Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
for us east coast non-spur folks, could someone please explain detachable spurs? are they for looks only? do they get "attached" to anything other than boots?

You should only wear your spurs if you are riding. They should come off before to enter homes or vehicles. They are held on to your boots with leather straps.

i feel like blowing up at&t. i spent an hour trying to get my password reset so i can pay my bill on line. i did it for five years without a hitch. three months ago it went nuts. i would give up and call and pay my bill. last month i told them, forget it send me a paper bill. got a call today, bill over due. never got a paper bill and since i can't access my account on line. i had no bill as far as i was concerned.

then after call today, thought i will try on line again.after several totally inept employees, was told it was reset. here is the kicker, it is not fixed. i could barely understand the techs. and they could not understand me, obviously they didn't understand me since it is not right.

i am waiting until my impulse to use the f word fades and will try to go higher up the chain. unemployment is high, give them the jobs that are now in other countries. all of this literally gave me heartburn. grrrrrrrr.

I hate when the folks at tech sup or customer service can hardly speak English and you can't understand what they are saying.

I no longer feel that I need to be polite to someone in another country doing a job that is needed so desperately in this country. When I get such a person, I tell them immediately that I can't understand a word they are speaking. Then I ask if there is anyone there that can speak American Eglish that I could possibley understand. I refuse to even make an effort to understnd them. Most of these folks are in India. They not only have an Indian accent that you can't understand, but it is a Queen's English mixed in. A carryover from when India was ruled by England. So you are fighting to understand two accents.

If I can't get results there, I then call the company headquarters in this country. If enough of us call the headquarters and let them know that we can't understnd the people who man their customer support phones, perhaps they will bring back the jobs to this country. I also let headquarters know that I am very unhappy with their customer support and I will never purchase one of their products again.I l will also spread the word to all my friends and fellow employees at work. (They don't need to know I no longer work.) When it comes to customer support in another country, then my days of being polite are done.

I admit thatI am old and crochety, running short with patience. But I am a American and wish to be served by people who speak my language. American English! Bring the jobs back here where they are so desperately needed and at a living wage. I am a label reader. I look for the "Made in America" label. I am willing to pay a higher price if necessary. And I expect to be served by Americans who can speak English. :rolleyes:

Addie said:
I no longer feel that I need to be polite to someone in another country doing a job that is needed so desperately in this country. When I get such a person, I tell them immediately that I can't understand a word they are speaking. Then I ask if there is anyone there that can speak American Eglish that I could possibley understand. I refuse to even make an effort to understnd them. Most of these folks are in India. They not only have an Indian accent that you can't understand, but it is a Queen's English mixed in. A carryover from when India was ruled by England. So you are fighting to understand two accents.

If I can't get results there, I then call the company headquarters in this country. If enough of us call the headquarters and let them know that we can't understnd the people who man their customer support phones, perhaps they will bring back the jobs to this country. I also let headquarters know that I am very unhappy with their customer support and I will never purchase one of their products again.I l will also spread the word to all my friends and fellow employees at work. (They don't need to know I no longer work.) When it comes to customer support in another country, then my days of being polite are done.

I admit thatI am old and crochety, running short with patience. But I am a American and wish to be served by people who speak my language. American English! Bring the jobs back here where they are so desperately needed and at a living wage. I am a label reader. I look for the "Made in America" label. I am willing to pay a higher price if necessary. And I expect to be served by Americans who can speak English. :rolleyes:

I agree. If it was a job picking fruit or something (which most people don't want to do) I wouldn't be so quick to agree, but providing customer service is a decent, usually well paying job. Go Addie!

I get upset by these things also but, I try not to take it out on the Customer Service Representatives, they are just as frustrated as we are. They work for low wages with cookie cutter scripts that do not accurately address many concerns. We are in a world where the incentive to do a good job has been removed from the system. We are becoming like those poor chickens in the egg factories, instead of cages we have padded cubicles. I am glad that all of that is behind me! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I nearly lost it when I asked for a rep who could speak English understandably and the rep just insisted that his English was perfect.

I understand the frustration and having been on the "receiving" end of the customer service issue, I can get frustrated beyond measure when it appears I'm dealing with either an incompetent or foreign person...or both.

I spent many hours, speaking American English to customers, as they berated me, shouted at me and called me names. I didn't work from any sort of a script because I knew inside out and backwards the product my company provided, so I could speak intelligently about nearly any given problem.

