Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:chef:;)There was a story in our paper about a cat in a nursing home that would signal when a person was about to pass. The cat would go in to the room and jump up on the bed and be very still till it was over then she would git down and leave.. The nurses trusted her so much that when she did this they would call the relative and tell them to come as it was time. animals are so precious. Where I live we can not have a pet, that does not stop me from loving them

There was a story in our paper about a cat in a nursing home that would signal when a person was about to pass. The cat would go in to the room and jump up on the bed and be very still till it was over then she would git down and leave.. The nurses trusted her so much that when she did this they would call the relative and tell them to come as it was time. animals are so precious. Where I live we can not have a pet, that does not stop me from loving them
I read that too Dave and I absolutely believe it. My cat sure gives me the heads up when one of the kids is getting sick.

Where I live we can not have a pet, that does not stop me from loving them
It's too bad you cannot have a pet. Some places that don't allow cats and dogs will allow caged animals. Could you have something like a guinea pig in a cage? I think pets are an important part of a family. They did a feature on "60 Minutes" years ago, where they showed how people's blood pressure was lower when they were petting a dog or cat. Interesting.

:)Barbara

It's too bad you cannot have a pet. Some places that don't allow cats and dogs will allow caged animals. Could you have something like a guinea pig in a cage? I think pets are an important part of a family. They did a feature on "60 Minutes" years ago, where they showed how people's blood pressure was lower when they were petting a dog or cat. Interesting.

:)Barbara
I saw that too. I think they even mentioned that watching fish in an aquarium lowers BP significantly. It's too bad that pets aren't considered service animals for older folks because there are a number of studies that indicate older persons with pets have less illness than their petless counterparts.

I have a horse who is really kind of a jerk. He always acts like he's going to bite or torment you in some way. It's not that he is bad, he is just punkish.
The day my father passed, I still had to take care of the horses. When I walked in to Ardy's stall, he seemed to sense that today was not the day to be a pain. He actually let me hug on him and pet him, like a normal horse. As it dawned on me that he wasn't being a punk, I looked at his eye and there was worry for me in it. That was the first time he showed me that kind of insight. He has done that on a few other occasions since, and always when I have had some big turmoil in my life. It is nice to know that we do have that kind of connection. Even though he would be happy ripping a hole in my shirt.lol

I guess I'm horrible. When Keiki goes, she will be our last pet for awhile. It broke my heart when she ran away last year, I don't think I could tak the hearbreak again.

I guess I'm horrible. When Keiki goes, she will be our last pet for awhile. It broke my heart when she ran away last year, I don't think I could tak the hearbreak again.
You're not horrible, Claire. We really do mourn for our pets and since they have a much shorter lifespan than we do, we know that we'll be losing them one day. We had ferrets, which I absolutely adored. They were to cutest, friendliest little creatures - like puppies that never grow up. But they don't live much past 7 years so when the last one died, I said no more because I don't want to go through that loss again. The kids and I really missed those funny little weasels!

:)I know what you mean but I have realized when you lose a pet thats how you feel but at the same time I know I have an open spot for another desperate creature.I dont look for one as I am sure they show up at the right time and they do and when that moment happens thats it.All our pets break our hearts when they pass on.But I decided Id rather give another needy creature a great home and lots of love because thats what I do and when they go I am soo heartbroken for many,many years I at least gave that creature the best life it could ever have.I will take the heartbreak any day to comfort just one more as hard as it is.

Back
Top Bottom