"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #1591
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post

That's a major pain in the butt. We changed from Comcast to Verizon last year and I went through that for SO and myself. I wish I'd been smart enough to switch to an email that wasn't connected to my internet provider.
I've had my own domain name since 1996, so I've had the same email address since then. When I've had to change providers, I just point it to the new one.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #1592
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
That's a major pain in the butt. We changed from Comcast to Verizon last year and I went through that for SO and myself. I wish I'd been smart enough to switch to an email that wasn't connected to my internet provider.
It is that, Andy.
I always preferred to deal with a local ISP. But, times are tough everywhere, and it turns out, the guy who was in charge at my former ISP has gotten in trouble over some kind of tax issue. I reckon Centurylink will be around awhile so maybe I will be good for a spell.
Frankly, I hope I don't live long enough to have to go through this again.
Next time, I will just shuffle along my merry way and let everyone wonder what happened to me.

Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #1593
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post

p.a.g. when our stupid cat, only one in the house, decided to not use any one of the FOUR litter pans we had for her I took her to the vet. She had a UTI. Probably not your cat's problem, but at the same time the vet recommended "Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract" litter. Not cheap (maybe $15-18 for 40#??) but worth every penny. I blend it half-and-half with unscented litter now and our kitty still is OK with it. No urine accidents since I started using it years ago, but on occasion she doesn't quite make it to the pan for solids. She's probably getting a little old (shelter cat, so they weren't really sure how old she was when we adopted her). Also, if you want to get the smell out of anything I can also highly endorse "Nature's Miracle" Urine Destroyer. They have a formula specifically for cats. It works. Good luck...and don't kill kitty, OK?
Thank you. We're pretty certain it's the cat litter since it started the day we switched to a new litter. The one we'd been using was discontinued. I'll check out those products. If it keeps him happy...
Old 07-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #1594
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I've had my own domain name since 1996, so I've had the same email address since then. When I've had to change providers, I just point it to the new one.
I have had my own domain for years. I use it for biz. I use Gmail for social. My biz email forwards to Gmail.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #1595
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post

Oh no, PAG! DH works for a company that produces The World's Best cat litter brand, with no odor control or anything else, all natural, made from corn. You can find coupons and rebates on line if you Google it, even get a free bag. It might be worth a try. You can find it at Petco and on Amazon, other places too.
http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.com/n...1-8f2e50964afa
We use The World's Best cat litter and it is awesome at odor control without all of the perfume. Friends have accused me of not having a cat, just a litter box to make them feel bad about theirs, our box is on the main level in the 1/2 bath and you never smell anything, even when the 30 days is coming up, yeah I only change it once a month!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #1596
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Thank you. We're pretty certain it's the cat litter since it started the day we switched to a new litter. The one we'd been using was discontinued. I'll check out those products. If it keeps him happy...
Fussy little furkids, aren't they? But what keeps kitty happy and using the pan keeps mommy happy too. Good luck!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #1597
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
May the Bird of Paradise fly up your nose!!
May an elephant caress you with his toes...
Old 07-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #1598
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Getting over a migraine, man they suck! I could do without the sweating and the nausea. I felt better this morning, but I'm running on 2 hours of sleep. Bad thing about a day after a migraine, I feel kinda loopy even though I have no more pain killers active in my system. I told my coworkers to ignore me if I started talking nonsense, then I went to work on a deli slicer with a big spinning blade....

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #1599
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Getting over a migraine, man they suck! I could do without the sweating and the nausea. I felt better this morning, but I'm running on 2 hours of sleep. Bad thing about a day after a migraine, I feel kinda loopy even though I have no more pain killers active in my system. I told my coworkers to ignore me if I started talking nonsense, then I went to work on a deli slicer with a big spinning blade....
Gah! Count your fingers, Bakechef!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #1600
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Gah! Count your fingers, Bakechef!
What she said.