I tried not to let the abusive remarks get to me, telling myself that I was the first person the angry customer came in contact with and they were venting as much as they were frustrated/disgusted with whatever they were inquiring about.

But...management/corporate is really who should be alerted about communication issues with their customer service personnel. The customer service people are the ones who put a "face" on the company and have the power to color the public's view of the entire organization.

Sitting in a penthouse office with views of a city's skyline don't fly with me while the grunts are out in the trenches.

A lot of the companies here use services in other countries. The system is set up re: auto dial and goes over VoIP. This means there is a delay before you hear a voice after you answer your phone. I got NINE of those calls yesterday. I finally--yelled "if you're not going to say anything, stop calling me!" I sent all the rest of the calls for the day to voice mail. I was busy painting, etc., in the back of the house and had to run to the phone since I haven't moved any of the other phones and the one I moved isn't cordless (hard to believe s/one still has one of those--but I like having a wired line incase the power goes out). I was so annoyed. I did *69 and tracked the #, but it is an outgoing # only, so I couldn't call anyone to complain. I have "telemarketing" blocked, but obviously, this is a random dialer thing and because these services are based off shore, the companies have found a loophole in the "do not call" law.

Last edited:
I just don't understand these people, especially at a workplace, with their constant loud and annoying ringtones. Can't they just tone them down a bit?
These people for the most part have no etiquette when it comes to cell phones. They will never be seated at my dining table.
How do you approach or suggest to them about these things? At least I can place a box of mints for someone with bad breath, for instance, without being up front and blunt.

Stirling just got a letter from Capital One, which runs the HBC (Hudson's Bay Company) Master card. They wanted him to update some info. So, he called. They told him that I needed to talk with them, because I am the primary card holder.

Then, they wanted so much personal info about me that I said I would call back, using the number on a credit card statement. Got it all done and they didn't need to talk to Stirling. :wacko: They should have just sent the letter to me in the first place.

I can understand how frustrated it can be dealing with some of these people. I have to have more surgery done plus a perm cath removed in the morning. Both the hospital and the doctors office have called to get all kinds of info and a list of my meds..Right ? Now were all done right? heck no tomorrow the doctors office will bounce me around asking the same darn questions then the hospital will do the same several different times. Till I'm ready to KILL!!!! Why do they insist on this? beats me Once should do it I'd think.my dh falls in line and feels they in their right asking these questions over and over and over. Me I just get :furious: Then he and I end up fighting over teir being the way they are. Hopefully this will be the end of all of them for a while..Please GOD!!!
kades

I can understand how frustrated it can be dealing with some of these people. I have to have more surgery done plus a perm cath removed in the morning. Both the hospital and the doctors office have called to get all kinds of info and a list of my meds..Right ? Now were all done right? heck no tomorrow the doctors office will bounce me around asking the same darn questions then the hospital will do the same several different times. Till I'm ready to KILL!!!! Why do they insist on this? beats me Once should do it I'd think.my dh falls in line and feels they in their right asking these questions over and over and over. Me I just get :furious: Then he and I end up fighting over teir being the way they are. Hopefully this will be the end of all of them for a while..Please GOD!!!
kades

Fortunately all my information is in their computer. When they start to ask me all these questions, I tell them to look at my record. I get rather blunt and ask them if they have even taken the time to look at my record. I also have a list that Winthrop gives me every time I have an appointment. So I just hand it to them and tell them to compare it to what is in the computer. I make them earn their paycheck. Here I am, in their office not feeling good and they are asking me foolish questions that they can just look up. And I can't even pronounce half of the names. Hang in there Kades, and make them earn their paycheck. It is just laziness on their part. All your meds are in their computer. Make them look them up. :angel:

I just don't understand these people, especially at a workplace, with their constant loud and annoying ringtones. Can't they just tone them down a bit?
These people for the most part have no etiquette when it comes to cell phones. They will never be seated at my dining table.
How do you approach or suggest to them about these things? At least I can place a box of mints for someone with bad breath, for instance, without being up front and blunt.

Rude people do not deserve politeness. Tell them point blank to turn their cell phone on vibration. Just tell them that loud ring tones are not allowed in your workplace. Not even by customers. :)

Back
Top Bottom