. One day, we will all be close together again. Pretty much, we will all of us, my wife, me, and my kids, all live in the northwetern U.S., somewhere around Seattle. Then, we will be able to see each other as often as we want. That will be a good time.

In the meantime, I will continue to be thankful of the natural beauty of Upper Peninsula Michigan, and the great neighborhood I live in, out of town, in a small subdivision with woods all around me, and the Great Lakes almost on my doorstep.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the Noth

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 04:42 PM   #27
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
Woke up to about 2 inches this morning its supposed to snow all day.Temp is 23 degees.
Ended up with 5 inches.YIPPEE!
Old 11-23-2007, 05:02 PM   #28
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Think I counted 20 flakes yesterday - , sure isn't like it use to be ! Still waiting for a pretty snowfall.