Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
here they give on knock on the back door or one ring of bell on the front door. then they just leave the package. watch guy deliver to my next door neighbor yesterday. he threw package on porch. hit the door once with his clipboard and left. but then the postman does the same thing with something to big for box. guess you are supposed to just wander out and find them.

I have problems with this. They are too lazy to deliver so they leave a notice of delivery in the mail box. I always call the post office and tell them that IF I WANTED TO COME DOWN THERE TO PICK MY PACKAGE UP, I WOULDN'T PAY FOR MY PACKAGE TO BE DELIVERED!!! Ok, I am done. Feel better.

It's okay Patty1. That's why this thread is my very favorite. Once vented there is that moment of relief. It's also good for relating to others.

I'll never forget my first post about the constant stress of IE8 crashing constantly. Not only did I feel good after venting, Alix and Andy (Alix & Andy? sounds like an old radio show) wrote back and convinced me that I needed to get Firefox with Ad Blocker, which resolved my daily frustrations for good.

I had been sleeping for a couple of hours until I was awaken by my daughter shrieking. She had gone into the summer kithen to grab a bag of potato chips, when she was totally freaked out by a mouse that had gotten its hind leg caught in a trap. Our Malamute quickly darted out from behind her and grabbed the mouse only to somehow fling it behind some boxes. I had to come down in my pj's, and fish this poor live mouse out of the corner with a hockey stick, get it into a bucket, get it outside and somehow free it from the trap because my daughter didn't want me to bash it with the hockey stick. . It took a long time. Here I sit wide awake, have to be up at 5 am, while my daughter and the dog are sound asleep, now. I need a drink.:LOL:

I had been sleeping for a couple of hours until I was awaken by my daughter shrieking. She had gone into the summer kithen to grab a bag of potato chips, when she was totally freaked out by a mouse that had gotten its hind leg caught in a trap. Our Malamute quickly darted out from behind her and grabbed the mouse only to somehow fling it behind some boxes. I had to come down in my pj's, and fish this poor live mouse out of the corner with a hockey stick, get it into a bucket, get it outside and somehow free it from the trap because my daughter didn't want me to bash it with the hockey stick. . It took a long time. Here I sit wide awake, have to be up at 5 am, while my daughter and the dog are sound asleep, now. I need a drink.:LOL:

Do you ever get the feeling you're the star in a cartoon?:LOL:

Thanks for the mental pictures.:ROFLMAO:

So...where's the mouse? I hope your daughter doesn't want to see it in the morning!:)

Do you ever get the feeling you're the star in a cartoon?:LOL:

Thanks for the mental pictures.:ROFLMAO:
My neighbor saw me out in the snow, -15 degrees Celcius, in my pj's, workboots, gloves, hockey stick and no jacket, at 11 pm. He has seen a few odd things over this way before. He just waved. Just another night in paradise.

Last edited:
My neighbor saw me out in the snow, -15 degrees Celcius, in my pj's, workboots, gloves, hockey stick and no jacket, at 11 pm. He has seen a few odd things over this way before. He just waved. Just another night in paradise.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:What I picture! I don't draw much, but I see this cartoon of you, with your hockey stick. Very Tom & Jerry.

OH, and I forgot to mention that I was carrying a bucket:LOL::ROFLMAO:

28716-albums287-picture2463.jpg

The hubster watched an AB video on making sawmill gravy. Oh dear. 2 Tblsps of fat to 1/4 cup of flour? Not with whole grain flour at any rate.

I heard distressed noises from the kitchen. I went over to the stove to see if I could help. I have never seen so many lumps in a gravy. I told him to add some more milk and try to smash the lumps with the back of a wooden spoon. It was working, but there were just too many, so I told him to turn off the heat and he would squish them through a sieve (the little one with the tight mesh). I had to show him because he didn't believe it would work. His mum always used a sieve, but her gravy was always lumpy. :ohmy:

I helped him get the gravy off the pan and into the sieve and left him to play with it. He was frustrated and cranky and broadcasting bad vibes all over the place.

When I went in the kitchen to make supper, it was a disaster area. Big blobs of goopy gravy here and there. He hadn't washed anything he had used. Oh joy, wash some dishes so I can cook and clean up goop. All the while I'm still picking up the bad vibes. Well, he calmed down and we had supper. But, by then I was kinda stressed. That's probably why I stupidly burned myself (it's much better now).

Then this evening I got a craving for a salty snack. My DH made me popcorn, even though he didn't want any :wub:

So, though I had a fairly stressful evening, cursing gravy lumps, it turned out okay.

Last edited:
OH, and I forgot to mention that I was carrying a bucket:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Okay, RL, what was the bucket for, the dead mouse? You're not kidding are you? How were you going to pick up this poor mouse, in your bear hands? Ewww.

Short story aside:

While my Mom was away on vacation, a friend had bought a white mouse for his snake, only his snake died and I ended up with the white mouse.

Of course, The mouse had gotten loose in the house before mom got home. She arrived with her sisters and we're all sitting around the living room, when Mousie goes scurrying by. I said, "Oh, by the way, Mom, we have a pet mouse." The silence was deafening.

Mousie become family, of course. I caught Mom putting down pop corn seeds and bits of bread. When I finally caught him and threw him outside, getting nicely bitten in the process, it was peaceful for a while, but Mousie liked being treated so nicely and broke back into the house where he knew he would never starve.

Okay, RL, what was the bucket for, the dead mouse? You're not kidding are you? How were you going to pick up this poor mouse, in your bear hands? Ewww.

The mouse was alive. I first grabbed the hocey stick to try and reach and scoop the mouse out of the corner where the boxes were piled. Then my big plan was to flick it into a bucket, which was there in the room already. After succeeding at that, I went outside with both the bucket(containing said mouse) and hockey stick to release the mouse. That is where the work gloves come in. I don't know what I was thinking! I had just woken up a few minutes ago. I put both items in the shed before coming back inside. That is when I said hello to my neighbor.:LOL:

Last edited:
The mouse was alive. I first grabbed the hocey stick to try and reach and scoop the mouse out of the corner where the boxes were piled. Then my big plan was to flick it into a bucket, which was there in the room already. After succeeding at that, I went outside with both the bucket(containing said mouse) and hockey stick to release the mouse. That is where the work gloves come in. I don't know what I was thinking! I had just woken up a few minutes ago. I put both items in the shed before coming back inside. That is when I said hello to my neighbor.:LOL:

Well, I'm really glad you didn't traumatize your daughter, but I also really wish your neighbor had a camera.

In any case, he will have a picture in his mind that will always make him laugh!:ROFLMAO: Me too.

Well, I'm really glad you didn't traumatize your daughter, but I also really wish your neighbor had a camera.

In any case, he will have a picture in his mind that will always make him laugh!:ROFLMAO: Me too.

I'm about dead from laughing...Thanks RL!:LOL:

once more a cleaning person has not shown up. i registered with heart to heart caregivers for someone one to do light housekeeping. vacuuming, moping, the stuff that wears me out. last week was first appointment. no show and no call. called to complain. the woman in charge called me back. said she had missed a message from the care giver. she was at the e.r. with her aunt.

ok that is a very valid excuse. appointment for today, no show and no phone call either. i called and left a message to forget it and that i would find someone more reliable. no call back.

i don't know why people can't just do what they say they will. it is not like this was a free service. i can't tell you how much it ticks me off. if i was late to pay, they would certainly be johnny on the spot to let me know. good thing i had not paid in advance. so back to the hunt. in meantime will just have to do it myself.

once more a cleaning person has not shown up. i registered with heart to heart caregivers for someone one to do light housekeeping. vacuuming, moping, the stuff that wears me out. last week was first appointment. no show and no call. called to complain. the woman in charge called me back. said she had missed a message from the care giver. she was at the e.r. with her aunt.

ok that is a very valid excuse. appointment for today, no show and no phone call either. i called and left a message to forget it and that i would find someone more reliable. no call back.

i don't know why people can't just do what they say they will. it is not like this was a free service. i can't tell you how much it ticks me off. if i was late to pay, they would certainly be johnny on the spot to let me know. good thing i had not paid in advance. so back to the hunt. in meantime will just have to do it myself.

That really stinks, Babe! Call Aging Services and see if they have any recommendations.
San Diego County Aging Services - 1255 Imperial Avenue, San Diego - (619) 338-2558

thanks your highness. i will certainly give it a try. merry maids are reliable but very expensive. $100 for two hours. i really can't afford that much. you are a sweetie.

Hopefully, they know of people who are reliable and won't charge you an arm and a leg.:)

Maybe I should become a Merry Maid...they make way more than I do an hour!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom